Can true love only exist in fantasy?

Can true love only exist in fantasy?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_(film)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

True fantasy can only exist in love.

It goes against biology but in your mind it can be real.

That's true, but I have grown too cynical, rational and skeptical from the last few years. Catfish tinder threads, MGTOW, female hypergamy and branch swinging.

The Disney true love stories we grew up with are only real in fantasy. Which is why I look forward to lifelike sexbots

Truth can only exist in fantasy.

LOVE can only exist in fantasy

t. Lacan

We are the only primate I know of that's delusional. Use it to your advantage, go for that schizotypal edge. Religion is not "I was blind and now I can see" it is "I was always blind and this new type of blind keeps me going." Organisms that don't take advantage of chances die out, there's even in-build positivity biases - though the opposite exists too.

Woah.

fpbp

I still believe user.

>lifelike sexbots
sadly, that's for the next generations, not us

Fantasy is part of life though.

No, because a fucking sperg like me found and somehow managed to bag grade-A wife material.

yeah, we're going to need the recipe user

Given that 'love' is an experience, it is real to the extent that it is experienced.

Define "true love".
Closest I've seen it happen is two of my friends started dating in the seventh grade, now 8 years later, they're married and living together.
I guess if both people are infatuated with each other and care about making each other comfortable + share traditional values, that's a cocktail for a pretty good life.

>Step 1: find yourself a cute outdoorsy girl who likes to hike and do stuff like that. They are almost always happier, healthier, and more well adjusted human beings.
>Step 2: Ask her out.
>Step 3: Once you’ve been on a couple dates and have hung out a bit, and you’ve reached the point in the burgeoning relationship where she realizes that you aren’t a serial killer, drive her out somewhere dark away from the city lights, somewhere pretty like a meadow or something.
>Step 4: Bring snacks, comfy things like pillows and blankets, and put them in the trunk of your car.
>Step 5: Blow her mind with your autistic knowledge of mythology and love stories that you can point out to her in the night sky.
>Step 6: fuck like rabbits.

It’s easier than it sounds.

>premarital sex
>not marrying an innocent virgin

Yeah enjoy your 'true love' user, enjoy loving half of your shit and the child support payments

Im in the same position user. Going to be married soon. Considering what I've done in my life, and how much Ive changed in the past two years, it almost makes me want to believe in some kind of cosmic karma.

Dude married life is solid if you find yourself the right lady. Been hitched for two years now and its pretty dope, its like hanging out with a best friend you can bang.

>Given that 'love' is an experience, it is real to the extent that it is experienced.

Go tell that to the faggots here.

No. Women don’t feel love – if they even feel it at all – the same way we do.

I meant yes.

Fantasy has to come from somewhere real.

"True love", as distinct from normal everyday-love, is a marketing tool created to subdue you into procreation and servitude.

True love can only exist in classic literature if one or both of the people die, otherwise it's shit like The Sun Also Rises and The Great Gatsby where love is a sham and the concept of love ruins everybody's lives.

Yeah its great. Shes really fit, and a huge outdoors type. Owned her own ranch and bread horses for a few years. Doesn't watch tv, not much into electronic media, Ive gooten her to read books with me too and now we both read a book for a month and then discuss it afterward. Shes a bit older than me but weve both agreed we want a family so shes going to sell her ranch and follow me around ( I travel for work.) Anyway I just wanted an excuse to talk about it, have a nice day user.

God's love is the only truth.

>exist in fantasy
what?

And the only big enough to fulfill our aspiration.

You have to make sacrifices for love

You have to make sacrifices to deal with all of existence user. Love is no different.

Yes because just like dragons, love doesn't exist. What you call love was invented by ad men to sell nylons

That's so cute and nice and I want to die.

Absolutely. My parents are the greatest example of true love I’ve ever seen. Our family has been faced with some horrible things through nobody’s fault, and every time they’re up against the wall, I see the two of them lock hands even tighter and crush every single challenge they’ve faced, together as a united force. If there’s anything I’ve learned growing up in their house, it’s not only that true love exists, but it also turns two people into the most formidable and resilient team you could imagine. As long as they have one another and share that bond, nothing can stop them. Men need women, and women need men. Without that dynamic, everything is lost.

