Who here /middlebrow/?

Who here /middlebrow/?

I've tried to appreciate high lit but it just can't compete with the pleasure of a comfy Steinbeck or Ishiguro novel. Who are your middlebrow favourites?

>who here /sneakdiss/?

>implying rustic style = middlebrow
kys

>rustic style
>Ishiguro
wut

who cares about ishiguro? He only got the nobel prize because the committee are contrarian as fuck

>Who here /middlebrow/?

I am. Love me some Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Hermann Hesse, Cormac McCarthy, and, yes, even Jon Franzen.

There's nothing more characteristic of a pseud than using the "browness" categorization.

You're in a /middlebrow/ thread. We don't mind being 'pseuds', though 'pseud' is generally a word used by 'pseuds' who are unable to express themselves articulately.

>We don't mind being 'pseuds'
Of course you do. Your passive aggressive commentary on the matter is fairly transparent.
>We
Please, go back to plebbit.

>>We
>Please, go back to plebbit.
He's obviously referring to we /middlebrow/ guys in this thread, you low-brow turd.

what would be the definition of middlebrow?

What's highbrow literature?

t. avid midcult fan

>t. pointless pseud

Is Flannery O'Connor Middlebrow?

Joyce, Proust, the list could go on

>highbrow
things I read
>middlebrow
things you read that I like
>lowbrow
things you read that I don't like

No because she is woman. Woman only write good bok otherwise how womean get is published

>Prize winning author
>Wins another prize
>"They gave him the prize because they're contrarian"
Do you know what that word means?

But it won't, because we don't know anyone else, as we aren't interested in anything more than rereading Paul Auster

/lowbrow/ with a few textbooks added in right here

Are the likes of Bioy Casares and Stanislaw Lem and Bruno Schulz and Raymond Carver middle brow? Cuz I eat that shit with a spoon.

>Bruno Schulz
high brow

>a celebration of marriage and its saucy twin, adultery, the only important subjects of middlebrow fiction, saving God Himself and His America

Gore Vidal

The definition of high vs middle brow seems pretentious and unhelpful. That being said, Lem is high brow sci-fi

>high brow sci-fi
That's an oxymoron.

>who cares about ishiguro?
me

>bingereading bukowski and henry miller with a bottle of tequila

It's a comfy life desu. Tonight I'm reading random chapters of Trout Fishing in America while drinking one of these