Tfw oldfag

>tfw oldfag

What the fuck happened to this board? It has become indistinguishable from reddit. Gone are the days of quality posts and discussion. It’s time to leave this place for good.

Bye, no one cares.

It has been occupied by leftypol

arrogant students and neomarxists turn the whole wide world into reddit

>leftypol
You realise nearly no leftists actually go there. It's a shithole. I doubt anyone with a uni education goes there. How 'bout you realise leftism has a strong political tradition and many of its arguments win over people?

>tfw '05 fag

shut up

Pleb pride

No user the wool is being pulled over your eyes by the kikes, niggers, muslims and sjws.

>it's a year old "oldfag" complains about his honeymoon period being over episode

Veeky Forums was always the most leftist board until the Trump election and Jordan Petersonfags and there was a mass exodus away

if anything leftypol emerged from lit

/co/ was the most actually. lit was a mixed bag with most people awkwardly stroking people's egos when asked where they stand.

4 Chan has always been counter culture.
Conservatives are now main stream hence the paradigm shift.

See this is the problem of America: being counter culture is mainstream.

I assume that you are a liberal?

Currently conservatives believe that liberals are mainstream, but liberals believe that conservatives are mainstream. This is a huge issue.

>leftypol
>relevant
Pick one

You assume wrong, I'm a centerist. The most counter culture thing around.
And, no conservatives are the majority in major country's.
Look at brexit, poland, USA, Russia
The list goes on.
Even Japan had some nationalists coming back calling for the emperor to retake power (he didn't he)
Conservatives are the flavor of the next 8 years.
Just take your victory and be happy about it.

Counter culture isn't a problem, lack of political education is.

being liberal is conservative these days. if you are fighting to restore the western intellectual tradition, you are "right wing". if you are rebelling against this tradition (social constructionism) you are left wing. i think this is where the confusion comes--it's just labels. most likely "liberals" and "conservatives" agree on a lot more than they realize

Thanks for another quality post that's sure to start a quality discussion

Reader beware

Reddit is that way

>Currently conservatives believe that liberals are mainstream, but liberals believe that conservatives are mainstream. This is a huge issue.
That was pretty well-put.

>not remembering moot-era Veeky Forums has Veeky Forums, Veeky Forums, /leftypol/ in one
Get off my board newfag

Yeah.
I don't consider myself an oldfag but I've been here for a couple of years and I have noticed a decline in quality of threads.

I think there are three major problems with Veeky Forums right now:
1- Philospohy: I get that philosophy books are literature and that almost every grand piece of literature has some philosophical insight worth considering BUT, most of the time people don't even discuss books or the ideas behind it, they just discuss the ideology of the author which devolves into pol-tier politics discussion.
This can be solved by creating a board for philosophy exclusively or perhaps banning those types of threads. Maybe move them all to Veeky Forums.
2-Mods: Mods seem only to care when threads are about explicit non-literature themes like a booktuber thread or a harassing op.
Mods need to get their shit together
3-Peterson: This connects to the two previous points. Peterson or other philosopher threads are never about literature. Mods don't seem to care even if there are 5 Peterson threads on the board at the same time. If there was a /phi/ board then we would never see Peterson threads unless they talked about his books.

Other than that there are no problems on Veeky Forums. Is just a change in the zeitgeist.

>Redditors still trying to convert Veeky Forums.
Veeky Forums is always counterculture and the culture for the past years have been left, thus this site has always been right wing.

this, absolute rip

Remember when newfags actually lurked and didn't try to get everyone to be as retarded as them?