So what comes next after postmodernism?

So what comes next after postmodernism?

Pre-neo-futurism

Post-postmodernism (we are already)

here are the options

1)nothing, the end of writing, possibly existence itself.
2)Time travel
3)what ever the "first era" was

Proto-metamodernism.

For me, it's the McChicken. The best fast food sandwich. I even ask for extra McChicken sauce packets and the staff is so friendly and more than willing to oblige.

One time I asked for McChicken sauce packets and they gave me three. I said, "Wow, three for free!" and the nice friendly McDonald's worker laughed and said, "I'm going to call you 3-for-free!".

Now the staff greets me with "hey it's 3-for-free!" and ALWAYS give me three packets. It's such a fun and cool atmosphere at my local McDonald's restaurant, I go there at least 3 times a week for lunch and a large iced coffee with milk instead of cream, 1-2 times for breakfast on the weekend, and maybe once for dinner when I'm in a rush but want a great meal that is affordable, fast, and can match my daily nutritional needs.

I even dip my fries in McChicken sauce, it's delicious! What a great restaurant.

>some idiot unironically thinks this

That thing Shia Labeouf rants about

I don't get it. What does the Black Sun have to do with Snuffkin?

Also it's new sincerity, all you tryhard fags go home.

new-sincerity

I would read 300 pages of this.

New sincerity was DOA except as some beta niche thing. No surprise it hasn't caught on and people laugh at shlubs who bought into it.

>hasn't caught on
John Green begs to differ.

Isn't that the little kid's writer?

You can usually guess the cultural zeitgeist by the kind of books that kids' and YA authors churn out.

Not at all. I don't think you belong here and recommend you leave.

I see this whole "new sincerity" thing as a Francesco Clemente painting, sincere but mawkish

Sure but first try to refute my statement, faggot.

This thread is about intellectual movements; you're trying to talk about a beta-male complex few have heard of and a children's author.

>So what comes next after postmodernism?
the shoah of the goyim

Explain to me how children's literature is not indicative of wider intellectual movements.
>beta-male
I think you're the one who needs to leave.

I don't feel like I need to explain such a thing since that's never been the case. You are not a mature person yet, and that's okay, but try to keep it in perspective.

>uses alpha/beta terminology
>doesn't want to acknowledge the importance of children's literature because that's, like, for kids
>calls me immature
Wew lad.

Ah, I always knew the bugs meme was being perpetuated by 15 year olds. More confirmation to the larger point I suppose.

post-postmodernism.

>So what comes next after postmodernism?
i don't understand how people can unironically ask this question

modernism, postmodernism, and all of the flaccid, forced, and overwrought attempts to rig up a new movement... are basically just modernism continuing to play out its logic and narratives on itself - responding to itself, dismissing its own tradition, and trying to experiment with new progressive ideas

every time i see one of these threads the impression i get is that there is this swarm of timid bench warmers waiting on the edge of their seats to be called up to the next intellectual movement so they can make their mark on history

what if that's not what is going to happen friendos? what if there isn't a new fresh intellectual bohemian movement, and actually awaiting us there's a decay or a dark age or a "burning of the great library" so to speak?

after all, what is likely to happen in the decades to come? the limits to growth? climage change? continuing economic tyranny/crisis? more political and social chaos? unthinkable war? crazy and unsustainable increases in technological/social/economic complexity are attempted in response to worsening problems?

what sort of literature will people reach for, in those sorts of circumstances, I wonder . . .

>doesn't read moomins in original Finnish

Is that so?

A return to empiricism is inevitable, especially because decades of postmodern hegemony have not seen any serious gains in social justice besides legalizing gay marriage and making people slightly more tolerant.

Current political and economic conditions offer a good opportunity for Marxism to strike back and reassert itself in the academy.

>original Finnish
Jag skrattar på du, det är en roligt post. Du kan inte läsa Moomin i "originel finsk", pleb

Buddhism grasped correctly

post colonialism

You must be jewish or an incredibly stupid shabbos goy to assert, and feel comfortable asserting, such a stupid point of view.

Islamism

“Christianity, and this is its greatest merit, has occasionally calmed the brutal German lust for battle, but it cannot destroy that savage joy. And when once that restraining talisman, the cross, is broken, that the old combatants will rage with the fury celebrated by the Norse poets. The wooden talisman is fast decaying; the day will come when it will break pathetically to pieces. Then the old stone gods will rise from unremembered ruins and rub the dust of a thousand years from their eyes, and Thor will leap to life at last and bring down his gigantic hammer on the Gothic cathedrals.”
This will happen again, another turn of the wheel.

YA and children's novels are mostly based on marketing. If you think the current zeitgeist is easy-to-read consumerism rather than anything else, I suppose you're right. But there's really no philosophical underpinning of Harry Potter or John Green, I feel like people pointing out the liberal ideas in it are retarded, that's simply the author's personality permeating through.

Marxism is the best method of analyzing society. Material conditions shape all history, and great individuals only make do with what the forces of production have allowed them.

Post-structuralism's whole game is rejecting macronarratives and even the concept of empirical truth, but this doesn't get us anywhere or even offer many particularly new insights about humanity.

I'm convinced that Foucault and Butler rose to prominence mostly because they offered various ways of understanding parts of society that were not associated with the big bad Soviet Union

That's not an analytic framework. It's a mindset or field of study.

However, you're correct that a lot more future academic literature will come from the Asian literati.

>Marxism is the best method of analyzing society.

comfy prose

Probably meta-modernism, or transmodernism depending on what academic journals you read.

Revolution

post-modernism is just s set of loosely defined ideas that float around in academia and various circles of intellectual fuckery...... it doesn't exist.

