>paying for a book the author released for free
>even paying for a book the author didn't release for free

What are the first two like?

i have a library card, mate
so no

His best works imo

I plan to get into this series as soon as i'm done with Malazan
which isn't gonna be for a LONG fuckin while

Is Malazan any good? Haven't gotten around to it.

it's really, REALLY good if you really like subtle immersion, lots of characters, twists, turns, subplots, etc.
but i can't say that you won't hate it if you like traditional fast-paced page-turners
i can't even say "give the first book a try and see if you like it", because the first book is actually just a 700 page prologue. like, all the events in book one happen "before the theme-song plays", if you will
i mean i want to recommend it, but it's 10 books, most ~1000'ish pages, soooooooo enter at your own risk i guess

Link?

get ready for the first half of every book being a slow build up for an amazing finale in the last half

tor.com/series/oathbringer/

>but it's 10 books, most ~1000'ish pages
That's what The Stormlight Archive will be.

well in that case, i'm definitely not starting it til finishing Mala, and maybe not even until it's complete lol

>not reading comfy sanderson over thanksgiving break

>Implying I'll be able to finish this in one day

>Reading Sanderson garbage
He's a decent teacher but his actual writing is fucking horrible. It's like reading a middle schooler. Kill yourself.

What is acceptable reading around here?

The Bible.

>tfw Sanderson writes for middle schoolers
>tfw full-grown adult males praise his work

The 西方佳能

Really? I read WoK and WoR before I ever went back and read Mistborn and all i
I could think the entire time was how much harder Mistborn was to stomach because his writing had improved significantly in the Stormlight Archive.

>reading books by a Mormon

Ya its my audible credit, love the series

Better read a book by a Mormon, than a book by a Jew.

Please keep to your containment thread.

modern jews are atheists or talmudics and should be avoided. yes

>reading fantasy with multiple idiotic cults in it
>avoiding books because of authors faith

Are you, niggers, fifteen?

i'm still angry that i got memed into reading sanderson. his writing is fucking atrocious. fantasy nerds have no eye for quality.

>he can't read 1000+ pages in one day

I visit family on Thanksgiving.

Not to mention the prose in the first book is laughably bad and repetitive, while the characters are flat as plywood.

Does Malazan have lots of sex and rape and GoT audience pandering? I don't mind autistic political drama, but I can't stand that grimdark trash.

Fucking hyped as fuck its soon out, sweet god i have been waiting so fucking long for this, holy shit.

I like that he's starting to write better characters. I also really dig the whole Cosmere shit and hunting for clues as to the nature of the greater world is a big part of the fun.
To me Sanderson is like a comfy TV show - I'm not reading it to learn new things or improve myself. I'm just relaxing and taking it easy on a cold Saturday night.

I wonder if i can buy it now since its the 14th where i live...

>Malazan
Is it High Fantasy?

So happy it's almost here. Though, I don't like how it will focus on Dalanar. He's boring as hell.

Rly? Tho i used to think Shalan or w/e her name is was the most boring person, untill i read all the pre-released chapters, she is cool now.

>want to read Stormlight Archive and Malazan
>can't justify reading fantasy when I've got more serious stuff to get through
>mfw

>KIndle UK and India have released it already

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK WHOS DICK I GOTTA SUCK TO GET

>kaladin gently peeled back the hem of her safe-arm sleeve
>"h-hazukashii"

seriously

>whiny cuck protagonist
>mary sue stronk womyn character
>engineers are exclusively women because muh sexes are all the same guys
>weeaboo-tier *teleports behind u* action sequences
>autistic mmorpg naming and detailing of all possible class and talent specializations
>bratty middle-school drama and """banter"""

No thanks.

I bet you don't like reading.

*tips fedora*

>>tfw full-grown adult males praise his work

That's because the majority of urban male soyboys are still middle schoolers in mindset.

>[sips mountain dew]
>bro what class are you gonna roll this time?

oh ok

Probs gonna roll a dustbringer

yes his prose does leave a lot to be desired early on but once you get into the flow of it it's very rewarding. his writing doesn't really take off until book 3
no, unlike GRRM, Erikson is a normal well-adjusted adult male, not a fat sloppy sexually repressed autistic erectile-dysfunctional tub of lard
yes, the highest of fantasy

Have any of you read all of the Cosmere books so far? Where should one start?

It's on his website.

brandonsanderson.com/books/where-do-i-start/

Considering how autistically detailed his magic systems are, I don't really see how anyone can or should be surprised with everything comes in class or subclasses or categories.

That's what humans do. They sort things into related classes of information. It's fucking impulsive to us.

jesus christ htis is awful
*deletes book*

its out lads

It was supposed to be delivered today, but I haven't gotten a confirmation yet.

I'm scared.

Can anyone post the art inside? I'm listening to the audiobook. Spoiler the spoilers?