Is Ozymandias the greatest poem ever written?

Is Ozymandias the greatest poem ever written?
poets.org/poetsorg/poem/ozymandias

Other urls found in this thread:

poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/44212/the-love-song-of-j-alfred-prufrock
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Meh. Its up there, but I'm not sure that anyone can name THE greatest poem. Good taste, OP

My favorite is the love song of J Alfred Prufrock. The rhythm of the words, the feeling, the relatability, its all so divine

poetryfoundation.org/poetrymagazine/poems/44212/the-love-song-of-j-alfred-prufrock

Hey these are two of the only poems I actually like
>tfw you should have been a pair of ragged claws scuttling across the floors of silent seas

King of Kings!
Gotta love Shelley

no
a roll of the dice will never abolish chance is

I like Smith's poem more:

In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:β€”
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand."β€” The City's gone,β€”
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder,β€”and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place

not even close, the japs did the theme way better a thousand or so years before

I never got into Eliot.
I didn't like The Waste Land all that much, although I'm pretty sure a lot of it went over my head.
Love Song I just straight up didn't like.

Petrushka's valentine pivots on its pin

It's pretty good, but Blake > all other Romantics

I Contend To Forfend And Defend That You Could Offend Me : The Man That Heard The Man That Spoke, "Here, I made Some Art For you... please don't kill me. The Infinity Blue is beautiful. Just... don't kill simon."

I Am The Serpent The Rainbow Wanted. The Sun Knows This.

In central park there's a obelisk from ancient Egypt that dates to the period of Ramesses' (Ozymandias) reign. I used to walk by it all the time when I lived nearby and always made me think of the poem. About half a year before I moved to New York City a friend of mine was murdered and I grew obsessed with Shelley's poem Adonais, since it's about Keats' death. I used to listen to an audio recording of it while walking in the park at night.

mfg, oh my fucking god. Dude, I want to just punch you.

What does my name do to you fuckers? Does it like universally translate? How Does Fish Babble, Brook?

yeah DAE watch breaking bad and morty

Is English your second language?

But OP, he killed millions

Lovesong is very relatable if you've ever felt alienated for an extended period of time. The wasteland you need to read many times before you get much out of it, but it's very good

He sets an unlimited tone in the first stanza, then breaks to one of a limited purlieu with a specific example and extrapolates obvious inferential concepts that are not needed to appreciate the fading king. Also, the all-caps is downsy

erik gray is that you?

TO SAVE BILLIONS

I think about this poem all the time

>what is a setset?
Shelley's poem has downy caps too.

A name writ on water.

>In central park there's a obelisk from ancient Egypt
and it's basically been destroyed by the climate and pollution. good shit anglos.

are you the hugest pleb ever to post on this fucking board?

Sure, I Guess. ANL First? Whatever. God. I am just not scared of 'squares' is my point. Like, keep my viewpoint memories?

Yeah sort of. I've thought that they should either cover it with something or ship it back or something. (Maybe they could build a big glass pyramid to cover it, etc.) Part of the reason that it survived for so long was because it was partly covered by sand (I think it fell over at some point. One side of it seems more corroded, I think that was the side facing up when it fell over, or maybe that's the side the wind blows from in NYC. Idk. ) and the dry climate in Egypt helped preserve it too.