Was he the last philosopher?

Was he the last philosopher?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/hPFClJGqjBQ
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Absolutely clueless hack. So yes.

quit asking this fucking question

What do you mean by last?

Didn't you hear? Hegel completed philosophy. This hack just rode on his coattails

>All those 20th century Frenchies weren't philosophers

Well ok then

name a philospher born in the last 40-50 years

quentin meillassoux

davis m aurini

>french "philosophers"

I am still alive so obviously not

me

this but unironically

um, i wasn't being ironic

David Chalmers

>Australian philosophy

Stephan Molyneaux

david chalmers is that young?

THINK AGAIN
youtu.be/hPFClJGqjBQ

Kys

Alex Kierkegaard

Where did he get that shirt and coat?

Pyrrho was.

Wittgenstein was a tremendous shitposter:

>“Wittgenstein’s correspondence with Pattison consists almost entirely of ‘nonsense’. In nearly every letter he makes some use of the English adjective ‘bloody’, which, for some reason, he found inexhaustibly funny. He would often begin his letters ‘Dear Old Blood’ and end them ‘Yours bloodily’ or ‘Yours in bloodiness’. Pattisson would send him photographs cut out from magazines, which he called his ‘paintings’, and to which Wittgenstein would respond with exaggeratedly solemn appreciation: ‘I would have known it to be a Pattison immediately without the signature. There is that bloodiness in it which has never before been expressed by the brush.’ In reply, Wittgenstein would send ‘portraits’, photogrphs of distinguished looking middle-aged men, ripped out of newspaper advertisements for self-improvement courses. ‘My latest photo’, he announced, enclosing one such picture. ‘The previous one expressed fatherly kindness only; this one expresses triumph’.”

>"Throughout the correspondence there is a gentle ridicule of the language of the advertiser, the absurdity of the style being invoked simply by using it as though it were the normal way for two friends to write to each other. Sending Wittgenstein a (genuine) photograph of himself, Pattisson writes on the back: 'On the other side is pictured one of our 47/6 suits.' 'Somehow or the other, Wittgenstein writes at the end of one letter, 'one instinctively feels that Two Steeples No. 83 Quality Sock is a real man's sock. It's a sock of taste - dressy, fashionable, comfortable.'"

Shirt is kinda generic. For affordable coat like that unironically H&M, Zara or Marks & Spencer during the colder months.

And what about hair product?

>analytic "philosophy"
lol

Probably unwashed. Looks great in black and white pictures, looks like shit in person.

You could experiment with some light mousse and wax with an even lighter hold, but it's not going to look like you intended some 20 minutes after you leave the bathroom.

>. In nearly every letter he makes some use of the English adjective ‘bloody’, which, for some reason, he found inexhaustibly funny.
he sounds like someone's annoying younger cousin

t. bertrand russell

Anglos btfo

I knew he was our guy.

Literally me.

Most people can't read German, so no because it never even truly manifested within most people's minds.
There is no last philosopher. There is no first philosopher. You're looking at a timeline when all you have to think with is your mind and body.

>nietzsche killed god
>witty killed philosophy

Do you ever wonder what it was like when he wiped? Like what kind of TP, stander, back to front, until bleeding etc. I wonder if philosophers tend to wipe a certain way. How did ancient Greeks wipe? Did they ever get dirty togas?

no, he was just the last to seriously attempt it and the first to recognize the failure inherent to the task.

now stop asking this and dont read this guy like you read nietzsche or russell but read him like the medieval mystics read eckhart or as the indian monks read the sutras: as a guide accompanying a way of life and useless out of it.

lw's so called philosophy is just what his mind needed to produce to enable him to continue living.

Nick Bostrom

good old ludwig was handsome as fuark though

God damn so many people here are retarded.

Not once did Wittgenstein ever attempt to be the final philosopher, nor would he have ever addressed himself as such. The biggest meteorite to strike metaphysics was easily Quine, no fucking question, and even he has some arguments made against his claims in the present day.

Nearly all Veeky Forums posters are LARPers. I only come here to shitpost because the supposedly on-topic ''discussion'' is more mind-numbing than that.

He was the last one who was objectively a philosopher. Any born in the 20th century are dubious to be called philosophers.

>Any born in the 20th century are dubious to be called philosophers.
haha yeah let's just throw out some poorly written false claims!

Joe Rogan

muh dmt

muh spirit molecules

name some people who are objectively philosophers born in the 20th century

computer scientist and tech nerd, NOT A philosopher

good joke answers, Veeky Forums really does have the best sense of humor

>how many times do we need to teach you this lesson old man.jpg
Tarski
Kripkie
Chomsky
List goes on

He certainly lived the philosophers‘ lifestyle, avoiding sex like the plague, dying a virgin despite many opportunities to change that.

>Chomsky
>philosopher
he's a linguist

the others are literal whos

wasn't he gay
gay people are never virgins

Last January the greatest philosopher of recent times, afaik, died: John Deely. If you did not at least read and try to understand his work, you do not have a place in philosophical discussion. This is not a joke - he was a tremendous scholar ánd a man with a clue. Go read Deely.

wrong.

Heidegger was

>he's a linguist

He's also a philosopher

>the others are literal whos

Just because you don't read doesn't mean everyone else is an illiterate mongoloid

Daniel Clement Dennett

>french
who?

>Dan Dennette
>philosopher
pick 1

i'd sex him
no homo

moldbug and land

Everybody's dead, Dave.

I come to Veeky Forums for the qt3.14

airline pilot?
architect?
short-order cook?
the man truly is a mystery
faggot

>Dennett says that he was first introduced to the notion of philosophy while attending summer camp at age 11, when a camp counselor said to him, "You know what you are, Daniel? You're a philosopher."

Spinoza was a lens-grinder tb឴h desu

bro what even are atomic fat cats?

"dude consciousness isn't real because I define consciousness as the cartesian theatre"
"determinism is compatible with free will because you avoid stuff"

I'm not quite sure what this is is but I wouldn't call it philosophy

spending your life prepping the BBC of science =/= philosophy

plumbing?
dance?
origami?
gonzo journalism?

>philosophy ≠ science
start with the greeks, dude

i think he would main [s4s] desu

Lauren Southern

one cannot be a philosopher _and_ something else

a true philosopher is only a philosopher

Kanye West

Anyone who thinks philosophy has a end point is a hack.

Varg Vikernes

Heraclitus

deep

You're wrong

Yes because he killed Philosophy.

No, we have this genius today

Steven Bonnell II