Is he the best poet of all time?

Is he the best poet of all time?

Last night I had a dream one of my professors who has never mentioned Rimbaud was in a bath with another professor of mine who I only know has translated Rimbaud and the first professor was whispering into my ear about what I should know about Rimbaud but I could barely hear him because of a loud TV and my black grandfather in the other room yelling about something on the TV and it's funny because that first professor of mine is hard of hearing and I myself have never read Rimbaud outside of holy-shit-i'm-just-remembering one poem where he talks about a fat girl getting out of a bath or something.

Not the best of all time (that's probably the Bard), but a notable inclusion in an already stacked history of great French poets

nice

top 3 alongside baudelaire and mallarmé

No, I am.

What are some decent english translations or reinterpretation

For French poets or poets in general?

french popos i meant to say

Paul Schmidt translated book is pretty solid, it has Rimbaud's letters that he sent translated as well as having a lot of bonus material, I'd start there and then just read alternative translations to your favorite poems and decide on a favorite translation. Me personally I combine my favorite words choices of Rimbaud poems and get my own custom translation.

he's not even the best Symbolist poet of all time.

>reading translated poetry
>reading English translations of poetry originally written in a romance language

What are you doing?

Make Room for Jimbo!

no just of his time

which was a decadent one

Jim Morrison is one of the most underrated poets. Especially when someone like Bukowski is celebrated for their poetry.

Best French poet named Rimbaud of his time

Nice dream chica

Certainly not in translation.

>t. pleb who can't read french

oh wait I mean

>t. English master race

He was definitely the coolest

He looks like a bottom faggot

i dunno, shes kinna hot.
kinna wish she had bigger tits tho

someone needs to replace that thumb with a cigarette, so they can develop a nice, healthy oral fixation.

That's a funny way to spell Leopardi

best coming thru

Well, I suppose if you gave her nethers a good vacuuming with a dustbuster..

dusty or titillated, she's the best

watch out for bats

God has a wicked sense of humor

GET THE FUCK OUT THE WAY

lmao

t. 20 year old white girl

bow

*BLOCKS YOUR PATH*

Check your privilege, sweety

The only reason I like his work is that he's attractive and when I read his poetry I can imagine his cute voice reciting it between pleasured gasps and moans while I ream his tight little boicunny.

I once dreamed that one of my professors showed us in a lecture pictures of him and his girlfriend at the pool and I began to draw them and he saw it, got mad and kicked me out of the course.

No, I'm the best poet of all time.

Bet you're not as good as this.

i'm a better poet than you garunateed

Let's fight dude.

They've danced till cries resounded in the hall
In an instant light... she was loved
Like an apple falling for a tree
I were three minutes free
Then The Death came like a violet March
A blue temple of lust and dust
She tried to be beautiful... but instead she was just a feast,
for socierty than only speaks, but never sees.

your first mistake was thinking i'm above circle-jerks or unwittingly pitting myself against some translation of a canon poet i don't recognize

u don't wanna fight m4t3? You are a poet who can't solve problems with words. LAME.

It's ok. Not terrible and not great. Pretty standard late teen/early 20s poetry.
It doesn't read well. Even the most postmodernist free verse has some kind of method to its madness. Yours doesn't.
"Lust and dust" is cliched. The last line is downright awful and betrays your immaturity as a writer. You should remove it altogether.
Stop relying on ellipses so much.

Not too shabby. I quite like it.

I just made it in 2 minutes. Not my real work. But thanks anyway haha.

i'm confused, were we supposed to improv? you got me there, i'm not too good at writing quite

Yeah, like free style rap LOL haha, It's okay mate. I respect you. I liked what you posted. I was joking, you know poetry is full of edgy posmodern faggots I was trying to annoy those faggots. I know they are here watching what I'm writing.