Cover thread

Good covers thread?

Other urls found in this thread:

foliosociety.com/shop
youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

FS usually have good covers, though some can be WAY too garish, like this for instance

Their dune one is alright

My personal copy of their print of meditations

> blue eyes
> photograph cover

looks like a promo for a syfy-original tv movie

Simple, basic, classic.

got that straight-to-epub aesthetic

Found this last week

>Mom's fishing for husbands – But the girls are hunting for love...

Simple, boring, uninspired, uninspiring

That's fucking beautiful

>dude

has anyone here read this? it's only in italian right? i've seen this pic a few times and it's always so fucking good looking

also
>tfw no sweet edition of IJ for anglos

thats brilliant, is there extant a series of similarly jacketed books available for purchase?

I though this was a painted wooden brick when I saw it for the first time in the bookstore

Look at the subtlety... the minimalism...

That's like every other hackett classic you noob

You wanted me to post all of 'em? I can enjoy an aesthetic from a publisher, you darned cuckold.

I love this cover, which is confusing because every other Wordsworth I've got/seen is absolutely laughably bad

The kind of cover more fit for a gothic novel, and rightfully so, Gormenghast should hardly even be counted as /sffg/

NYRB always have solid covers

Found this copy of omoo at Powell's in Portland. Books made by The heritage club

One of the illustrations inside

goddamn. where did you get it from?

best in this thread.

Folio society, they don't sell it anymore I'm afraid

foliosociety.com/shop

to be h, any of the classic Barnes and Nobles editions.

doesn't get better

wow he wasn't lying that whale really is fucking HUGE

You mean like the Wordsworth edition I have

that's really fucking picturesque but Rocinante is WAY too healthy looking

The faces are pretty badly super imposed too. Can't tell too much customers I couldn't find a clearer image

ya it seems there's no hi-rez version of that one
this one really resonates, though

I literally will not buy a book if it doesn't have a good cover

>he buys books

>it's only in italian right?
No, it's also in German. It hasn't been translated in other languages because it's 1000+ pages and translators are lazy outside Europe. But it's very good.

youtube.com/watch?v=RrkzIN2eP0U

Same dude, I'd rather just get an e-book if I can't find a decent cover of something in particular. I don't want that ugly ass shit hanging on my self

Old Wordsworth editions genuinely had good covers. It's the new ones where some reason they've dumped using public domain art and started using failed mock up photoshop posters for Lifetime movies.

Genuinely could be worse

Why tho? I would have no problem buying them if they were halfway decent covers but I just physically can't stand the sight of some of them.

Agreed, I don't get it either, all I can assume is maybe they had a change in management or something. I'm thinking of emailing them on why their covers are so dreadful

Same...

Have you read it? Sounds like some nice obscure shit.

This is what books should look like.

Very nice

Grandissimo.

This is one of my personal favorites.

I love having the same edition for an entire author, to the point where I spent a year putting off buying a Mishima book because I couldn't find a consistent edition between them all that was still for sale

I really fucking love the way it looks. Like all of Camus works, or all of Vonneguts works, or the older Vintage editions of Murakamis works. I've even gone so far as to sell books that people gave to me as gifts because they weren't the right edition. Sad I know, but it's too satisfying having nice looking books

that one is in portuguese. Was VERY surprised when I saw that edition in my local public library here in brazil.

I find the meme trilogy actually very good looking, especially GR and Ulysses

also another beautiful cover of a brazilian edition, one of my favorite ulysses covers
>hardcover, beautiful dark green tone, golden shiny details

only ugly thing is Ul'i'sses instead of Ulysses

>extant
I see what you did there. DFW certainly had a tableau of words he liked to use.

Sure this is nice looking, but I don't think it accurately reflects the tone of the novel at all.

Most Iconic

Not a real cover

Yeah, the original really is perfect, very iconic and very recognizable. Seeing other covers is just awful. Same with pic related

>publishing a 300 page book in 2 volumes
for what purpose?

profit?

No poetry faggs here?

I like the SF Masterworks cover

I like this cover better but i like last night better in terms of content.

Look like shit

My Dick or the Whale would've been better

Neat image, but it doesn't strike me as fitting

I think it makes sense. In practice they feel like two separate books.

Every single piece of art produced for this series was perfect. I wish serious literature got the same kind of love from graphic designers that children's stuff does.