Is this respectable?

Is this respectable?

That is the life I have now. It's comfy. It would be respectable if she were working towards a literary goal. Maybe if she wrote something of some merit, something that helped mankind. But her shelves are full of shit, just like her head.

Did you really get so mad seeing this pic that you felt the need to post it on Veeky Forums?

>nothing but YA

This bait is good. It is from a bookshop in Japan and I told Veeky Forums before but you schizotypal retards always fall for it.

>a bunch of retarded YA books
no, not at all

I can't fucking read like that. I would fall asleep in under 15 minutes.

hhhhhnnnnnggggg

oh is this the """"""""""respectable"""""""""" female """""""""""""""""""""intellectual""""""""""""" ??????

MORE LIKE INTELECTLET!

>women and soyboys sincerely believe this is what it means to read

From a woman's perspective it is quite respectable. I'm no woman though, so it's garbage and childish.

That looks so comfy holy fuck

her toes seem too long but it's a poor picture so i'll need to see more before i make my final judgement.

That's a terrible way to read

>But her shelves are full of shit, just like her head.

Living an interesting and respectable life wouldn't leave you with enough time to read all these YA novels.

Yes, being a zombie is respectable. Ugh. *rolls eyes*

She has more trash on that bookshelf than the county landfill

Look at those thighs...

What does "respectable" mean? Whose respect is at issue, and why should it be valued?

It looks like there's just some fat. I guess you could make a bit of tallow. Not much meat. She wouldn't be worth much.

>I want a decent looking woman who is still a sheltered child at heart
What do we do about the nu-male problem, Veeky Forums? Now it is becoming nu-woman as well.

Who's to say it's not better? The old-males never seemed particularly happy or fulfilled.

>What do we do about the nu-male problem, Veeky Forums?

He says as he posts a Wojak meme.

You may not like it, but this is what peak performance looks like.

No it isn't.

>better
>literally one standard deviation in intelligence above the rubes and the rabble
>same boring ass politics from his film theory classes and late night tv comedians
>same locked-in fashion cycles makes them all look like bug people
>collection of thirsty rapists that call themselves feminists
>relentless one-upsmanship while pretending to be an egalitarian

no, the opposite of shit doesn't imply better

Think again, Bucko

>Imagine a room like this, nice old wooden bookshelves, a bunch of classics, encyclopedias, books on language, history, theology, and philosophy all lining the shelves, mostly hardbacks. A little writing desk is in the corner next to a window, with a stack of your journals filled with writing notes, fragments of stories, ideas for novels, etc. No laptop because artificial screens aren’t comfy. You do things in longhand and then copy them carefully with an old hand-me-down typewriter. There is A cork board above the desk with pages pinned to it, from old paperbacks, your favorite paragraphs highlighted and underlined. It’s cold and you can hear the wind blustering outside. There is a light, freezing rain pelting the foggy window pane. An old rug covers the hardwood floor and your girlfriend lays in a pile of pillows and blankets, wearing a sweater but no pants, her long hair strewn like a fan across her pillow... like a little halo in waves over her head.

I want a comfy reading room with a girl, I wouldn’t even care if she read genre fiction, as long as she was cozy and quite and snuggled up to me while we read.

Someone describe a more comfy scene than me.

this pic made my dick hard

This desu with a laptop, an ereader and all accessories necessary for recharging and file transfer

> YA books
> christmas lights

I mean, I sorta get why a young person might be into this but it seems a bit too "loud" for me. Not my kind of thing.

Post more comfy libraries and shelves please

No woman is respectable.

Wow, how is that even a question? How could shelves filled with YA be respectable at all? These "people" are better off playing video games than reading this garbage. My blood is literally boiling right now that shit like this exists, and that people actually WANT something like that for themselves. Sometimes I wonder how someone could be so vapid, then I realized it's a woman's Instagram.

Red and Brown is a winning colour combination

I just want to live there until i die for starvation

>no corners to read in
dropped

why is there an egg on the corner?

