>Cane sugar is bad for you
>Government doesn't ban it

Why?

Attached: sugar.jpg (620x465, 50K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/IC9w-8184Ks
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

(You)

Government rarely bans something it can regulate and tax the shit out of no matter how bad

It rarely legalizes that which it cannot

Attached: 1519631147601.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Money and extremity. While sugar is more pervasive in it's addiction it's destructive nature is more subtle than meth or heroine.

>oxygen is bad for you
>government doesnt ban it

sugar has nutritional value (thus food)
drugs don't.
next quesiton?

>being a faggot is bad for you
>OP is allowed

>heh...i showed them ....
gb2 pol kiddo

Where is that britbong nanny state shill when you need him

>Guns are bad for you
>Government bans them
>now only the government has guns
>Government doesn't ban itself from guns

the perfect plan

Enter the britbong.

Attached: BING BONG.jpg (768x1024, 107K)

You can't even fucking read. It's a ban on underage sales of caffeine (aka a drug) not sugar. It's also stores changing their polices, not an actual law.

Here

because it is politically inconvenient
The government will ban or tax everything they can unless they think it will prevent them holding onto power

>children can't drink soda anymore

wtf I love bongland now

Drugs don't have enough of a powerful industry behind them.

Sugar, on the other hand, has an industry that has been lying to the government for at least 100 years.

>drop soda prices by subsidizing corn
>raise soda prices through taxes
Bra-fucking-vo

We actually pay for those subsidies. If it was merely a wash, the huge corporations wouldn't pumping the shit out like water. It's a bad deal for everybody not rich enough to hold shares in those companies. This doesn't even account for the assrape from the healthcare costs side. It was always just a nasty moneygrab robbing the middle class.

Because it's retarded to treat your subjects like children.
Did you know that in Google offices, while many offices offer free food, they had to hide the candy in black boxes so that they aren't immediately visible and tempting?
In some offices, they have traffic-light signs next to food. Obviously, greens are your vegetables. Yellows are pretty much everything else. And of course, anything that tastes remotely good is red.

Do you want to be treated like a child in every facet of your life?
Because a lot of people sure as fuck want to.

normal people should be allowed to eat sugar but if you are fat you should be banished to mexico

It's only a matter of time.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 94K)

Move to Washington.

It's just a fucking soda.

>sugar drinks taxed to hell in Seattle
Umm, user....

People haven't been stabbed by addicts to buy sugar

>leave a bit of sugar at your door step
>ants will eat it
>they come back looking for more
>ergo sugar is addictive
>even to ants

Attached: ben shiller.jpg (40x30, 2K)

We shouldn't be consuming sugar from any sources other than fruit.

even current day fruit is so different that it should be considered a desert and you shouldnt eat more then 2 pieces. and skip it some days.
at least if your eating like veggies and meat mainly.
if you still eat fastfood be my guest and eat as much fruit as possible if it will stop you from eating candy

OMG HELP I AM DIEING I INJECTED MYSELF WITH SUGAR I THOUGHT IT WAS HEROINE GOVERRRRRMEEENNNTTTT THIISSS IS YOUR FAULT TWWWOOOO SCOOOOOPPP!!?????

>Why?
Sugar industry.
Sugar is basically everywhere in our food.

Attached: - 1509455293327 -.jpg (640x640, 28K)

Attached: - 1509455257142 -.jpg (640x630, 79K)

Attached: - 1516400350241 -.jpg (1200x630, 60K)

Attached: - 1516475451688 -.jpg (400x277, 14K)

None of this is a problem if you're not a slob with zero self control

>actually defending the caffeinated jew

The only drug people should ever do is weed, shrooms, and LSD. And only if you're of sound mind and body. Every other drug just destroys your body and turns you into a filthy addict.

Howdy doody fresh and fruity.
Don't thread on me or my cane sugar, partner

Attached: 1511618985738.gif (300x168, 241K)

this is good, soda is one of the biggest things making people fat.

because without it you die, since your brain can only accept glucose as fuel

in the world of politics banning or regulating something only works when you can make it a us vs them issue. Tobacco and alcohol work great in that respect because as pervasive as they once were there are always a great deal of people who don't consume either so it is a politically palatable sell. It becomes a us vs them issue, and there is always a group of people who get off on telling others how to live their life.

