I am curious what your opinions on Evola are, I am about 75% through Hermetic Tradition...

I am curious what your opinions on Evola are, I am about 75% through Hermetic Tradition, and it is pretty interesting so far. I haven't gotten into his popular books yet, but I constantly see them shilled around here.

Are his views really worth reading or is he a meme? I'm not that interested in traditionalism, will I still learn anything good from him?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/86086584/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/134340484/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/142878351
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/104495239/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/118541028/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/87875112/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141773539
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/30930679
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/24985710/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122023099/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122167113/
4archive.org/board/r9k/thread/31293613
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/128627797/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/139008559/
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/147654247
twitter.com/AnonBabble

>will I still learn anything good from him?
Do you like meditation? Do you like to focus the Will?
If so, then yes.

He's very popular with ugly social outcasts (primarily men) which I find fascinating

>Men who are prevented from benefiting from society seek to replace it with one that benefits you
Seriously, how old are you m8, I remember having this realization like 15 years ago in elementary school.

he makes the rapist urban soyboy male feminists buttmad, so I'm good with him

48, and I'm a massive loser. Love Evola and traditionalism. Wish we lived in a traditional world where I'd be top of the foodchain instead of being derided for being a white man and having the Jews destroy all my chances of leading a happy life

>JK Rowling is very popular with good looking socially successful people (primarily women) which I find fascinating

Really got my almonds a turnin desu.

I wonder who could be behind this post. Probably not a jew, they'd know how to conceal irony better, unless they were one of the retard Hassidic ones.

>>Men who are prevented from benefiting from society

lol

Hermeticism is making a comeback with the youth.

Imagine being retarded enough to think this post is accurate.

I'm a big fan of his criticism of Nietzsche. He was completely right, you need an outer source beyond comprehension to base principals and values upon. Nietzsche's philosophy had no substance because he declared God's dead.

>beyond comprehension

He's Spooks: The Philosophy

I'm not even a big Stirner guy, but I think his theory of how people can build complex ideologies based on purely fantastical notions or vague ideas is useful when discussing people like Evola. His worldview is a gobbledygook of unrelated mythical and religious ideas, with origins in different traditions, that he tries his damndest to make "work" together when they naturally don't.

He's very, very far-removed from reality, writing about concepts that only exist in the realm of idea. Which is fine, but at that point what's separating him from - say - any other new age writer out there cringily hijacking odds and ends of Hindu or Buddhist philosophy, besides that he writes better?

Because that's ultimately what Evola is - new age spirituality for traditionalist contrarian autists.

i agree

I read "Revolt Against the Modern World" and found it to be pretty lame. A bunch of pseudo-history with occultism. I'd like to check out some of his other work because he seems well regarded, I just found Revolt to be really shallow and not at all insightful in any way. Any recommends for further Evola reading?

I don't think Nietzsche declared God dead because he wanted to, he just realised the reality of the situation.

Tfw you will never make a statement as misinterpreted as "God is dead"

Very interesting reactionary philosopher desu, be probably has some of the strangest esoteric outlooks on life i've ever read, yet he is a very captivating author and can defend himself well

>This entire post

Biographies

>Adolf Hitler - Youth (Age 0 - 25)
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/86086584/

>Adolf Hitler - First World War (Age 25 - 29)
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/134340484/

>Joseph Gobbels
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/142878351

>Ted Kaczynski
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/104495239/

>Timothy McVeigh
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/118541028/

>Anders Breivik
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/87875112/

>H.P. Lovecraft
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/141773539

>William Cottrell
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/30930679

>Adam Lanza
desuarchive.org/r9k/thread/24985710/

>Christopher Thomas Knight
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122023099/

>Christopher McCandless
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/122167113/

>Christopher Harper-Mercer
4archive.org/board/r9k/thread/31293613

>Bill Hicks
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/128627797/

>Dylann Roof
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/139008559/

Books

>Julius Evola - Ride The Tiger
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/147654247

T. Read his wikipedia page once

His introduction to Buddhism is great and was prescient in his time

>all /pol/ and /r9k/
look I know what the current state of this board is but you could at least try to make it less obvious

pic related is great if you want to know how to read evola

is this some kind of low-level reddit bait?

i find introduction to magic a nice companion to "Hermetic Tradition", more centered around practice than just theory, it's not just Evola, it's also other authors and it's a bit all over the place, but it was a nice read

"doctrine of awakening" about buddhism and "the yoga of power" about tantrism are also nice books on the style of "hermetic tradition", haven't read any further yet, not sure if i'll keep going through Evola or try some Guenon, Eliade or Girard next

A meme and a bad one at that

stick with schopenhauer

>tfw italianfag and safe from meme english translations

Pretty intriguing, but it still doesn't make me want to be a fascist

>implying r/T_D reads any of that
>implying they don't just read basic bitch free market Jewish trash like Milton Freidman and le based black man Thomas Sewell

>tfw huge Evola fag but know little Italian

>traditionalist adults

christ you manchild losers are pathetic

Davyd Korolko
Nikolay Hkyovyi
Marat Tuporyliy

>4chin
>adults

also is Dugin a meme or is he worth reading?

are there any good English translations of this guy?

good, evola doesn't want you to be one either

meme

Only his books that deal with Astrology are good. Russians do have a different school of Astrology, just so you know.

His politics book are just realpolitik maps.