Russian literature

Does this make sense to you? It makes sense to me...

?

Absolutely not. Dostoivski would be first girl, autistic, hurt and defenceless, Tolstoy would be last one, life affirming, content, full of levity, Pushkin would be the glasses + braces, she'll try to pull a She's all That and get killed, just like Pushkin did, never read Lermontov.

Pretty sure it’s based solely on appearance.

But how? None of these girls look like the authors or their characters.

>no Turgenev

I thought that at first, but rechecking, they actually are fairly accurate.

>None of these girls look like the authors or their characters
OP here, in the first instance, I picked a character out of Lermontov's A Hero of Our Time, the main protagonist's almost lover a Tartar princess. In the fourth instance (bottom right) I picked a beauty as Dosto would have described in one of his novels

>Pushkin would be the glasses + braces
what about the girl playing chess who died

Who would she be?

More of Dostoevsky girl?

ok just one but don't save her please

Are you a dog? (White girls fuck dogs)

is lermontov any good? by any good, i mean worth reading? where to start

Why, is she your gf?

>The first major Russian novel, A Hero of Our Time was both lauded and reviled upon publication. Its hero, twenty-five-year-old Pechorin, is a beautiful and magnetic but nihilistic young army officer, bored by life and indifferent to his many sexual conquests. Chronicling his unforgettable adventures in the Caucasus involving brigands, smugglers, soldiers, rivals, and lovers, this classic tale of alienation influenced Tolstoy, Dostoyevsky, and Chekhov, and holds up a mirror not only to Lermontov's time but also to our own.

For me it was 10/10 but I dig this shit so

no but she's my friend
one of them is my bby

Thanks, saved.

this is Lermontov girl? whats her name?

yeah, she's not a famous person

>tfw no tartary princess who gets killed by a bandit as you take her to the hospital and she dies lying by your side

Hook me up with a higher quality version of the original Dostoevsky girl, OP. Without the writing

does she have an ig or something?

yes technically but there are like 6 photos there
she deletes everything, I promise

rate the poem she just posted instead

How do you know so many incredibly attractive young women? I know like one 8/10 girl and fifty 4/10 girls.

>I know like one 8/10 girl
I refuse to believe that
Do you live away from a city?

who is this pushkin girl semen demon

a chess player who unfortunately is already dead

>higher quality
that's just isolated and enlarged

I can't put into words what even these random pictures of beautiful girls do to me
Is this what Romantic sensibility feels like
Fucking Keats

sorry mate the uncropped vsn is googleable

I'm glad you're appreciating them too

bump

hnnng

saved

>At the door of the drawing-room Myshkin suddenly stopped, and with extraordinary emotion whispered hurriedly: 'Everything is perfection in you . . . even your being thin and pale. . . . One would not like to imagine you different. . . . I had such a longing to come to you. . . . I . . . forgive me!'

>'Don't ask forgiveness,' laughed Nastasya Fililippovna; 'that would destroy all the strangeness and originality. It's true what they say that you are a strange man. So you look upon me as perfection, do you?'

>'Yes.'

>'Though you are first-rate at guessing, you are mistaken. I'll remind you of that to-day. . . .'

Russian doesn't fare well in google translate

pure

this board has gone down the absolute gutter

it was always shit you absolute faggot

>Pushkin
>white
Lolwut

not enough freckles in this pic desu

I used to think Dostoyevsky was really a great genius and the greatest writer ever.

I still think he is a genius and his entire work is monumental. But, as a writer, I think he falls short of the greatests. His prose is dry and very simple, you won't find an image, a comparison, a metaphor, nothing, just pure narration. I'm not saying it's bad, but take any page from any of Victor Hugo's romances (Les Misèrables for instance) and compare it to any page from The Brothers Karamazov. There's a huge gap between the two in relation to their prose.

That's why I think of Dostoyevsky mainly as a philosophical writer rather than a romancist. He's much more concerned with the dialogues, characters and the philosophical implications of his works than with the story. Meanwhile, in Victor Hugo, we see the perfect harmony between a beautiful prose, philosophy and story.

Gib Pushkin gf

I bet you haven't even read these authors, the woman question and the male ego are pretty much THE central issues in Lermontov, Pushkin and Dostoevsky

that's a classic

Why am I most attracted to the one with braces? Who am I?

The future senator of Alabama.

I kind of want him to win just to screw over those establishment Republicans. Although I really don't prescribe to that Bannon way of thinking. Frankly, I'm confused with where I stand with politics.

because she's the best one

>MUHHH PROOOSE
Veeky Forums destroys people's brains

I have read all of those authors and the board is shit anyway.

He is excellent but he has only one novel (Hero of Our Time) and some poetry.

>Pushkin
>not a negress
2/10

I have never kissed a girl.

No suprise. Veeky Forums is /r9k/ with books

Holy shit, that's the most perfect being I've ever seen, truly a marvellous sculpture created meticulously by God Himself. Nothing I've encountered before could even compare to that, is this the vision of an angel? Its beauty must be certainly celestial.

Could post one more pic of her?

Fuck you.

>drunk it drunk
Mnogo smeha

I only read some of Tolstoy... is it because he goes autistic with battle formations and marches?

don't say I never did nothin' for you

it is the purging of contemporary origial sin ie. whitness from the character of "just kidding" rowling. so yes, it does make sense to me.

Looks like Dosto is gonna be getting the D
best author is also best girl nice

OP is killin it

it's because he's considered the best by a number of other writers; Dostoevsky, Proust, Flaubert, Chekhov, Woolf, Mann, Arthur Conan Doyle

>best author is also best girl
How can one man have so much shit taste?

The ugly one is probably the only smart one

who care about girl being smart. I just want a dumb qt that I can cuddle every night

Literally none of them are ugly.

Choose your hair

>tfw no russian gf

Choose your hair

>ukrainian

i think the reason many us russians cannot make hilarious funny joek is that many us russians do not have charts such as in the iraq so americans need to do more to help the iraq and such as in the in order to know the order such as in the chart where the greeks come before the nietzche

What do you think of the neonazis that are emerging in Russia recently? How spread is it amongst the population?

Sorry for the off topic question, I just wanted to know the opinion of a genuine russian that is living through all that.

I don't think he's Russian

gotcha

Fucking slayed me. Good one.

WHY?! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO WITH THESE JEZEBELS? My one single wish is to be left to my own asexual devices, free from the thorned grip of perverse tempation, unclouded or swayed in my noble search for intellectual playthings of the mind, yet by your hand I am endlessly titillated by these vixens with their prodigious hips and provocative figures. Can I never satiate this thirst, will I ever know the touch of a woman and enter between her loins? Will these hands ever feel a woman's swaying weight in their open palms? Will I ever know a plump, ruby pair of lips perched betwixt my shoulder and my ear, whispering "I want you, I want you now" in that chocolatey croon I know so well from dreamtime? Will my seed ever drip from her moistened hole, indicating the completed unity of our unhinged sexual impulses?

Life is a constant hell. A miasma of misery. Day in and out the tired red eyes glaze in some attempt to shield me from these images. I am floating in the blistering heat of my id's vacuum, castrated and blinded by my wretched libido. No wonder I resent women so.

>cleavage showing
baka

what's the popular opinion on Dead Souls by Nikolai Gogol?

who do ruse dress like poorfags from the 90s?

>neonazis that are emerging in Russia recently?
>neonazis
You mean nationalists you fucking moron?

please a link or name to social media or something I NEED SOMETHING

yeah asexuality seems cool

this is wrong, read the idiot and know how wrong you are

>What's going on in this threa-
Oh

>hairy arms