Lesser known epics

are there any great epic poems that don't show up on the list you get when you google them.

i've just searched this pic and this is one of the best things i've seen on the internet

ossian

thank you it is the crown gem of my collection

In Parentheses by David Jones

Modernist epic poem about fighting in WW1

i am reading it but having a hard time. the way it is written is difficult to follow but i am enjoying much of the reference to welsh epics. do you have any tips on better understanding the way it is written

I've been shilling this book on this board in any thread which it might remotely be relevant to but never had a response.
Glad i've seen someone else appreciate it. One of the best works in the English language imo

have you read his other work the anathema is it as good.

Not user you replied to but my advice is sheer intellectual effort. Some parts I would re read 4 or 5 times before I got it

Haven't read it. Always meaning to get round to it but never do. Not even sure what it is about

i usually stop every chapter for everything i read and write down what i just read after wards

holy heck pessoa wrote an epic

We did it reddit!

oh come on it is funny

Yeah it is actually, I was just being rude

i know i wasn't really upset i just wanted to bump the thread

Understandable, although I think your question has already been answered the best it can be

i am sure there are other unlisted epics and little known epics

Paterson

That's on the Wikipedia list

Haugtussa

is this any good at all. tell me about it

My diary desu

you son of a bitch