>exposed bare feet

what a slut

>a fucking wall outside of your window

this is probably a swedish prison

>I want to date a child in a woman's body
>I want a weak, dumb, innocent to make me feel strong by comparison

>Wojak is nu-male
Back to l*ddit you go
>

>All these butthurt nu-males
All of my keks, sometimes I forget I'm posting on Veeky Forums, a place that wouldn't know real woman if they slapped them in the face. Do go on about how real men aren't rightists tho , kek.

Why aren’t there multiple copies of any book?

Godamnit that's beautiful.

how do you read at; night; ?

Godamnit that's beautiful.

Yes, if you trade the YA shit for decent books.

If this was her personal bookshelf/home which from reading through the thread supposedly it isn't, it's be very respectable. I doubt none of the people on lit (including me) have read that many books or even own that many books, just because it isn't your style of reading doesn't mean it isn't respectable.

It's about as respectable as bitching and moaning about being a strong independent woman who can do anything a man can do and then quitting your roughnecking job after a week leaving the whole crew to work a bit harder to pick up the slack and then find out later that you got a hilariously large severance package.

Godamnn..... I want this

in your library/study. bedrooms are for sleeping.

Fuck you.

>Is this respectable?
Absolutely not. This is a fire waiting to happen.

gross
dirty
comfy. 9/10 - needs a clear desk

Fucking hedonistic slut
god I wish that were me

e-readers are frontlit these days

basedment

I find this acceptable

that was my bedroom but now i have stacks of books everywhere

>I want a decent looking woman who is still a sheltered child at heart
You can have mine. I'm sick of her basic bitch tastes. She thinks that somehow behaving like a child is cool.
how do achieve this mode, Veeky Forums?
is this all natty?

>thin prose for 12 year olds
>respectable

Why are social media thots so obsessed with worshipping books and libraries when none of them have read anything other than Harry Potter and maybe John Green?

You'd get emphysema or some shit from all that book dust

Jesus, this thread makes me a little sad.

>be meathead brainlet
>football and wrestling in HS
>infantry inna Army
>welder, then welding team manager
>meet young Nursing Aide while visiting elderly aunt
>hit it off
>marry 3 years later
>convince her to go back to school to be a teacher since she hates nursing
>this was 6 years ago

So here's the kicker. My body isn't what it used to be, and I find myself less and less interested in vidya as I get older. So I decided to start reading, to broaden my mind. I've tried my hand at writing too, but I never learned to type so I write it out like a caveman. So I'm struggling through For Whom the Bell Tolls, and my wife notices.
>Did you buy that?
>Uh, yeah, I'm trying to read more.
>user, you know I have books, right?
>leads me to her bookshelf
>I've always assumed it was full of teaching books
>It's actually full of a bunch of crazy shit I've never even heard of
>Check with me before you spend money on something I already have, okay honey?

Her copy of Moby Dick is the best thing I've ever held. It's old as dirt, hardcover, the pages are pulpy as hell and I have to be gentle with it because it's so well-used. I've moved that bookshelf 3 fucking times and never once looked in it, now I practically live out of it. She's so much smarter than me it's a little embarrassing, but it's great talking to her about something she's so passionate about and she helps me out a ton.

I guess what I'm saying is don't be so defeatist. Some women do like cerebral things, some are even passionate about them. Don't get all bitter and angry. I believe in (you) Anons, you'll find the right one.

