Other urls found in this thread:

animal-rights-library.com/texts-c/tolstoy01.htm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>It's okay the murder babies younger than 3 years old

Okay Singer

No.

That literally is right though, emotional memelord

>consequentialist
>wants me to change my consumption habits, something which will have no consequences

It will though, the industry will have one less customer

>stop eating

thats what my dad tells me ;_;

I'm eating meat RIGHT NOW

At what age should we stop murdering babies, then?

I guess when you get too weak to strangle them

>personhood status isn't conferred until 3 years after coming out of a human cunt
What possible justifications can he have for this position?

But sucking dick is too much fun

And stop driving cars while we're at it

Bicycles will save the world

And stop using cellphones

Underrated

That guy is not Plutarch, and I only believe marble statues

Personhood is based on the abilities of the entity, such as consciousness, intelligence, etc. And these only truly develop after birth

Sure. Done.

Generally I respond poorly to this argument (mostly due to the invective and personality flaws, to say nothing of argument style of the persuaders), but I recently read this which changed some of my perspectives:

animal-rights-library.com/texts-c/tolstoy01.htm

I have retreated from steaks every day to a small portion of protein at bedtime (i am into fitness and you just cant get protein at these levels without drinking shakes all day) but after I am done with lifting for strength as I get older I will probably drift towards non-rigid vegetarianism.

stop eating plants

I've really cut down on my meat consumption because it's good for the environment. I'm doing my part!

>eat babies, harvest their organs for utilitarian purpsoes
>DON"T YOU DARE EAT THAT FISH!!!!!!!!! cuz uhhh....pain exists for a while...

k also im a nazi though

The only thing that keeps rustlin' my jimmies is people getting horribly upset when they see mistreated dogs or cats, while they literally pay people to butcher animals who are as intelligent as the pets they cherish but have been kept in horrible conditions for their entire lives.
How do people not realize there's a hypocrisy there? I mean, it's such an arbitrary choice. If you mistreat you dog, you can go to jail, but if you cut a piglet's balls out without anesthesia, we'll pay you for it.
If you stomp a (sentient) dog in public people would frown upon you. While those same people actually pay money for people to stomp equally sentient pigs and cows into cages so they can get a steel pin through their heads because
>muh meat
>muh taste
>muh proteins

I understand the historical role of meat and i'm not one to deny it, but come on, but that doesn't justify these inconsistencies in public opinion (and law) in a time where our (mass-)consumantion is entirely by choice.

(i worked in a pig farm, you anons who claim conditions there are ok can suck my dick)

Best post

Animals are food, they aren't meant to be tortured pointlessly. Food is sacred and worthy of respect. Praise God. Don't mistreat a deer. Just shoot it in the heart and eat it.

I agree .. it is not a sane world we’re in