Sugar is however different, you are literally wired to feel good consuming it, you are wired to seek it and you are wired to not stop consuming it. Why? Because in nature sugar only existed in certain forms, mainly fruit, and if you were brave enough, honey, neither of which were available 24/7, fruit would only be available during certain times of the year for a certain period of time, same thing for honey, it was an extremely limited resource, and at a time when calories were hard to come by, humans actively seek high calorie foods, which makes sugar special, it affects everyone because everyone loves it even if they dont consume it.

This makes it an issue for everyone, sugar will never be banned for that reason, that is why you see the push on soft drink sales, it is easy to demonize the soft drink industry and its consumers, they tend to be the least educated in society and also the poorest with a low level of self control and issues controlling their calorie intake, it is easy to demonize "those" people for those reasons. And that is how you get taxes on soft drinks, because if it was actually about sugar, honey would be regulated as well as fruit juices and chocolate milk which contain more sugar than a can of coke ever dreamed of having. Soft drinks are also a really profitable and well organized industry with excellent branding, so it becomes a form of taxation on the poorest of the poor and no one will ever rise up to defend Coca-Cola or Pepsi, and when they do they are seen as shills, even though it is truly disgusting form of taxation.

Bongs need mummy govgov to make decisions for then because they're too stupid from years of island incest.

Government should ban foods and drinks that aren't part of a healthy diet, but only if your weight goes above a certain amount. I know people will object that you can't know how much someone really weighs, but it doesn't have to be perfect, it's the same idea as having age based restrictions. Just like how you don't necessarily always ask obvious geriatrics to prove their age, you don't need to always ask obviously healthy or underweight people to prove their weights.
Also you could work this into IDs probably, where you need to get your ID updated if you do something like vote or get pulled over or show up for jury duty and it's found that your current weight is blatantly heavier. That way they can mark you as overweight officially until you prove in the future you've gotten back to a healthy weight.

>drugs don't have a powerful industry behind them
hahahahaha, okay buddy . Big Pharma has half this country strung out on antidepressants. Do you think you're not a junky just because you get your dont-be-sad pills from a pharmacy and not a drug dealer?

Type 2 diabetic here, I got diagnosed in december 2017, switched off fast food/sugar since and as of yesterday my A1C went from 8.2 to 5.8

Sugar isn't "Evil". Just don't abuse it and you'll be fine. Know how to manage and control your intakes, and don't over indulge.

t. Marijuana addict

that is more than idiotic it's tyrany and no one would stand for it

>you're not a slob with zero self control

That excludes 30% of the American population then

>caffeine is a drug
>sugar is not

I like the gymnastics you performed to appear right.

Sugar ? Here's one for those who want to jam a bit.
youtu.be/IC9w-8184Ks

Attached: 1518953456552.jpg (913x1024, 85K)

>DUDE WEED LMAO

>Sugar is addictive

To fucking who?
When stevia was announced I promptly switched to it and haven't looked back, And I used to drink boatloads of 100% concentrate fruit juice, and shit tons of donuts and cakes. Did I miss them and come crawling back like an addict? Fuck no. I found out Vegetables were actually good after you passed the eww yucky vegetables phase and never went back.

Sugar isn't addictive in the slightest. Your desire for it is.

All those drugs were originally made for healing though. It's just the fact that they get abused that caused them to be banned/controlled.

Attached: Big-fat-woman.jpg (408x383, 41K)

>Sugar isn't addictive in the slightest. Your desire for it is.

Attached: 1507469127798.png (645x729, 38K)

The only reason they can't regulate and tax drugs is because they banned them. Places where they haven't/aren't banned are regulated and taxed.

>ban something only a small fraction of people use
>create vast criminal cartels that threaten to plunge the American southwest into anarchy
Yeah, I'm sure nothing bad would happen if the gov tried to ban a substance that 95% of people consume every day.

Attached: 375DB5F5-1BA1-477B-BBB9-E16B0A6AEDD6.jpg (399x500, 75K)

There's no sugar withdrawal, thus it's not addictive.

>i never heard of it therefor it does not exist
dude there is a sugar withdrawal look it up

>>Cane sugar is bad for you
>>Government doesn't ban it
>Why?

Washington DC recently tried to add a sugar & "soda tax" but the immediate reaction of all the blacks crying racism and calling it a "black tax" in the media killed the initiative real quick.

It was as if the blacks were just admitting that they have zero discipline or self control around sugar & sodas.

And the funny thing is that the law would have helped blacks more than any other race... but they'd prefer to die 350 pounds, overweight, with heart disease and diabetes than listen to the white man.

Attached: Black Diabetes Epidemic.gif (355x222, 3K)

Where does who say that sugar is bad? Elaborate please.