>when women be complaint
c-cute

I suppose as an outsider looking in I would think the amount if possible literary trash there makes it less OK, though I would fill my shelves with my own obscure readings that others would judge me similarly for were I in her position

wow you are 14 years old

No. Just imagine living a life where you are literally surrounded, insulated, and encapsulated by foreign reproductions of reality. The most transcendentally sublime works of art pale in comparison to even the most banal experiences of reality. At its absolute best, art is akin to intravenous fluid therapy: an artificial supplement that in-of-itself suggests trauma or stunted development. At worst, it engenders a narcotic haze of perpetual consumption in which the reader, aware of his emptiness, is compelled to increase his consumption, as he knows nothing else.

this
dat ass tho

>not emulating Bartleby to live the true literary life
shig

you are cute user
i wish you lots of awesome marital sex

>my wife is proof women can be smart
>married an illiterate retard
lolok

I want a decent looking woman who is still a sheltered child at heart
>You can have mine. I'm sick of her basic bitch tastes. She thinks that somehow behaving like a child is cool.
l-lewd

Something tells me that there's harry potter shit on that shelf

>For whom the bell tolls
>Moby Dick
Highschool level reading list, this negligible deviation from the norm is topical at best.

Sorry to shit on your barber school graduation thesis but no, women do not "like cerebral things" and I don't care how many welder you have under your command you will not convince me otherwise.

>Highschool level reading list
Highschool level reading list of 20 years ago is College level reading today.

I'm sorry to inform you that you're a pseud hiding behind a veil of cynicism. It's okay to have Moby Dick in your bookshelf mate, not everything has to be the worst thing it could be.

Ah yes I was being too optimistic.
Reading Moby Dick is not an accomplishment. It says more about someone if they don't have Moby Dick on their shelf.

pic shows shit-tier YA series like Twilight and Harry Potter

Better quality books, then yeah.

They know they're not pretty enough to coast on looks so they have to pretend they're smart. But they're not smart enough to know what actually being smart entails.

Who the hell puts Christmas lights on their bookshelf?

For some reason bitches love putting Christmas lights on everything. I have no idea why and don't think I will ever find out.

why does everyone like this so much? it's a cubicle with a bed in the middle. there's even a wall blocking your view of the outside. a prison cell looks more inviting than this.

Christmas lights are just nice in general, really

You know I just put down my copy of Divine Comedy which is over 700 pages and I was reminiscing about how thicc my Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire felt to me when I was a kid. I was wondering, was it really that thick, or was it just because I was much smaller? After all, my copy of Divine Comedy is longer but seems like half the thickness. It's very convenient that this cunt has those HP books on her shelf because now I can rest assured: why the FUCK are those books so thick? How thick is the paper? I mean I'd love to just go inspect my own copy but I literally threw them in the trash when I moved a couple years ago.

This gave me depression.

This gave me slight anxiety but at least it's comfy.

ahhahahhahahah

Large print my friend.

3 more weeks, I'm fucking dying over here. I love having a new baby but fuck it's killing me.
You know people can do more than talk about books, right? She's not into vidya, I was never into lit, it's healthy for couples to have seperate hobbies.
Allow me to clarify. I'm the brainlet here. She's intentionally giving me books that are basic as hell because I'm not a reader. Up until about 6 months ago, if it wasn't a memoir or a sourced and researched historical book I didn't think it was worth reading. I got on to Hemmingway after reading his essays on WWII. She's a teacher, remember, so she knows better than to overwhelm me with stuff that's way over my head.

Sorry to shit on your robot mentality user, but believe it or not people are different from one another. Not all women are roasties or Stacy or pseuds.

I don't know what my being a manager has to do with my wife being smarter than I am, but okay.

Leave, user, you are too good for this board. This is a place for lonely college aged faggots to waste their time, not for people who are married and happy.

Read GONE when I was like 12, grow the fuck up woman

You seem like a sweetheart, user desu.
I wish you the best.

>this is what i want in life
*posts vicariously on social media instead of working towards attaining said goal*

>Who the hell puts Christmas lights on their bookshelf?
s-sorry

Stay true to yourself, user. Everyone has their own path, follow yours. Pay no attention to the deviants, haters, naysayers, and pompous buffoons that spew forth in these threads, for they exist in a miserable excuse for life and have no other outlet. Read. Read what you want. Then read more. Then keep going.