Why did he shoot 4 more times?

Why did he shoot 4 more times?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/SdbLqOXmJ04
google.com.au/amp/s/psmag.com/.amp/news/texas-church-shooting-will-perpetuate-good-guy-with-gun-narrative
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1. Callous disregard.
2. There were only four bullets

Absurdism
He gave the bullets meaning

For luck.

Hello, butterfly.

Put a spoiler alert you fucking asshole

because of the heat

Finally. I fucking missed seeing this thread on Veeky Forums

Once you make the decision to fire you should continue until you know the threat is stopped. 4 shots happen very quickly, and the heat of the moment, etc.

Look, it was a really hot day ok?

Hullo.

It's okay. The best part is after.

You dont know why he shot in the first place, who he shot, what happened before it and what came after. So please, shut the fuck up : D

It was way too fuckin hot maaaaan

read Lacan

This. He was just stopping the threat.

Because he could.

no the question is, why did he go full autist in the end? he had showed no emotion before so i don't get it. camus is a hack

>heat of the moment
lol

Why didn't he just say he was threatened? He could have gone free due to self defense. It's not like Arabs were sacred cows at that time and place, they would have sided with Stranger. This book is stupid.

precisely because he shot him four times obviously intending to kill, as opposed to just neutralizing the threat. also, his lawyer was incompetent, iirc

No, he wasn't. Meursault specifically declares that the only reason for murdering the arab and shooting his corpse four more times was the displeasure he was getting from the heat and the sunlight.

Yes, it's absurd, but that's the whole point: the protagonist is supposed to be a stranger to the world he lives in, and to the society in which he is integrated as well.

I just realized this cover is meant to be the sun

STOPPING THE THREAT IS THE ONLY THING THAT MATTERS, user.

Do you have any clue as to what you're talking about? I was a Police Officer for 8 YEARS, I've shot DOZENS of people. You don't have time to second guess yourself. He shot 4 times because it was the proper thing to do.

The number 5 is a characteristic of the man. First, according to the Cabal, it is the number of the perfect Man (got rid from his animal side). According to the Bible, it is the symbol of the Man-God by the five wounds of the Christ on cross (for this reason, it is also considered as the number of the grace). But it is also associated to the man in general (2 + 3) having an unstable character of duality, 2, in spite of his divinity, 3. The 5 is also found on the human body: the five fingers of the hand and feet, the five senses (touch, taste, sense of smell, hearing and the sight), the five members (two arms, two legs and the head, the bust being the center), the five bones forming the metacarpus, the metatarse and the brain-pan, etc.

not even country is America and has its laws

He was racist

he was alt right

the entire point of the narrative is that he could have gotten off if he had just given a shit. You have correctly understood the situation, i.e. even though he killed a man he could have gotten off, but you misunderstood the meaning. Why do you think Camus decided to write that kind of situation? Because he was too stupid to write a more believable plot?

Meursault is being tried for his character, not for his actions. Camus is pointing out the absurdity of the fact that Meursault gets the death penalty not for killing a man, but because he was unable to connive his way out of it.

Kek, I'm not American, you silly Yuropoor.

Xenophobia

delirium

whoa, this is all actually correct.

He shot him to demonstrate his masculinity to his deceased mother, who he had a narcissistic connection to stemming from his absent father.

He's a crazy motherfucker

my thoughts:

1) does he need a reason to, or do you just need a reason for him to act? Perhaps, the ugly answer, is that sometimes, things happen. Sometimes we do things. Sometimes we make choices we cannot understand.

2) why should he not have shot four times? What are those four bullets weighed against? His dead mother, the priest, the woman he does not love?

Cops don't shoot "dozens of people" over an eight-year career unless you live in a fucking Brazilian favela
This is also a book, not a training video about proper self-defense, so please tone down your angry autism

Because he's saving the sixth bullet for himself.

t. Mark Wahlberg

I know he could have removed 4 more kebab.

>muh spoilers

didn't catch that.

>le going to be execute
>le kek i don't even care dood

I do live in Brazil. I'm an off duty policeman.

kek

it's always sunny in algeria

>Anything mattering
It's like you haven't even read the book

>but because he was unable to connive his way out of it.
Wasn't Mersault just not interested in getting out of it? I don't recall there being something objecting his path to freedom, unless you count his disposition towards life an obstacle.

>Not american
>Yuropoor
Are you sure you're not just hallucinating from the lack of food in whatever shit hole african country you live in?

>Le scholars of Joyce
>Lovers of Rimbaud
>Leeching Ezra's dick
>true philosophers
>lolololol sun hot kill Arab that's what The stranger is kekekek

Can't even interpret fucking Camus.
I'm convinced the majority of this board memes high-brow lit but doesn't actually read shit.

It was hot man what else are you gonna do

>I'm convinced the majority of this board memes high-brow lit but doesn't actually read shit.
>Veeky Forums
>reading books
Whoa, really?

But why did he shoot 4 more times?

this

youtu.be/SdbLqOXmJ04

google.com.au/amp/s/psmag.com/.amp/news/texas-church-shooting-will-perpetuate-good-guy-with-gun-narrative

To remove kebab

>Only one arab remained. Two, if counted the Sun

What did the mean by this?

he was pretty fine with being imprisoned but didn't enjoy the prospect of being executed.

>Can't even interpret fucking memes
wew new fag

Because he wanted to knock on the door of unhappiness.

This.
He was basically found guilty because he didnt cry at his mother's funeral

Damn son

yeah, after I posted I wondered if I should have written "unwilling" and not "unable," but I think the distinction is intentionally fuzzy in the context of the book. As you put it, it depends on whether you count his disposition as unwillingness or inability.

he could still see his soul dancing