Which character of Dostoevsky's novels is closer to you?

Other urls found in this thread:

pastvu.com/p/205679
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Myshkin

underground man is literally me. Dosto was the first frogposting robot :^)

Ivan Karamazov is LITERALLY me desu, although I hope to be more of an Alyosha as time progresses

Svidrigailov af.

Little hero kid

I'd like to say Alyosha but I'm not.

1. underground man

2. rashkolnikov ofc

How come?

Ippolit

This is true though. No need for irony.

> 1860-1900

pastvu.com/p/205679
> 1865-1872

I'm the meek one. Marrying the nearest pawnbroker and regretting it later, yeah that's totally me

It's really not and anyone who makes this trite comparison either doesn't understand the underground man or 'robots'

than what retard?

explain.

Rhazumikin

>It's really not and anyone who makes this trite comparison either doesn't understand the underground man or 'robots'

if you compare yourself to the underground man the legit only reason you would want to do that is to be like "oooo im so edgy and smrt and no one gets me" because he's genuinely a freak who A) needs God and B) can't be normal

Smerdyakov is probably the closest.

underrated

the guy who offed himself and told people he was going to usa in crime and punishment

Dmitri Karamazov

I don't think people are trying to brag when they say the underground man reminds them of themselves
They're not really happy about that being the case

Same, except the pawnbroker is also me.

anything else

The nigga fromst white nights

tfw when Mikolka's pony

That old drunk that gets hit by a carriage and dies in Crime and Punishment

Marmeladov

Smerdyakov

>"oooo im so edgy and smrt and no one gets me"
Is this the only reason you think people identify with the underground man? That's a wild imagination you've got there, man. I can see why you read books, it really expanded your mind.

Quite the opposite actually. People see themselves as socially retarded mongoloids much like the underground man, they identify with his negative traits. They don't think they're cool, edgy or superior for being like him at all. The comparison with /r9k/ is frequently made but it isn't really inaccurate imo.

You mean Smerdyakov

The Prince

what?
did i not spell it like that?

No you just included the incorrect image

the entire cast of poor folk

this.

i will include what images i please

The underground man could live a better life if he wanted but he's purposely choosing. Robots are outcasts who have no option even if they wanted too. The fact that he can talk a prostitute into liking him should tell you he's not really like robots at all.

Same

Smerdyakov... easy on the neck...

I think you're the one who doesn't understand robots. Robots absolutely have a choice to live differently. The very essence of being a robot is a voluntary exile from society.
>t. former robot who changed his ways

sonia (ugh *rolls eyes* yes, im a girl, get over it)

My parents named my sister after the character, ironically enough she became a fembot.

Gavril Ivolgin

Could cut and paste the description of Raskolnikov's university life and the passage where Razumikhin describes Rodion to his mother/sister into my own biography and no one would know

Identifying with the underground man is my new favourite sign of an invisible fedora, along with anime avatars in youtube comments.

Probably Raskolnikov from Crime and Punishment because I'm always thinking of Committing crimes before I go to bed. However, he does some stupid things like convert to Christianity.

As to the Brothers Karamazov, that book is the biggest waste of time I've ever read, the characters are awful (I particularly hate Aloysha and find his befriending of the little kids completely irrelevant and pointless)....

You sound like you're roleplaying a Sonic the Hedgehog OC on Deviantart.

I'm Nastasia Philippovna. I'm a man

I will pray for you user.

Aglya best girl

Fyodor Pavlovitch Karamazov

>tfw no Grushenka gf

rock throwing kid

the wheelchair girl

t. able bodied male

Maybe you should pull a Svidrigailov lad

The dog that eats the bread with the pin in it

Ivan Fyodorovich Karamazov

Are you sure you read the whole book? Because wet snow sure doesn't sound like he planned or enjoys fucking up at the diner or with Lisa ( I think that was the prostitutes name but I'm not sure). I don't think the diner leaves any room for interpretation regarding his social skills and what he thinks of the situation. And while he gets Lisa to like him he severely misjudges the situation multiple times, spends days in torment hoping she won't come over and turns it into a smoldering trainwreck once she does so.

Are you rich and fuck mentally challenged girls?

I am more of a Katerina guy

The guy from the dream of a ridiculous man is literally me. The book reads like my biography I've read it so many times now that I can tell the entire story off by heart word for word.

LMAO a girl pretending shes pure at heart. You're more of a Nestenka tbqh you wench.

Petyr petrovich's pseud, commie roommate

Literally my favorite character in the book.

The Narrator from White Nights.

the horse that gets the fuck beat out of him in C&P

"about thirty years old, plump and thick-set, with a milk-and-blood complexion, pink lips, a little moustache and a very modish style of dress"

White Nights narrator

Underground man is self aware and realizes that by being a misanthropic douche, hes only harming himself. He acknowledges this and thats pretty much the case with most robots. It isnt a good thing and they all realize it. Although for underground man it seems to be a concious effort while for most incels its more based on the fact that they lack social skills and are genetically inferior.

honestly i'm very akin to aloysha
i don't know what i'm doing here

I think the Underground Man isn't capable either so instead of trying to rise above he goes even further than most robots (who just accept it and keep living) and purposefully tries to make things worse

Does he do it in purpose? He sure claims so, but his self destructive acts seem to cause him a lot of pain, and in his inner monologue he constantly tries to salvage the situation. Take the apology letter with the money or hoping that the prostitute won't come over as example.

there was a time where I operated like raskolnikov, now I'm more of a rhazumikhin (can't remember correct spelling). I hope to some day move to an ashram and be more like Alyosha

iirc the underground man seems to believe that his intelligence and predisposition towards "extreme self consciousness" is what makes him the way he is. Seems like the 19th century parallel to genetic inferiority. Although they aren't exactly the same thing, I think the come from a similar source.

Arkady for me, swinging wild with family issues or Golyadkin with his double

the dreamer
fall in love with everybody that i see, it always accounts to nothing
the obsession with urban architecture and the tendency towards pointless circular thought just solidify it

I'm going to name my future daughter after her

that absolute pseud kid in TBK that admired alyosha very much so

forgot his name

Vanya.

>tfw no mental breakdown seeing demons n shit yet

the non faggy ones

Kolya Krasotkin

this, mix of the two and some hopeful optimism of alyosha

>not falling in love with Lise

You don't know what's good.

Makar Devushkin.

Since this is a Dostoievsky thread, what do you think are the best of his non-major works?
I still have Demons to read anyway but otherwise I've read The Eternal Husband and House of the Dead.

Stinking Lizaveta here

i expected to see much more raskolnikow replies in this thread. but yeah, i'd say raskolnikow, though i'm changing slowly (for the better, hopefully)

Okay Smerdyakov, that's enough.

Maximov desu

Hear hear. More Ivan than I care for
Also I feel like the guy from The Double, in the sense that there's a more successful me in a parallel universe or more like trillions of them

Were you rich at some point and lost it all to your wife?

What? That was Fyodor

This, except people don't follow me

God damn it I misread that

Shatov

Sofya Semyonovna Marmeladova

I wonder how her pussy smells

fucking dmitri ;( the resemblance really shattered me while reading bros k