I’ve seen it work, and now I want to create that for myself, because I hold their values, have been cognitive formed myself with the healthiest example of what a relationship should be, and know for a fact that it is possible.

true love is for fags

just wait until you've been married for 10 years, user
it's even fucking better

nooooooooo
not the ranch!
what the fuck are you doing faggot?

how am i crying right now?
i-i didn't ask for that feel, user

Existing is only fantasy in truth... Wait...

Love is not entirely about passion or wanting for someone, as many romantics believe nowadays, but is instead about growing to love the person you have through tolerance of one another and mutual overcoming of hardships.
Your 50 years married grandparents obviously have not been passionately in love for a long time, but knowing they are better as one they did not divide into two when things looked dour, as many would nowadays.
If you think your relationship problems are worth fixing, you may find yourself happier for sticking things through during the worst

You have the right idea, user. It is not our desires which make love so great, but the power of union and the great achievements two can accomplish as one

Fantasy isn't exactly a strict category. I can fantasize about many things I can make real - what matters is the level of my seriousness in pursuing it. Aka, faith.

holy... I want more!

>tfw

>Can true love only exist in fantasy?
For chan-dwellers, yes. For healthy people, no.

It’s just crazy to me you know? Coming to this website or even in real life, and encountering people who don’t believe that something like true love can even exist, because they haven’t seen it in their own lives. It’s the fucking saddest thing in the world to me, and every now and then I look back at my own family and realize how fortunate I am to have been immersed and formed as a person in something so special like that, to have that model to work off of for myself. For me, it’s one of the most concrete truths I know in this world.

Hang in there guys.

Made me feel user
We're all gonna make it I think

Fantasy doesn't exist.

>Fantasy isn't exactly a strict category. I can fantasize about many things I can make real
yes it is. fantasy as a genre is about things we know aren't real and can't be made real as far as we know. nice pseudo-intellectual rhetoric though, kiddo.

Great post man. Exactly the sort of message I needed today.

>Men need women, and women need men. Without that dynamic, everything is lost.

There's more to it than that.

>Dad is a social recluse
>Always had trouble making friends, spent all his time reading books and studying
>If Veeky Forums had existed back in the 70's/80's, he'd have certainly been the kind of kid who'd have posted here 24/7
>mother dies of cancer while he's in college
>gets depressed as fuck and only retreats further inwards
>has to pay his way through uni and goes to work in a shitty restaurant during the summers
>one night he's bringing dishes into a storage room at 1:00 AM
>sees this tired looking cocktail waitress sorting silverware
>it's my mom
>immediately struck by her but he's an introvert who's terrified of girls and doesn't do anything about it

Long story short, she liked him because she said just getting to know him at work, she saw that he was just a genuinely good person, and ended up chasing him down. He's not particularly good looking either. They got close because the two of them had gone through some shit and connected over that. I don't care that this is a blogpost, because I'm trying to make a point. Don't ever let any of the cynical pseudointellectual retards you meet, be they online or in real life tell you otherwise when it comes to the concept of love.

We're all gonna make it.

What's worse though
Being genuinely convinced that true love cannot exist and life a straight life accordingly trying to make your best with this conviction in mind, or realizing that true love is real and could make your life worth it but you'll reasonably never get to experience it?

They are both the worst option because ultimately they are the same defeatist mindset, one is simply less self-aware than the other. The right answer is to separate yourself from that paradigm, to have the courage to be an optimist and to risk your own emotional safety fighting for one of the few things in life that’s actually worth it.

You’re a fag

Yeah that's what I used to think, love was only true in fairy tales, made for someone else but not for me

hahahahahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahahahhah SHREK THE OGRE

>bread horses

>>Dad is a social recluse
>>Always had trouble making friends, spent all his time reading books and studying
>she saw that he was just a genuinely good person, and ended up chasing him down. He's not particularly good looking either.
I w-want to believe

>a contract ensures true love
You dun goofed.
In fact, every retard who hates women thinks of marriage as a goal. Free yourselves, for fucks sake.

