A novel

So I'm thinking whether to share the first twenty pages or so of my first novel with the world. I've no clue how to go about publishing it yet and I hope there is no copyright claims involved in posting on Veeky Forums.

Other urls found in this thread:

lmgtfy.com/?q=writing forum
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

i see.

hmmmm

I mean of course that I would like to receive some information on budding authors publishing their novels.

I'm pre-emptively cringing

At the book?

In Nothing, in a way, eternal since when there were no colours nor shades, of reality or colour. In a divine moment at the beginning of Time, existence became out of nothing, a point dividing it between what preceeded Nothing capable of understanding and Life itself, or the Time since it's beginning.
It was wrought in sight that knowledge takes shapes, comprehensible or clouded within an expanding infinity of understanding of matters, ones one might seize within words, or perhaps not. The possibility of space became a world for the soul of Nothing to travel. The centre of the universe marking the flamewrought sapling of material and natural life.
To explain Nature the matters of primal life and it's divinely aesthetic ualities or, perhaps, properties would have to be brought up. A tiny seedling covered in it's armour of bark embraces life in water just like an unborn being grows up in it's parent's vital sources. The tiniest shard of rock reminding of a body's or a tree's unseen structure. The industry of sight and will.
Nature itself woven together with the Faerie beside the elements, inside reality as it took shape together with Time in the mind of a newborn soul capable of understanding and thought. Soon, and so instantly since the beginning, this being decided to be known as Gahbreeil, inspired by the possibility of material life and it's creation, the human race.
What seizes the very essence of feeling that might be felt because of existence is asarlai or what binds the world together, the set and final will of divinity to establish life as something in all manners of speech, final. The world, altought material in the way that it functions primarily on such aspects, is in fact much more ethereal as the existence of the 'worlds' of the elements proves. Titanic spheres of primal will in the form of Water, Earth, Fire and Air being in fact very empty of form in their infinity. The universe became a husk left by Nothing.

Any comments, at all? It is a fantasy novel attempt at high fantasy.

Jesus fucking christ. Terrific bait, friend.

At the likely quality of the writing and the likely reaction.

Reads like Heidegger fed through Google Translate a few times.

I am Asarlai, said Gahbreeil. I am the Sorcerer.
Asarlai, sorcery in the speeches of the races, became an extension of divine will, as simple as the movement of hands. The passage of events can be described as kinesse, not exactly time, but the appearance of events in thought. The day and night marked by morn and eve, middles of both as well. The suns, moons and stars became in Asarlai, not sorcery midst the air to be seen but in the world itself. Vision of what can be in the infinity of possiblities bound in what we can see.
This marks the end of the Black Book of Bree.

End of Prologue
Asarlai

It's my own writing, I'm polish and decided to write in english purely because I'm inspired by Tolkien to this point that I'm writing.

lmgtfy.com/?q=writing forum

But is it so bad that I need help or are you suggesting that a writing forum would be better suited than a fantasy forum for me with my needs?

fucking kek
OP if you want to go the route of a Nick Land-style theory-fiction sort of work I could certainly see its appeal. It's a bit too... onerous for your classic style of high fantasy. I'd bet money the average fantasy reader wouldn't be able to get though it.

I'd say trying to read Tolkien is onerous as well, seeing as he was a soldier and it's not visible in his work. The original Mythos can be hard to read in school as well.

It's not all that, it's just the prologue. I'm trying a novel following the appearance of the races trying to stick away from conversations and focusing on descriptions.

I think another issue might be comprehension of the English language. You're Polish, right OP? You have a huge vocabulary but your sentence structure and grammar could use some work. Maybe stick to Polish for now and look to get it translated, or work a more on your English syntax.

work a bit more*
Sorry, posting from my phone.

Can trying to attempt a more medieval sounding writing be a problem?

Why don't you write in Polish? Tolkien wrote in English and his book was a celebration of England's ancient culture and myths. You could do something similar for Poland. I don't see why writing in English would make the book any better.

It is a celebration of the fantasy genre or how I see it and of my relation to Tolkien's work. Besides that, the Polish mythos is basically not attractive to me even though I do enjoy the Witcher and some other polish fantasy. I was hoping for a bigger audience for my first novel as well.

I like it but a lot will depend on how the story will hone in. I think there is value you are polish writing english, because it could be weird. Also dont forget to put images, colors, sounds in general.

Tolkien also wrote the Hobbit. Most readers never even make it to the Silmarillion. If you want a bigger audience I'd lean more towards the Hobbit for the early works than the Silmarillion. Although I'm the person who thinks it could work more along the lines of theory-fiction anyways, fuck having a big audience write what you need to write.

I've read the Silmarillion, and even have the Unfinished Stories but have not finished reading that particular book. I've also read the Lord of the Rings in english.

Asarlai
Chapter I : The Beginning
As the world begun, just like anything needs to begin to be, folk appeared beside the animals and magical creatures. These folk would prove to be the unaware court of a God giving birth to himself. The gnomes and humans of the planet Archeios appeared in groups large and small to inhabit a world too vast to traverse or investigate in a lifetime. It was divine will to travel and live among his first children.
And so, Gahbreeil woke from his slumber beneath an oak tree situated upon a single hill amidst meadows and plains somewhere in the wilderness. His childlike figure nestled between majestic roots. Yawning he rose slowly taking in his surrounding, everything seemed right just like it should, it was after all the beginning of time. Not a soul to be seen anywhere, these particular plains empty of animals, the sky clear of birds, however clouded.
In his hands a long wooden pipe came to be and soon after it came to be filled with weeds that could be smoked for pleasure or comfort. Less was needed to fill the lungs of a smaller creature, something just as logical as the appearance of the pipe. Lighting the contents of his filled pipe by fire at fingertip, he inhaled strongly while still lying beneath the majestic oak. A great cloud of smoke making way for the adventure to be. For it was sure to be an adventure, the life of this particular being.
To describe the image of Nothing, it was in the form of his creations, the living beings granted with life almost equal to his own. Legs, arms, a head with hair past the neck. His hair was golden and reaching past the shoulders. However he was too young for facial hair. His face was a noble one, gentle features and a long jaw set with a triangular chin. Teeth white and straight. But he was not naked of course and on that spring afternoon he was wearing long leather boots, linen shirt and pants. Clothes simple as can be, shirt with puffed up sleeves and pants held up by a belt. His eyes were a deep shade of gray.
Were his creations gifted with clothes at the morn of their lives? They were not children and so they appeared with suitable equipment for their settling of the world. But it was somehow not on this young lad's mind, nothing was as he enjoyed moments of peaceful clarity lying on the ground.
Standing by now, he slowly paced down the hill the oak was growing on, making his way to the plains proper. He was headed somewhere amidst nowhere, an adventure in a world empty of events on his mind. Going for a walk had all the qualities of an adventure and it seemed the only thing to do beside resting and waiting for things to happen. Walking was sure to make things happen and so, Gahbreeil set on his way, his pipe disappearing somewhere along the way.

one bump post for good measure and I guess I'm done here

Terrible. Keep it up. Don't stop working on this till you have 10k words. Then immediately delete it and try again.

Literally any time you publish something it makes it relatively unpublishable elsewhere. This includes Veeky Forums posting. A snippet from a novel is okay but you are assuming some risk. Better to show it in the form of an image on your post or in some kind of doc or pastebin that can expire. Not even sure if those are truly safe but this is just my advice.

Considering it usually sucks when natives try it, yes. The fact that you used three ing words in that question alone is troubling. It makes sense but it's not optimal English.