Why write?

Why write?

To leave something behind
To not be forgotten, to accomplish something, to brag...

To be able to use the word "muse" as a successful mating call

So you can assure yourself a bit that even after you die there is something you left.
But joken on you, no one who is readin this, and who has written, will never be read by anyone.

W-what if I tell you that I actually have t-talent ?

To get a qt 3.14 like in your pic. I've tried everything else...

to be more fascinating to girls.
t. 27 yo manlet virgin without any friends

No one fucking reads like that. Her wrist would be straining from holding the book like that after 5 minutes. Her legs will be constantly sliding off the edge of the chair, otherwise she'll have to clench her abdomen in order to keep them where they are.

Why do anything?

I could never express my emotions by conventional means. Had no friends up until 3rd or 4th grade and even that was a temporary arrangement. Had to express myself somehow, so I started writing short stories and freeform "poetry" and the habit kinda stuck. Funny thing is, I absolutely despise reading freeform unless I know the author and where they're coming from, since it's just you vomiting your heart out onto the paper.

>TL;DR I'm autistic

It's an autotelic pratice

That's how a genuinely autistic woman from my country achieved fame as an artist. She started with poetry and progressed to visual arts. She's pretty good to be honest.
Too bad she stopped writing "just because," though. She was bored or some shit like that.

Autist literature is still niche, capitalize if you can. I can only wish I had such a unique point of view and the ability to write about it.

Can you recall the woman's name? I'd like to look her up.
Regarding the autistic literature, I don't think there's much to capitalize on, since I'm kind of trash due to a severe lack of and outside critical input (literally only two people have read about 1/5 of 3 years worth of work) and the fact that I'm still coming to terms with it (got diagnosed barely 1.5 years ago). Where I live, there isn't much of a culture of around mental conditions. Now, I don't think that running to a shrink each time you get your fee-fees in a twist, but not seeing high-functioning autism when it's all up in your face is ridiculous.

W-woah! Are you me in 6 years?

T. Wristlet

shut up carl

to overcome time

Regret.

In July 2017, I was helicopter evacuated from an unstable clifface after spending close to three hours clung to progressively loosening gravel while staring down the seventy degree descent into death after a climbing incident on one of the most unstable areas on the English coastline.

I'm twenty-one years old, and I regretted only two aspects of a life cut short. Actually, it was just one thing. I was going to lie to you and say that I regretted not spending more time with loved ones. That's not true.

It was writing. I regretted my lack of courage to write my truth. I cried hard on that cliff not because I thought death would rob me of my chance to grow old and raise children, but because I never found the guts to overcome my neurotic perfectionism and just fucking write.

If you don't already know, writing isn't for you.

What was your truth user?

It's okay to be a nigger.

Fucking soyboy. How do you dress yourself in the morning?

>tfw suffered through an adolescent excruciating and deadly disease process from the time I was 19 until I was 21

I understand and appreciate your perspective user. It will serve you well in your endeavors.

Why not? ;)

But eventually everything ceases to exist, at best you're ensuring that you'll "exists" for a little while longer after your death. There are billions of people who have died without anyone remembering who they were or what they did, so why struggle to make people remember you for a marginally longer time than those who aren't remembered at all?
You should write to get a better understanding of yourself, then apply that to bettering the world.

She's called Bjork

lol

Pen name: Henriett Seth F.

Right, just looked her up. She really seems to be pushing the whole "autism" thing a bit too much for my taste. I mean, write what you know and all that, but when your genre is "Autistic Literature", I think it's a bit much. I've too many different stories to tell to shackle my writing to my condition, no matter how much influence it has had on my life.
"Don't ask, don't tell" is the ideal approach to being autistic, at least where I come from.

It's a fucking picture. Do you understand that, innept little retard? It's a static representation of a particular moment in time --she's modeling for Christ's sake. Two, three seconds from that moment she could have moved to a more comfortable position. The fact that this is a still moment in time means that it is by definition transitional. Daft cunt, you're the type of two-faced imbecile that will pretend he doesn't hate women. Fuck off.

I have ideas that I think others will understand and respect.

Vanity

a few reasons, some or all of which may be pretentious. I like great stories, whether they're delivered via novel or film or television. I think it would be cool if I could make one, although I'm not sure I have any interesting stories to tell. Anytime I read anything I wrote a while back I am convinced I have nothing interesting to say. Regardless, the hope for writing something that could resonate with people, a Sopranos in Veeky Forums form type of thing, keeps me going. And it's cathartic and challenging for me and something I can do alone in the comfort of my home, which is nice.

if you need to ask then your writing will be shit

real writing only happens when you cannot not do it

maybe thats why I suck. Oh well I'll keep doing it.

On another note, what is it like showing someone your writing for the first time? I can't even imagine how exposed i would feel.

I'm writing my 1000 page literary canon. I also write when I'm triggered.

Each generation might have something different and valuable to share with the world about our existence or human nature.

thats one of my motivations to paint. my godfather, who passed years ago, painted quite a lot of screens, and pretty much in every house of the family there are few of his paintings. everytime we look at them, we remember him

To make fat patreon bux writing a weeb shit web novel /doing something I love.

For the sake of improving and the joy of looking back at what I've left in my wake.

god you are too off the mark

you never show your writing

if it is genuine it will show itself and people will come to it even if you dont want

writing should not be an end but a means to something else (that is not your choice)

To make money