Reading silently

>reading silently

Please tell me you guys don’t do this...

What the fuck else is there to do it faggot. If you read and you mumble your lip slightly then you're retarded. I hate people who have the habit of moving their lips while reading a text message or a book or anything for that matter.

Grow up. Children read aloud, children need to move their lips to get words from paper to brain, children need to be read to, working functioning humans scan with their eyes and process with the brain. Don't silly if you're attempting to troll use a different topic you soy boy dick sucking hick.

">reading silently"
Get a grip.

>being this angry
Were you molested by someone who reads aloud?

>not dictating poetry on public transportation

I read general narration in my Mickey Mouse voice, and whenever there's dialogue I alternate between Goofy and Donald Duck.

the virgin silent reading

Did literate people in the first few centuries all read aloud? Why was it so remarkable that someone didn't?

Manuscript culture up until the Mid 17th/Early 18th Century meant that reading to yourself generally wasn't very popular. Oral recitation to a group was usually how you read, and Augustine speculated (not in my OP quote) that the reason Ambrose read silently was so brainlets wouldn't stop him to ask questions about the text he was reading.

Probably exactly how Ambrose did it too user

>Oral recitation
As opposed to what? Anal recitation?

Funny.

Huh, I had heard before that reading without talking was considered a talent back in the middle ages.

>he doesn't fart out the syllables of his favourite poems to an audience of his esteemed peers and friends

There is nothing more arrogant, more attention seeking, than reading silently.

>he doesn’t brap the bard

Poetry is meant to be read aloud. Hell, any well-composed document can and should have that quality.

>not training yourself to turn off subvocalization

w-what
is this a real thing??

Personally, I like to imagine the voices of Alvin and the Chipmunks, or sometimes, Rocky and Bullwinkle, with Boris and Natasha, as apropos.

I read silently, but I think I should've kept reading aloud. I read pretty fast, and I guess when I speak now, my mouth can't keep up with the thoughts in my head so I stumble over myself a lot. Or maybe I just can't fucking speak properly.

>virgin silent reader vs. chad vocalizer

I don't subvocalize, I observe the words around me and let them paint me with their meanings and emotions

>when someone properly grills OP so you don't have to

salutations comrade

I don't subvocalize, so I can listen to 2 audiobooks while I read. I have to use headphones or I find it overwhelming, one audiobook for each ear. Typically I'll listen to non fiction as less is lost in translation.

>not bellowing "Roland's ballad" at the top of your lungs riding a Segway in a mall

i've got some really good ideas to realize this meme
if only i weren't drunk, and incredibly unmotivated in all facets of living, i might just go through with making it

>">reading silently"

jesus H christ, he put the meme arrow in quotes
truly a famous FPBP

>grills
negro pls, fp got baited hard. this whole thread is memeing

relax dude
pop in a xannie and drink some beer

>pop a xannie
no thanks, african american popular rap artist
i understand that you are sponsored by corporate prescription drug manufacturers and name-brand alcoholic beverage importers, but still i must decline, as i feel you are influencing me to treat my health badly

>this unironic soyboy autism
yikes

Rick and Morty fit every occasion because they're in the smartest show

I do it because I live in 2017

this kekled me

I love reading in their voices

the virgin reading vs the chad pronouncing

>chad vocalizer
hahahahaha

This is true, though, just think of it: vocalizer is always training his pronunciation which will make him infinitely bettet socialy than the silent reader who will have a hard time spelling his ideas out, which in turn will get an immediate repulsive reaction from all the girls guys so it's doube edged sword.

wats wrong w/ reading silently user?

Come on, reading with your mind isn't that hard.

*cums* oh god I just cumed everywhere oh fuck oh no *cums again* ahhh no help I can't stop cumming uuunnnnggghhhh *does a really really big cum that splatters all over me and on the floor* sshhiiiiiiitttt!!!!

The virgin audiobook listen vs the chad public oration

Do it for me user. Don't let me down.

how retarded

What speed to they play on?

please no

>Poetry is meant to be read aloud.
I'd like to hear Pound's Cantos read aloud. Would be an interesting experience.

Completely eliminating it is a meme, but you can decrease your conscious perception of it, which can help you read faster.

same, i also use my fingers to read books in braille, one in each hand

Reading out loud without fucking up every sentence is harder than reading silently and develops your speaking skills, brainlet.

yeah brainlet!
>executes a smug look

>tfw you realize you have two ears

Correct.

You must be really annoying to be around when you're reading a book

Ever heard of libraries? You know how they have those signs that say "be quiet please?"
They are referring to you and your inability to read a book with your mind
Do you also have to dance around to make music audible?

Pffft. Get a load of these fags
I listen to the koran in one ear and the torah in the other with open-backed headphones, make sure Homer's Odyssey is blasting on regular speakers in the background, and read the bible in braille in my left hand and the Upanishads in my right.

All while reading an ebook of Also Sprach Zarathustra with my eyes.

>he doesn't read two books at once. One with each eyeball.
Get on my level pleb