KierkeGod

KierkeGod.

Kamradegaard

>the question of what they make possible
I don't understand

The conditions of life make life possible.

Greatest philosopher
>is christian
Checkmate atheists

Literally all of the greatest philosophers have had belief in at least some form of God desu. Yet to come across an impressive atheist philosopher.

Spinoza (prove me wrong

Spinoza was a deist/pantheist you complete and utter brainlet (no offence)

Nietzsche bru...false

It's unclear whether Nietzsche was atheist or not, as far as I can tell. His 'God is dead' idea is frequently misunderstood, and simply refers to the role of God in individual and societal life rather than being any sort of attempt to consider His existence

>God is dead

Ya, actually I totally agree with your analysis; however, he was not a theist. In Beyond Good and Evil he says there probably is a God, but theres no way of knowing, and there is also no way of knowing what that God thinks is moral.

Probably holds a similar position to Spinoza then, which in many ways is quite similar to atheism (e.g. no reason to believe we're important enough to have an afterlife, so consciousness might still end upon death and it's impossible for us to ever know 'God'), but the very belief in this God-like thing means that the belief is nonetheless different to atheism.

Can anyone who's read and understood The Concept of Anxiety please explain what he was talking about with all the "we are not Adam" stuff?

I dont know Spinoza very well, but I would say Nietzache is more of an agnostic, than an atheist. Atheism is also a faith position and Nietzache was not just gunna trade one faith system for another

>It's unclear whether Nietzsche was atheist or not, as far as I can tell.
That's because you haven't read enough Nietzsche. Ecce Homo, "Why I Am So Clever," section 1:
>"God," "immortality of the soul," "redemption," "beyond" -- without exception, concepts to which I never devoted any attention, or time; not even as a child. Perhaps I have never been childlike enough for them?
>I do not by any means know atheism as a result; even less as an event: it is a matter of course with me, from instinct. I am too inquisitive, too *questionable*, too exuberant to stand any gross answer. God is a gross answer, an indelicacy against us thinkers -- at bottom merely a gross prohibition for us: you shall not think!

It's bullshit, he's trying to bullshit you

anxiety does not exist, this is what the concept of anxiety should have made you realize. Now you can go out into the world and say you feel anxious about things without actually feeling it (you thus spread this bullshit meme to other people who then have to go read the book too or become paralyzed by your bullshit) its basically a "Kierkegaard used Anxiety its super effective" move...unless the other person is not vulnerable to anxiety (either through having read the book themselves or having experiences&therapy or innate traits) ...then you have to use something else

That's exactly my point desu. As far as I'm concerned, agnosticism is a sensible philosophical position but atheism is not

That suggests he rejects the idea of the personal God found in Abrahamic religions, but doesn't speak to his beliefs about the other conceptions of God at all

he explicit says that he's an atheist there, if that's not good enough for you nothing will be

Pretty clear he's arguing against the existence of the Abrahamic God there, that's all. Nothing about any other spiritual views he might hold

Please don't post stupid replies in the future

really doesnt tho
>I do not by any means know atheism as a result;

Hes agnostic m8

he really does
>it is a matter of course with me, from instinct
I fucking hate you duplicitous cunts

Nice reading comprehension. Stick with Harry Potter.

recommended reading, Idiocy (and stupidity) doesn't exist either