Any good reads on the benefits of Islam besides Soumission?

Any good reads on the benefits of Islam besides Soumission?

Particially interested in a sort of pragmatist appreciation of the Islamic societal system without necessarily getting into its truth claims as a religion.

lads?

>mfw most people on this board haven't read this book so they assume that this is a shitpost.

Why don't you just read Islamic scholars then?

It was a suprisingly comfy read desu

Ibn Battuta my boy

samefag here, sorry to doublepost
Dawud al-Zahiri is a good introduction for you because his work stands as an expression that Islamic society """""works better than others""""" precisely because it is the truest religion. He still has appreciations of it but for him it is 100% grounded in the "truth" of the Koran. Given his influence it will also be tough to escape that sort of basis from later scholars until probably the early 20th century but I don't know much about them so I won't be helpful there

Hagarism
Moon-O-Theism

I started reading Huysman because of soumission, I recommend it.

Against Nature good for first Huysman?

One major benefit of Islam is that it provided ample fodder for Vlad the Impaler. So I guess that my recommendation would be Bram Stoker's Dracula for an appreciation of Islam.

>benefits of Islam
Thanks for the laugh.

considering how the muslim world publishes fewer books than greece i doubt it.

Just read islmaic writings and distinguish between the religious parts (ostensibly the entire thing) and the parts pertaining to societal systems. To read some western author who ignores the religion and praises the society is to ignore the defining characteristic of the society and to probably develop a false view of it which will lead to an admiration not based on reality. The hadith lays out the rules for islamic life and the societies have been built on that. Tiny details, such as how to bathe, are given in the hadith which should tell you how all encompasing the religion is. Moreover, im sure you can read some moor who has a secular view of islam and im sure its sonewhat interesting but the hadith are given to be totally true and infallible and whats more they are designed to be readable by anyone so why go to some secondary source when there exists a primary source which cannot be beaten?

Not familiar with with the exact kind of material that you're looking for, since those books are just local publications, but one aspect that's familiar and widely researched is Islamic finance. Two main principles are reducing interests, and making things as transparent as possible.
I tried to buy gold for investment in a kuwaiti bank in malaysia, but they only offer actual physical bars - that the bank stores for you or keep it for yourself. Pretty hard for someone who moves a lot, but it's commendable that I can actually see what I'm getting rather than just being a number recorded on a jew's paper.
I recommend The Art of Islamic Banking and Finance (2010).

The specific name of the book escapes me because it's been years, but there's a lot of interesting stuff to read on Spain's Taifa period. A key element you'd probably be interested in is the difference between government in Christian and Islamic kingdoms at the time, given that Muhammad had written on how non-muslims are to be treated under Muslim rule, but Christianity hadn't codified anything like that

Take the halal-pill, my brother

Ya habibi
where's the sufism books

"Jihad"
Washing.
Keeping women in their place.

t. feminist harpy

Which translations do you recommend for the Quran and Hadith?

Start with Against Nature, then read the superior La Bas, and then finish the rest of the Durtal series.

Feminists love islam though.

Islam is a virus, a plague. Their cult needs nothing but extermination.

Feminists just want to upset Western patriarchy daddy, they don’t actually like sharia.