Start with the Greeks

Start with the Greeks
Continue with the Romans
Proceed with the _______

Fault In Our Stars - John Green

Culture of Critique Series

>Short answer: Medieval philosophy. Most of Christendom, really, but you should also read some Muslims like Averroes since he's important for bringing back Aristotle to Europe.

Well, once you get to the point where the Western Romans collapse (latest should probably be St Augustine), you have to read the Eastern Romans plus the Franks once they emerge. I'm gonna read Einhard's biography of Charlemagne in Latin soon then move on from there to Aquinas - not sure what is in the interlude.

>Not starting with the Sumerians

>. I'm gonna read Einhard's biography of Charlemagne

You really shouldn't bother, he was no impressive figure. Just a Nigger swinging his dick around

It was the cheapest Reclam book I could find in Latin. Besides, I love the Frankish period. Italo Calvino's Nonexistent Knight piqued my interest.

scholastics

Start with the Greeks
Continue with the Romans
Proceed with Christian Theology

Medieval Christianity, concluding with the Divine Comedy

300 bitches, where the Trojans?

I don't know how it's going to be taken, but

What is Arabs?

Assuming you have gained knowledge of the bible and early church fathers some time during your focus on the Romans.

I want to be roughly fucked by both of them.

Greek armour is more aesthetic than Roman though.

Germans

Spartans

The trivium: grammar, logic, and rhetoric.

Start with the Greeks proceed with the Romans while also reading pre-Roman western literature. Move onto Medieval/Byzantine literature. Followed by Renaissance and so forth till you get to modern day.

The Trojans

The hebrews.

It'd only take you about two hours

Is there a point in reading Muslim philosophers if you're already familiar with the Greeks?

Scholastics and neoplatonists.

This. Proceed with the scholastics.

How the fuck am I supposed to start with the Greeks if I have been reading classics since age 13!?

It’s never too late to start with the Greeks.

>Old Testament.

>Early christian and later Roman writers, Augustine, Plotinus, Orosius, Sicca, Eusebius, Boethius, Abelard, Porphyry, Clyde Pharr, Cassian.
>The Chinese and Arabs. You can skip them; they're retarded, except Mencius.
>Then Erasmus, Pico, Petrarch, Machiavelli, some other guys . . . I guess some of Luther and Calvin.
>Then you have all of the Enlightenment, starting from 1600s.

And with Clyde Pharr, I mean the The Theodosian Code.

>muh muslims kept Aristotle and brought him back

How is this meme still spreaded?

>starting with the sumerians
>not the pre-neolithic cave paintings

Persians

Harry Potter.

Aegyptusphia

>green arrows

>Not starting on mars

as anons pointed out, medieval theology. after done with augustine and thomas, return to the greek