Oh user that was beautify really inspiring. After becoming cynical and heart-broken hearing this gives me hope. What do you say though to those that don't make it? The older I get the harder it's gotten for me. Now I am genuinely scared. Scared that after my hard work a girl like that will appear but only interested what I can provide.

Can you give more details about their story? It gives me hope.

I am pretty skeptical about it too but sometimes I see results like this that make me doubt my skepticism. Crazy things happen in 40 years. Maybe when I'm 60 it'll get really interested. I won't be a young horny guy anymore but we already have chemical solutions for age-related sexual disfunction.

youtube.com/watch?v=fRj34o4hN4I

This is the kind of cynicism that assails modern man. I understand where it comes from but it seems lazy and incomplete. Clearly there is value in the traditional family values of love of old. What/where is the best way to find this in the modern world?
>find yourself a cute ______ girl
user you are skipping over the hardest part in the first step. TFW work in tech and might as well live in a convent.

Even when she is in a relationship, a girl likes to be kissed by other men.

Yes. But you can live in a fantasy (temporarily).

>he’ll never know what it’s like to intertwine his body with another person at their physical prime, channeling the energy of ancient cosmic love stories through your own soul and into another, out in the middle of the pristine emptiness of dark wilderness where the loudest thing for 100 miles is the sound of your shared ecstasy

The worst type of cuck is a self-cuck user.

Ya gotta change your life to find that wife!

fuck you that song is way older than Shrek

Holy fuck. Googled that quote and didn't find anything. Did you just come up with that?

It's basically a better way to phrase that quote from Extension du domaine de la lutte.

Yes, because I have lived out that very experience myself. Jesus Christ, are people here really that uncreative? No wonder none of you can get laid.

It's not about creativity. I just enjoyed it and hoped there was more.

talk to me, darling

Oh. Well now I just feel like an asshole.

It's from the opposite perspective, in my opinion.

The only true love is incest love.

You see, I know Aquinas' famous statement on the matter, and consider myself a decently adapted Christian and well-educated, but for some reason I cannot fathom devoting oneself to attaining God's love in this life. To love, one must know, and one cannot know God personally through one's own effort I've become convinced, only become *closer*. The only people that convincingly and coherently speak of God's love are Saints who virtually all led shitty lives previously, so it seems like an opaque matter.

lies

Yeah that's a good explanation for why I like it. Instead of just looking at the bitterness of sexual frustration it captures the frenzied essence of of true love. You're still not getting laid but at least here you get a taste of what you missed.

How so?

true love exists, but only between a woman and her various sex providers

I wish I was high right now.

Jesus fucking christ dude. It's way to early for this shit. You just fucked me up.

>grown up people split after years of marriage
Why do autists spam this shit?

Chad Kenobi strikes again

Damn.

Any recs of well-written books with a great element of romance that is not necessarily the center of the plot? I really could use a nice adventure with some true love in it.

Brother's Karamazov

If you are attempting to forge a bond through predetermined steps then what you achieve is not love but simply a planned result. It is false.

"True love" stems from a friendship without any other premise, innocence has for many of us been long lost and I'm currently not sure if you can experience love without it.

t.can't emotionally connect with or respect any woman after first love.

Hey, I own that. Thanks user! If anyone has any other recs, I'd greatly appreciate them. Feeling lovesick lately and could use some catharsis.

Oh but that’s what made it so great user. The two of us just started out as coworkers and knew each other for about a year until things ignited like that. I totally agree with you. It’s do much better if you actually know one another really well first. There’s nothing like the slow burn.

This kills the cynic.

No, it did not.

Dang I get to the last part but I always end up killing them by accident

JRR Tolkien made the characters Beren and Luthien/Arwen and Aragorn off of the love he had for his wife. Fantasy stories are just an extension of the experiences people have in life, and no one gets to experience everything. Some people find true love, others dont, and thats okay.

You can chase Fantasy, but can find Bliss only in reality...

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marty_(film)

The cynic has plenty success killing himself