What do atheists base their moral framework upon?

What do atheists base their moral framework upon?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=SiJnCQuPiuo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Atheists are governed by the very same morality as everyone else.

Atheism is not a structure or framework for belief. Two athiests could give entirely separate answers to this question. Idiot

Wow what an incredibly stupid response

satan obviously

Their non-belief in God.

spbp
Personally I'm fond of virtue ethics

I think I speak for all atheists when I say this, fucking pretty girls' asses

My bet?
Utilitarianism.
That's my experience and prejudice.

was harvey weinstein the ultimate utility monster?

Only good answer in the thread

sam harris

A combination of things I learned during my upbringing and enlightenment thinking.

Note: this is a personal description for me. Atheists are not a singular group. Your question could also have been "what do people with curly hair base their morality upon" or "what do people who don't like swimming base their morality upon."

What is Buddhism?

getting put in concentrations camps and going
>see? there is no god!

i try to treat everyone with kindness, because i have received unkindness and it sucks ass and i don't want to perpetuate odious behavior

but God isn't a person, right?

Most of them won't understand this question. They'll just state what they do/believe (see: , ). Pic related is height of moral philosophy to them.

Social contract theory, you thick cunts.

Here's one of the few times William Lane Craig gets his asshole BTFO:
youtube.com/watch?v=SiJnCQuPiuo

mass posting is demagougery

user I'm looking for a video of a lecture by I think Shelly Kagan (maybe I'm wrong about that), who was introducing a special social contract fundation of morality, which was based on a "negotiation" approach.
His idea was that the rules of morality are what we would settle on if we had to agree on rules before joining society, and if those negotiations were done behind a veil of ignorance (a.k.a. you don't know who you are while negotiating).

I would love to find it again. Maybe you know.

That's Rawls, my man.

It's fully relevant actually. One can post his own theoretical foundation for morality but that will just get debated endlessly.
The much more powerful argument is to show that religious people don't actually base their morality on scriptures. Thus entirely removing the idea that atheists have a stronger burden of clarification.

what makes tummy and pee pee feel good

I see the point you/he was making but it was communicated poorly. To say "atheists are governed by the same morality as everyone else" suggests an assumption that there is an objective standard for morality independent of humankind, the assumed consensus on which is nonexistant

how do you even justify virtue ethics without posing a telos for humans?

How can I have any binding obligation to society if there is no God?

The state, which is why they're degenerate and misguided

It's biding to other people. And because it's morally wrong