I keep buying books that I never read

>I keep buying books that I never read
>Anyone else has this problem?

I used to have a system of only buying a book when i was finished one but that quickly fell appart when i would by 2 books for everyone i finished and then would make impulse buys as well. Now i have quite a bit and no time for them all.

My local bookstore sells damaged books. 4 for 10€, 1 for 3€.
It's a horrible addiction but I got a lot of nice books out of it.

I own lots of books I haven’t read yet I still tear through library books like it’s closing down.

I really hate book-hoarders. Do you not have public libraries in your country?

Faglet. Seeing which books you bought, you could speed read that in a month or two.

You would feel less like a faggot and finally restart a normal reading habit: one book bought/read per week.

Brainlet

who are you quoting?

I'll buy whatever the used store has at the time, because you never know when it will be in stock again. I'll read them eventually though.
I'd suggest buying in smaller quantities 4 U.

Can I get the pasta where the guy compulsively buys a copy of infinite jest everyday but has never read it

yeah but they are shit, with YA shit and the like.

dont buy anything until youve read most of these

i buy books because i collect them, i have a first edition of Animal Farm for example that i don't let anyone touch.

I buy my books on my Kobo, that way I can read wherever I want, even on my phone. Hoarding digital books is not a problem, and it doesn't clog up my room.

>buy my books on my Kobo

my problem is researching/finding books that i don't read. anyone else obsessed with the hunt?

Sort of
I keep a Talebian anti-libary as well

>campbell
he's shit anyway

at least read hero with a thousand faces you fucking pseud

>one book bought/read per week.
Sound advice

>I keep a Talebian anti-libary as well
wut?

>not knowing how to use the quote

i think thats a bigger problem

yeah, I only buy used books though so it's not that expensive. the stacks of unread books do sometimes makes me feel like a poseur eventhough noone but me knows about them

post pic pls

I bought used books for like 100$ this summer (I picked up reading again this spring). Now I'm through about 1/4 of the books I bought, I've told myself that I should finish these or at least 3/4 of them before I buy anything else

Stack of books you bought and never read thread?

I want to buy more
I will buy more

>he thinks it is cute and funny to give publishers money to continue re-printing long-dead author's intellectual property forever and ever and ever

I made a typo but I think you'll understand

Just go to the library and buy the things that you really like and could reread.

>I keep using greentext
>Anyone else has this problem?

you are A. not funny B. an idiot

I get anxious if my book collection is more than 2/3rds read. I want the feeling of being able to read something fresh from a selection of books on a whim.

seething

>ronson
hahahhahhhahaha

seconding this

I buy books so I will have a nice big bookshelf. It’s the only thing I collect or really buy besides essentials

that dude is seriously fucking weird. saw him on jre

neat user.

used to buy lots. of all the books I have, I read 1/3 of it, given, I buy them all used, and the books I read and didn't want to keep I traded for more used books but still...but I am sure I will read every single one of them though, 0 regrets on the buys.

but this pretty much, stop browsing websites that sell books/going to stores and focus on reading. I used to browse a website of used books every day and every day I'd find something I'd want to buy, so I stopped luirking it

thank

Why do you feel the need to read through the books in their entirety? I would just pick a random book from my shelf when I'm bored and explore it. It's pretty comfy to me. No need to be stressed out.

If you're reading a book a week then you're either reading very shallow books or you're not getting as much juice out of the books you're reading as you could be.

>Fahrenheit 451
>A Brief History of Time

>The fuckin Power of Now

P S E U D
S
E
U
D

Well, we do but they are really shitty and never have the books that Im interested in.
Shit I need to fucking import from a fancy book store to get some Kerouac stuff since all his translations are terrible and the English session usually only includes YA and Stephen King

I don't know if I'm much of a hoarders... I always poem books and short stories or complete works of A, B or C and read just bits of it eventually when I feel like it

Bradbury is good shit go back you your fuckin yoda hole.

I usually only buy one book at a time

>Hasn't even read the Jon Ronson books, which literally take several days to finish if you're a poor reader.

Yeah, when I see a cheap edition with a good translation that I like I just have the compulsion to get it. Also for this Christmas I'm going to ask for a coupon for my usual bookstore since I don't know what to ask for anyway.

A good excuse to tell yourself and others is that you have always several options of interesting books with varying styles once you finished what you just read. I enjoy looking around my unread books and see what peaks my interest at that particular moment or picking a book or two to take with me on vacation. Also its always good being prepared for a blackout.

Books are what we would call a Kulturgut, a cultural asset of sorts. Can't have too many of those lying around in my opinion.

why would you buy them if you're not going to use them? even whores get freaked out when you do that, why are you doing it to books?

It would take me about twenty years to read through my current backlog.

yes but i wouldnt consider it a 'problem'. if you shop at thrift stores in that free-to-two-dollar range you're going to come back with books you had no intention of reading, so you're not going to read them right away, or maybe ever. eventually you'll read some of them. read gilgamesh and the names last week, wouldnt have had i not bought them three and six months ago. i think eco said a personal library should have a ratio of no more than 1-10 read-unread.

based absorbed senpai

Halp pls
I keep going to secondhand bookshops
It doesn't stop
Keeps growing

Lmao

haha nice image that is specifically engineered to collect Reddit upboats, thanks for the psychologically-manipulated laughs :D

just buy an e-reader

collecting physical books costs too much and takes up way too much space unless you have room for a personal library

I'll read a book in a day sometimes if I have nothing going on.

I wouldn't read any of that garbage either, user. Get some taste.

I don't retract my previous statement.

yes but i shoplift them

Honestly, what the fuck's wrong with eating alone?

ironically

What's wrong with finishing a book in a week? Some people have a lot of time on their hands.

this should really be a General desu. Then people could discuss and recommend what you should read next, based on your tastes or even your current place in life and shit

I only bought it cause it was 1$

Not to sound like an ass but I have two from estate sales. One with dust jacket, one without that is all scribbled on inside the cover.

Yeah dude I have like 6 stacks around the house of unread books, and about 10 more on their way in the mail.