Jung

Where to start with him.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_and_Alchemy
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

false father archetype, first section of Archetypes and the Collective Unconcious

you can start by eating my asshole

the trash

>t. Freudian pervert (or soulless physicalist if you're a fan of modern psych)

Man and His Symbols
Dreams, Memories and Reflections

Then proceed to whatever seems interesting

t. 14 year old

Start at his toes, then slowly slide up the arch of his foot, around his ankle, and then slowly up the inside of his thigh.

His anus?

What is your specific boggle with Jung?

memories, dreams, reflections is a good starting place

after that i'd check out modern man in search of a soul or man & his symbols

came here to post this. the fact that so many pseud are promoting him should be a red flag.

From what I've seen Jung haters are a bunch of pseuds themselves who haven't actually read his stuff and are just reacting against JP's bastardized perspective on his ideas.

contd. Although Jung himself took many of his ideas about archetypes from platonic/Aristotelian forms and from others like Keppler, Schopenhauer, his view of the human mind is still the most complete of any recent psychologist, and is almost certainly valid in that it can be applied successfully for practical self help purposes (once again, not in the way JP preaches, but through understanding of actual Jungian terminology such as the Shadow, Anima/Animus, etc.)

Let me save you some times
you are your SELF
Life is statistic
..ta da
oh yeah and y are sometimes real bad and you have a weaboo to put you to sleep

As someone that began on his philosophy, I am now proud to say that I find him to be a creep. Freud is far more helpful and easy.

did he really prophesied ww1?

OP don't pay attention to the Jung detractors, they are the mass-educated unthinking majority; Plebs always have a century of latency when it comes to intelectual matters. Such claim is easily proved with the case of scientism.
Jungian psychology changed the world and is the precursor to quantum physics and holographic theory of consciousness, just to name a few. The new paradigm articulates itself around these ideas. The books cited above are all great introductory works by Jung. I advise you to start reading them, then proceed to the less clinical works of his, which are a lot more complicated to a non-analyst (Such as psychology of transference).

What specifically is wrong with how JP portrays them?

????

Man and his Symbols is a book written by the man himself and some other experts in analytic psychology, in it they tried to explain his ideas as to laymen, so it's an obvious starting point.

Jung draws ALOT from Nietzsche. In fact, skimming back through Modern Man in Search of a Soul, he basically rephrases Nietzshean ideas.

The Red Book. There's also one called "The Complete Psychology of Carl Jung". I most enjoyed Seven sermons To The Dead.

I have started with "Archetypes and the Collective Unconscious"

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychology_and_Alchemy

I thought I'd put as much work into refuting your critique as you did in writing it.