Is he really a philosopher?

Is he really a philosopher?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=45vGBs58TDw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>implying the earnest trade of Philosopher can still exist in public in 2017, and has not been totally replaced by sophist whoring

He's too stupid to be a philosopher.

I have a feeling that you get to be a philosopher only if the official philosophers let you. So no.

lol

who is this? anyone bashing marxism is braindead. marx isn't just communism.

No.

Philosophy was never a ''trade'', and there are philosophers today.

t. Raúl Castro

no, he's pseud af
i listen to his shit for entertainment

>Only communist regimes use Marxism

Hey marx.

Explain. I have listened to his dialogues and his use of rational empiricism never fails to contradict reality. So please name one thing he said that's wrong. After reading his book it's hard to deny that aggression that violates someone's person or property is wrong until infringed upon, which includes state aggression and taxation. I'd like to see someone debate that and tell me that's wrong.

"Property" isn't something that exists in reality. The relationship of people with their "property" only exists in the mind. There's no reason to think it has some inviolable quality.

Sophism was an honest trade, philosophy was just societal destruction for the hell of it.

This is the opening of his book. I'm not even memeing.

Most of the time he just uses "rational empiricism" to justify his spooked worldview. He falls into the same trap as sam harris tbqh

That's a quote from Gravity's Rainbow

Whether he realizes it or not, libertarianism is simply another form of Marxism in that it ties the development of a society solely to its mode of production.

>libertarianism is simply another form of Marxism
I think I'll put this on a t-shirt

Same reason why Capitalism is a form of Marxism

in the same book he tries to explain a basic valid argument and literally fails at even that

cant find it right now but its pretty hilarious

jesus fucking christ

to imgaine that Noam fookin CHomsky had an "argument" with this guy

Shit like this makes me think anyone can write a book and you shouldn't respect someone who writes for a living.

Is he affiliated with PJW? Judging from his videos in the recommended section it seems as though that is the case

Criticizing marxism is one thing, but criticizing marxism in a single line as if it was a single entity, is definitely not what a philosopher does

Sounds like Wittgenstein introduction to his Tractatus. Not even memeing.

dont think so, they are just grifting the same group of idiots, think Molymeme brands himself a "libertarian"

youtube.com/watch?v=45vGBs58TDw

>they think it's original content

Agree brother,normies cant see the world for what it is

>'normies'

Kill yourself

>Marxists
>intellectuals
they're all pseuds at best
nothing outs someone as a low IQ sub human quite like advocating for marx

name some intellectuals in your opinion

hard mode: no Jordan Petersson or Sam Harris

>hard mode: no Jordan Petersson or Sam Harris
the fact that this is your idea of a preemptive whatever says more about you than I ever could

u kno i was jokin lad, spit some names out or keep da gobber shut

if you unironically think Sam Harris is a serious philosopher you are an actual brainlet

Molyneux nuffin about philosophy

Call me lad next please

cute cat laddo :3

Thank you!!

WHAT IS A FUCKING ARGUEMENT BY THIS GUYS DEFINITION FOR CHRISTSAKES?

Okay look i get it, he isn't a leftist cuck so you all automatically dismiss him, but that's a big mistake
He has a PhD in philosophy, how nany of you do? Moly is a certified philosopher and has massive insights on myriad of topics. And all you can do is meme in 4 different layers of irony
At least he's doing something to stop the Marxist takeover of the West and yeah okay he may not write the best book but maybe he isn't trying to write the next cannonical philosophic text like Phenomenon of the Spirit?? Maybe he just wamtd to help people, to give them tools so they can resist the leftists agenda and power games?
Say what you will but Molyneux is a very important voice in today's philosophic climate and to brush him aside is only a self-detrimental act. He's literally spent his life on these subjects and i consider his thoughts invaluable

were there always people like this on Veeky Forums, or am I glorifying the past?

He's clearly baiting but this kind of stuff always gets replies so this kind of posting is popular now

No, this board used to be different (not that it was particularly good, mind you). I remember it clearly.

I thinks it's sad that people who are lost or confused or afraid need to watch videos of someone who is obviously taking advantage of their condition then fills them with anger. Whether I believe with Steff or not, I cannot take his videos seriously. It turns me off when I know I'm being sold something. Truth should not have to be sold. If people were really curious, they'd pick up a book about what it is they believe makes their life shit and give it an honest read.

especially feel this with Jordan Petersson, so many young men with daddy issues getting sucked in by that charlatan

especially since he has some mainstream credibility for whatever reason

If you've ever watched a Molymeme video you know his technique is speaking very slowly and deliberately (As if every word he's dribbling out is incredibly important and meaningful) while at the same time saying absolutely nothing.

I can literally hear his semen slapping against his chest as he jerks himself off everywhere.

That's fucking lewd user, spoiler that shit.

He's an effective author, you can't blame him for that.

that's an acurate statement

If civilization = the problem.
Isn't the argument the problem?
No wait, it's the solution, oh rats.

he didn't use to have a phd in philosophy, is it honorary

daily reminder that the only things that separated socrates from the sophists were that he did it for free and instead of helping people he just annoyed the fuck out of them

>tfw an 80 page primer for freshman shits all over your "masterwork"