Haven't written my novel in over a month

>Haven't written my novel in over a month
>Still constantly daydream about the characters and the plot-points

Am I a fag for not forcing myself to write, even when I don't feel like it?

I just want this shit to be perfect.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vnayLVt2bW0
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>why can't I write as fast as jk rowling

take your pseud novel to wattpad.

>Am I a fag
yes

just autistic. you probably dont even want to write

Then what's it all about? Why don't you illuminate me?

if you had passion, then you wouldn't need to force yourself to write.

Write some shit down TODAY. Now. Make minor edits as you go, but get it out first. And delete Veeky Forums from your browser toolbar. And use a schedule. W=write, E=edit, x=rest

MTWRFSS:WEWEWEx

It's never been not wanting "to write".

But, it's always been about writing "that great novel".

All the daydreaming and visioning story bullshit has always been about writing a fantastic story.

I just wanted to know if anybody else knows this feel.

Lol that's like the worst advice ever, sometimes its just work. Just treat it like a job you enjoy,

No, nobody knows that feel, OP.

>jerry_seinfeld_check_gag.jpg

lmao "that great novel" will never be dependent on how good the fucking characters are, it's 99% your ability to write.

>he doesn't have 1000 ways to write one chapter but zero plot for your novel

Someone should brain meme this

No, the brainstorming is an important part of the creative process.

>tfw have ME/CFS
>tfw desperately want to write but I'm so tired that writing a paragraph is torture
>tfw if I force myself to write I'll burn myself out and then I won't be able to do my actual job

Yeah. You have to force yourself into it, and then hopefully it will come more naturally after a while. Usually I sit down and open the document I'm working on at the moment, stare at it, start daydreaming, thinking about anything/the story, then I just put in a few starting words, do a few sentences, and then out of nowhere I am into the writing and going ahead just fine. Feeling like you're forcing yourself to write is just for the first 30 minutes-2 hours, and then it's fun again. Just make time to have this starting effort without feeling rushed. Like have five hours planned and expect 2-3 hours of actual work.

I don't think so. No one wants to read something that the author doesn't want to write. Remember the times that you did want to write. What catalyzed the inspiration?

I set segments for myself.

>"At least write 10 minutes a day. Write longer if you feel like it".

Not that fucking hard.

I understand this reference.

youtube.com/watch?v=vnayLVt2bW0

no you're a fag for writing a novel.

>not "Just Like Honey"

Does outlining your plots and characterization count? Because that's what I've found myself doing as of late.

just like honey is not about a dispirited vegetable man. good track though my man.

>food anaalogies

NGMI

never gonna miss ignominy? yea bein famous feels good. people give me their spot in line for the restroom at footy games.

ROUTINE SCHEDULE CLEAN YOUR ROOM SORT YOURSELF OOT

It's not that you want it to be perfect. It's that you don't want to be doing the things you really need to be doing. So you don't do them. And by not doing them, you never properly develop yourself beyond early childhood. And by not developing yourself, you remain in a state of constant wonder for things. Time goes on, and your wonder pulls more things in, and you develop a more complex analysis of those things, but you aren't developing yourself in any other way. So now you have the ability for complex analysis, and you daydream and get lost in mazes of thought, but nothing else about you is developed, so you can hardly handle those thoughts. You can't put down a single original line on paper, not really; everything you write is in some way being pulled from something you already read, perhaps in a mangled and bungled form. And you occasionally find another writer who knows things about your dilemma, for they too developed themselves in a way that lead them to possess the ability for complex analysis, and you take this to mean that your situation is justified, but it is the wrong way to take it, because they developed themselves in many other ways before developing this aspect, and were successful as a result. They are as unlike you as they could possibly be. You are an abomination who has a massive head and a tiny body that can't lift it off the ground. Rethink your priorities and then nonsense like "forcing" yourself to write will be just that to you: nonsense.

Developed themselves how? By building strength of character, from what I've heard inspiration is fleeting and unreliable and so blunt force writing isn't necessarily a sign of self-deceit as much as a tool to make sure shit gets done. I'm with you on the complex analysis thing, I analyse and am interested in many different fields, would I argue this is a bad thing? Almost certainly not, but it isn't the only thing sure.

I've been writing the same novel in my head for 12 years without ever writing down a word. I doubt I ever will.

Every wannabe writer thinks themselves the next great author because they have ideas in their heads. What separates them from the actual writers is that the latter actually write. That means putting pen to paper (or finger to keyboard) and laying out the story, whether in terms of an outline, characters, or the actual prose itself.

Create something concrete that exists independently of you because if you keep going for what's perfect in your head, you might miss out on opportunities due to your obsession with an ideal that technically doesn't even exist beyond your imagination.

Get it out of your head. Don't make excuses. Don't procrastinate. Just make sure that the story finally has more room to do what it needs to now that it's past the earliest stages of incubation.

Nothing is perfect, but at least once you have it down on paper, you can actually get a good look at what you have and decide where to go from there.

Joyce put down Finnegans Wake for like 5 years. Twain set Huck Finn aside for something like 7.

Stop encouraging him

Your books gonna suck