What kind of books do nu-males read?

What kind of books do nu-males read?

Translations.

Your favorite authors

Women

Self-help books informed by managerial 'science'.

Whatever NPR suggests.

Their fellow nu-males'

>Self-help books informed by managerial 'science'.

Examples?

How do you read people?

I dunno, what do you read?

Marcus Aurelius

Actual Stoicism is based. Stoicism as practiced by numales who read Meditations once and think Aurelius is a model Stoic is not. Every time I see someone start talking about being a "Stoic" and citing Marcus I'm reminded that even something so seemingly esoteric as Stoicism attracts more dilettantes and pretenders than actual practitioners.

Regardless, anyone who is serious about practicing Stoicism will eventually encounter Theravada Buddhism and realize that it's very similar but superior in every way.

"Stoicism" is very popular among Chads who want to pretend to be philosophers and numales who want to pretend to be emotionless hardasses. The numale stereotype, the liberal atheist who thinks he's really smart and always wants to impress people with how educated and worldly he is, will almost always cite Stoicism as his personal philosophy. He imagines that this provides him with a moral structure without the need to rely on religion (showing how little Stoic writing he's actually read) and he knows that the average person will know absolutely nothing about it, so that even his minimal knowledge will seem impressive.

I see this a lot and it's almost always the same kind of guys doing it. You can basically tell whether someone has a brain or is just a retarded dilettante based on which Stoics they mention by name. If someone cites Epictetus, they're probably ok. If someone cites Aurelius, there's an extremely high likelihood that they're a numale poser. That's just the facts, boys.

>I'm not like the other nu-males ;)

Mainstream fiction such as JK Rowling, Stephen King and George RR Martin, and pop science like Dawkins and Gladwell

This. And they love Magic Science Nigger.

El alquimista

The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
A Song of Ice and Fire
Godel, Escher, Bach
Guns, Germs and Steel
No Logo
A Hundred Years of Solitude
The Communist Manifesto
Murakami
Vonnegut
Orwell
Huxley
Bukowski
Piketty

Milk and honey.

>The Communist Manifesto
Why would this be the only 'philosophy' you'd think they'd read?

Jack Vance
Gene Wolfe
Tolkien
Peter Hitchens

it's very short and memey

No proper leftist I met recommends the Communist Manifesto. Only people who think it's important to read are idiots who wouldn't help us anyway, or redpilled teens who think they're figuring us out from the inside.

This, I used to be friends with a nu-male who enjoyed reading and he had read most of those and would recommend them often. He even went so far as to get the infamous 'so it goes' Vonnegut quote tattoo that hundreds of people have.

You realize that you're accusing a generalized stereotype of generalizing generalized ideologies that were spread via one writer who is generally cited as being a general proponent of the generalized ideology?
on a chinese silk weaving forum

Like the first fucking page of Meditations is Aurelius mentioning how thankful he is to the friend who loaned him a copy of Epictetus' discourses. Come on man, apply yourself.

Stoicism is a practical philosophy and Epictetus' discourses are intended to explain it so that readers can understand it in both theory and practice. It's intended to teach you.

Aurelius' writings are, again his own personal diary intended primarily to aid him in keeping certain things in mind which he had already learned. It offers very little in the way of explanation because, again, he was writing it for his own personal use. It's interesting from a historical and biographical standpoint but virtually useless from a philosophical one. More importantly, it offers absolutely nothing new. This is not necessarily a criticism, because it wasn't intended to. It is just Marcus writing down things he wants to remember from his readings of philosophy.

It's like we have a novel and a guy who wrote a book report on it and you're here saying that you don't see the difference between the two and that you actually prefer the book report to the original work. It's sad.

It's copypasta, as is OP, numales read Ready Player One.

Latest John Green books.

>One of the most well known stoics is Marcus Aurelius therefore I can't be seen to like him hehehehuehe

they don't read, they watch shitty netflix series, cape shit and play games.

James Joyce

It took this far in the thread for someone to mention John Green.

this is spot on

Except he literally isn't a stoic philosopher.

What do you have against nu-males? They're people too.

> Tolkien is nu-male literature

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about desu

Start with the Geeks.

Nu male spotted. I bet you watch Game of Cucks too.

kek sorry reddit but he is

>I bet you watch Game of Cucks too.

>Comparing Game of Cucks to Tolkiens works

Yep you actually don't have the slightest clue what the fuck you are talking about.

kek retard ;)

Nu-males don't read. They are too busy wanking over their own ego by posting what they had for lunch, they'll say they read books but 100% of the time if it has a movie adaptation like LOTR or Harry Potter then you know for a fact they do not read at all.

Yes, you're certainly special, user. No one thinks you're a basic fantasy dork. Tolkein made his own languages! Not even GRRM di-, oh wait...
>pic related