In a very real way modernity exists and prevails in the ways we think of ourselves, of others and how we live our everyday lives. You could maybe argue that we live in an era of hyper-modernity.....but we do not live in post-modern times. A better question would be to try and idendtify which aspect of modernism will eventually become surpassed.

Also, as anyone who has had much to do with the sharp end of academia will tell you, the so called "post debates" are old hat and are viewed as a concern of the early 90's.

In short, to adopt the terminology of oldschool chan culture:
>this thread is dildos.

Don't bother replying to this post. I'm not going to read any replies. I didn't even read any posts in this thread

the dark enlightenment

Nice google translate

The only two historically correct answers. We are living in a post-postmodern or, perhaps, meta-modern world. The question is what comes after these two systems?

Decay.
For the majority at least.
Literature will be a response to decaying of middle and lower class lifestyle and it's continued commoditization.

There will be a separate literature movement among the elites which will be basically a new decadence novement.

This is after the elites can stop playing the egalitarian narrative and show their true belief in superiority.

Two class responses to decay.

>Nuclearism
then Middle Age

new sincerity

So you're admitting to being a retard. Okay. The first step towards getting your life together requires acknowledging that you've been brainwashed by iconoclastic jews who actually hate you and have infused you with these ideas to make you a useful idiot that will contribute to the destruction of your own society.

Name a better framework.

Marxism gives you a toolset that's universally applicable to analyzing society because Karl Marx was the first to really comprehend the ways in which material forces shape society and politics.

NeoDarkAge

>The first step towards getting your life together

stopped reading there

go to bed Jordan

not better.... but I don't think you can completely discount, for want of a better phrase, psychological structures. I wouldn't be the first to wonder what marx would have written if he came to intellectual maturity in an environment marked by freud and his descendants

The destruction of class society is what I'm hoping for, user. You're brainwashed because you are unable to recognize the significance of material factors on history.

Liberals and fascists and traditionalists and Islamists all obsess over various ideological abstractions that revolve around their specific idea of virtue, when any kind of empirical analysis makes these worldviews fall to pieces.

There has to be some asslord to take a long hard look at the philosophers and -phies of the past whatever years, read thru them carefully, review it all and find something in common between them to then finally try and bring erything under some new term.

It'll prolly be called bugeasyonthecarrotism.

Your whole intellectual architechture is dependent on jewish thought. You're a puppet and a parrot.

really got him there, buster

neo-feudalism

cheers buddy

Moomin was written in Swedish.

Post-National

Cool review but I'll stick with my s'awesomed tendies thanks

postmodernism is just a (minor) subgenre of modernism

reminder that literature is advanced by the individual vision of talented artists, not letzter-mann academics weighing and classifying works of genius in their cubbyholes

we have to figure out how to write long poems of structured verse again lads. the trail went cold after faust II

Cultural suicide.

jordan peterson

>the trail went cold after faust II

orly

myabe not muh jordan..... but mediums like yootoob and yootoobers reducing a complicated world to bitter soundbites will undoubtedly weaken the codex and, thus, long form writing/literature (which has provided modernism with the the coal to fire its engine).

Everyone's just getting louder and more retarded.

Reactionary archaeo-futurism

Hyperrealism

Pre-Fabricated Meta-Intrinsicism, naturally.
Prefab Metaint for short.

Meta-modernism, post-postmodernism, and new sincerity aren't real things so people should stop mentioning them. New sincerity is *maybe* a half step between postmodernism and the next thing, but it's not something in and of itself. The next movement will involve national REnewal, REassertion of racial identity among whites, and a REconstruction of western culture. This has only recently begun and still needs a name, one that preferably starts with -re. It is also the natural progression here, will be monumental, and undo much of the harm postmodernism did, which many whites remain emotionally tethered to, to the point where they won't accept the reality of what's coming, which is what I'm talking about. You can't stop it either. It's already here.

Postmodernism was ushered in by the emerging Neoliberal socioeconomic model in the '60s and '70s. Given that that model hasn't been changed, or rather has just accelerated, since then, we won't get any sort of new "Modern" until it collapses or evolves into something else. Thankfully that seems to be coming pretty soon.

See: Mark Fisher, Deleuze, Debord

neo-modernism

What's this

a man can dream user, a man can only dream..

A return to Romanticism

The new thing always feels like "postmodernism," which is why no one can describe it.

You're all fucking plebs. Speculative Realism is where it's at.

Actual lit

Neo-romantism: semi ironic nature poems about a complicated relation to one's own soul

Fucking NEW SINCERITY.

My GOD please kill me already, it's like everybody's 11 and just had their first few drinks.

it is the collapse of isms your retard

this

but that's a meme...or at least a shit-tier advertising prop used by the paris review.

glue your hands together and hang yourself you insufferable, impressionable brainlet

>lets take a bunch of authors that have nothing in common and put them into an arbitrary grouping so that we can market them to soyboys.

i just learneded the term "soyboys" last week and I use it everywhere... i dont even know what it means, but I like it

Post Ironic Sardonicism

Anti-Realism
Misconstructionism

Soy increases estrogen levels so it's a term that describes effeminate, beta-orbiting numales who are too weak and stupid to understand the jewish problem.

it just makes you grow bitch tits. guys with bitch tits can see through jewish fundamentalism...... look at your average /pol/tard for example

The renuissance

Sexual Marxism-Eliot Rodgerism

This is the correct answer; yet it goes ignored.

the truth is that the world will never progress passed 1997, that was the peak. Now, we are in the very fledgling years of the ruination. Which is fine, nothing should last forever

Came here to post this

You and about 5 other high schoolers.

>what sort of literature will people reach for, in those sorts of circumstances, I wonder . . .
The Greeks

neo-romanticism
any votes?

itt brainlet shit takes

boy you know it