Nick land (reader) thread!

Nick land (reader) thread!

Anybody got some mirrors to this?

The nya.is links are dead at this time

Other urls found in this thread:

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_iPZgGgaFvSYTdpZk1SemtGMlE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Fanged Noumena is all you need

Land is a gateway to Moldbug, which is a gateway to HBD and race realism, which is a gateway to fascism. Don't be a fascist user, be a cool liberal

drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B_iPZgGgaFvSYTdpZk1SemtGMlE

Reader isn't that good IMO. Missing key essays.

i cant believe people unironically take these LARPers seriously

dark enlightenment all right

saw someone call urbanomic a fascist publisher for printing fanged noumena

CYBERPUNK

bump

nigger tier post man. have some self respect

Tell me your favorite Land writing Veeky Forums, and why.

CYBERBUMP

*alt

me too fellow chapo comrade. they're diaper piss babies. can't wait to sexually assault some women and larp as a 19th century steelworker.

check out dril, he's hilarious.

Race realism is Scientism and Scientism is Modernity.

yuval noah harari is less gay than nick land

Isn't it a complete joke that Land gets lumped in with the alt right? He's nothing like them, he's not a traditionalist at all. Accelerationists are, by their nature, progressive.

b-but he must hate darkies too!

Nick Land is nothing more than a disheartened Marxist with a speed addiction and an unhealthy interest in early 90s rave culture.

>progressive
To the point of self destruction, yes. They're cyberprimitivists at heart.

>Isn't it a complete joke that Land gets lumped in with the alt right?
nah he's a fascist shit stain that should be gulaged

From what I've heard it seems like he's not too far off Evola's whole "ride the tiger/men amongst the ruins" ideas, differing in that Evola accepts the world's ruin for humanity to rise like a Phoenix, cleansed of degeneracy, but Land accepts AI and the system eradicating humans. But all my Land knowledge is from Veeky Forums posts so I might be very wrong.

Yes, less tiger-riding, more "summoning tiger-human hybrids from the future to devour humanity."

To get to the AI eradicating humanity part you have to "Ride the Tiger" now. Give yourself to the world.

Haha, human history lead up to this joke. Internet culture, technology, popularization of Land, capitalism, post humanism...all within this joke.

Fantastic, it gave me spiritual lift. I soar before the black sun, brother.

NATURE'S GOD
Nature is God? Or nature is of god?

>Nature is God? Or nature is of god?
It doesn't matter, it's GNON either way.

Gnon, not GNON

It is already difficult to decide what is a species and what is not, it becomes even more difficult once we go to socially constructed 'things' i.e. when some thinker is this-and-that.
The left and right seem to have a basis in personality traits and a few other traits, but other than that there's no clear boundaries I think. It is historic.

Land's anti-egalitarianism seems rightwing, but clearly he is not conservative or traditionalist; it is not even reactionary, only partly. His flirt with HBD is more right as left; as many on the left belief in the blank slate or almost do. Land's personality, which seems obviously - to me - as high in openness, very high even, and this is more particular of the left.

There was a political psychology book suggesting that self-interest is more important as the personality traits, and it suggested that mating strategies end up in politics. People who pursue long-term mating strategies go for policies that penalise short-term mating or promiscuity. While those who pursue the short-term mating support policies which make that easier; like abortion.

I read Chasm recently and it was pure shit. Is fiction just not Land's thing? Should I read something else?

The mating policies view is interesting, but I take it further. Politics is essentially about imagination and power. Foucaultian power-knowledge.

Those in power, different groups in power, are able to adjust the imagination of their constituency. The narrative is historical and adjustable, simultaneously.

People will follow the political party that gives their imagination-narrative power. This is why working class white Christians follow the corporatist republicans where ethnic groups follow democrats. Generally speaking. Which is also why women are usually liberal, it gives their feminist narrative power, while possibly actually jeopardizing their power when socially conservative ethics immigrating vote for greater government while enforcing socially conservative values.

Mexican immigrants are an example. Their narrative is for ethnic power along the lines of big government Democrats, but I have never met a more openly sexist socially conservative group as the Mexican immigrants. Generally, they are borderline openly sexual assaultant.

Power is the ability to adjust the imagino-narritve.

I'm heavy on the biological perspective, hope you don't mind.

I think power is certainly a facet of self-interest. Whatever it is in the form of status - or - power to engage in self-interested behaviour. For the latter just ask Hollywood.

The role of imagination is an interesting idea/concept/hypothesis/whatever. There have been attempts to view religion from a biological perspective but I have yet to view a synthesis of imagination with political psychology.

I've seen a few studies weighting in on imagination, but it concerns individuals.

I mention a lot of studies but I don't want to come across as a stemlord. Sometimes I find philosophy more practical and other times scientific articles. I think art and folk science is also useful.

Saying Nick Land isn't right wing is autistic. He's fiercely pro-market and is additionally pro-religion, pro-nuclear family, and anti-immigration. Above all, he's the most consistently Darwinian philosopher ever.

>Above all, he's the most consistently Darwinian philosopher ever.

Yes, but he's Darwinian in an especially inclusive way through his advocacy of the patchwork. Let a thousand nations bloom!

>pro-religion
he's talking shit about Christianity all the time, his only 'god' is Gnon

>pro-nuclear family
(citation needed)

>anti-immigration
he emigrated to China, I don't think he gives a hoot about what goes on in the West

Elaborate the Darwinian philosophy part.
Nature doesn't give a f u c k about values, about belief, about ideology; just whatever sticks, sticks.

OP, don’t worry about this “Land is ‘x’” bullshit. Most anons haven’t read more his twitter feed, which is schizophrenic and bates the moronic left. If you want to know what he’s about then read him.

Start with Meltdown, Cyberpositive, Making it With Death, 2nd chapter of Thirst for Annihilation, Teleoplexy. Then move onto Dark Enlightenment and the Bitcoin and Accelerationism seminars. For the deep catalogue look at Nietzsche’s Will to Power notes books 1 and 4, Marx and D&G’s Anti-Oedipus.

DESU a lot of the other writers Urbanomic/Sequence publishes are more interesting than Nick Land. I got a lot more out of reading the latest volume of Collapse than I did out of Fanged Noumena.

Nice! Thanks a lot

t. someone who doesn't understand land

Don[t be a fascist Morty science is only allowed when it's talking about wibly wobbly stuff *adjusts bowtie*

Considering getting myself labeled a fascist to fit into the fun club

So... Sartre 30 yrs later?