Anyone have a chart for Nietzsche?

Anyone have a chart for Nietzsche?

Greeks->Schop->Chronolgical

How confused will I be if I jump straight into Zarathustra

You wouldn't get the point.

Not as much oddly, but you will be lost for other reasons, that book is overrated and is best read after BGE atleast, Gay Science is a similar book of aphorisms that is actually better. Sounds like you're falling for the Nietzsche meme if you want to read Zarathustra, there are some good passages. Try and get Kaufman translation don't fall for the pretty cover versions

The Portable Nietzsche, and Modern Library's Basic Writings are all you really need.
Read the former up until Zarathustra, read the Genealogy and BG&E in the latter collection afterwards, then continue reading the Portable Nietzsche to the end, and do the same with Basic Works until you've read through both in their entirety

read a biography first (preferably Safranski or Young)

You will either not understand it or think it is much more simple and banal than it actually is. At least read the core of his works before it (Birth, Untimely, Human, Dawn, Gay Science, Beyond, Genealogy, Twilight)

I think pic related is accurate.

If you're not sure then you'll be missing something in it.

Who?

I did this and didn't understand a fuck what was going on. Started with the Greeks afterwards

frederico nítchi

I agree, I'm on part 4 of Thus Spoke, and Genealogy and BGE are better. It feels long winded and redundant. If I have it in me to read another Nietzsche work The Gay Science will be next.

Stop reading Nietzsche.

No

wut

>tfw Hegel is a requisite for understanding every philosopher after him
>tfw too much of a brainlet and too lazy to read Hegel

Shut up niggah

>which Hegel I should read then faggot?

Begin by reading Aristotle - Nicomachean Ethics and Politics if nothing else. Don't be too proud to resort to secondary sources on Aristotle (I suggest Husserl - but if you're new to Classical philosophy, pick up a general introductory book on Aristotlean thought).

I would also suggest purchasing the History of Political Philosophy by Leo Strauss and Joseph Cropsey.

The aforementioned text is essential reading IMO for any student of political theory. The merits of Strauss can be debated/discussed elsewhere - even if the rest of his oeuvre can be unceremoniously disregarded, this book remains invaluable.

Read Beyond Good and Evil - the Hollingdale translation. Avoid Kaufmann's translations entirely, he's a Jewish liberal academic in the vein of Allan Bloom. Also read The Antichrist. Anthony Ludovici's translation is the best.

It is also worth reading Schopenhauer after reviewing Aristotle - particularly, The World as Will and Representation for purposes of linear context.

Why do you dismiss Allan Bloom? serious unironic question