What were your "lost years" like? Are you still in them?

What were your "lost years" like? Are you still in them?

After college I spent almost two years in menial jobs while spending all my free time playing vidya and posting on Veeky Forums. It seems fucking unreal that I could completely waste my time like that. I kept telling myself I'd do something productive tomorrow and eat healthily tomorrow.

I wouldn't say I'm quite past that stage but I am doing a bit better in life now

>'vidya'
>feel faggotry
Can you please take this inane shit to /r9k/, you fucking loser?

>"lost years"
>two years after college dicking around
plz

I read books as well. But it's still mindless consumption

This. OP is a lightweight and a blogging faggot.

I clicked on this thread because I enjoy the Spiderman movies, but you need to explain what this has to do with literature

Wasn’t Henry V like that in Shakespeare, his lost years with Falstaff?
but Henry did well in the war
Hamlet was a surprise in the duel, too
hope the best for you, op

after highschool. 23 now. Never went to college. Still in them. Suffice to say i've considered suicide.

What books do you read

Every year of my education was wasted, and it will be years before I get another shot. I imagine my lost years will be until that point.

29 and still trying to sort myself out.

What do you mean
just interested, that’s all

mostly fiction. whatever interests me at the time.

Worked a shitty blue collar job after college for about two years in a town I absolutely hated. Left to attend grad school in another town, which is where I am. I hate the program and am thinking of dropping out of it, but I don't want to go back to what I was doing either.

I always held out suicide as an option until reading Dante’s Divine Comedy, about the suicides
if Dante were a lawyer today, he’d never lose a case
and if Michelangelo were a plastic surgeon, would he have the life
;)
hope the best for you

The 4-5 years I spent in college with two years spent as well NEET, working as a volunteer only getting paid in books. Out from high school and into college started those years. I only began to regain those years by working in a blue collar job l started a few months ago.

The NEET years were horrible and I had to endure them for 2 yrs before getting a part time night job that allowed me to read on the job. I miss that job.

For various reasons, I never performed well in school, and everything i would like to do in life requires an me to be well educated. My last failed attempt led to me getting into an extensive amount of debt, and I won't be able to return until pay most of it back. Until I reach the point where I can do what I want, my years will feel like little more than a waste.

well, I’m in the same boat
I don’t know if you’re an autist like me, but I’m so happy to have found some people like me
let’s hope we all make it

I'm not an autist, just a run of the mill failure who's become filled to the brim with bitterness and resentment.

I'm doing it right now. One and a half year out of college.

The Teaching Company has better courses than any college—you know where to look
just repeat listen until you understand
as far as lit, Paul Fry’s Introduction to the Theory of Literature, free online—see how you stack up vs. Yale students
if you want to understand Derrida, Derrida for Beginners—fully illustrated
and you are not alone, anons