Last month I saw a guy jump In Front of a subway...

Last month I saw a guy jump In Front of a subway. Today a guys dog ran up to me and smelled my hand then bolted into traffic and got destroyed. The dude screaming and yelling at me "why didn't you grab her why didn't you grab her I told you to grab her". I had headphones didn't hear anything and didn't realize he wasn't in control of the dog off it's leash. He blames me for killing his dog. Any books for that feel? About how shitty and random life is? Or about shitty things that happen to a person that doesn't deserve to see this shit? I feel exhausted.

The Heart is Deceitful Above All Things

It's just a dog, mate.

I know but this guy was screaming at me and blaming me the entire time. It gets hit. He looks back at me and screams "YOU STUPUD MOTHER FUCKER". WHY didn't you grab her. Picks the dead dog up and is hugging it looks at me as I walk by "THANKS for helping". Like Jesus Christ I didn't kill your dog!

People are way too invested in their pets as ersatz children. Just take it as you would any insane person yelling at you.

Catch 22 is good for this, I think

He just needed someone to deflect the blame to in the first moment of shock when the realization of his mistake would have crushed him.

The (American?) habit of calling yourself your pet's 'mom' or 'dad' freaks me right the fuck out. There's a good chance they probably ripped the thing away from its actual mother at an early age. Seems like adding insult to injury tbph

The word 'projection' gets thrown around a lot around these parts, but I think this is actual literal real life projection.

This kind of thing happens all the time. People love blaming anyone and everyone for random events or even events that are their fault or responsibility.

I bet afterwards you had fantasies of yelling back, "It's YOUR dog! YOU are the one who had him off the leash, YOU are the one who didn't control him. I didn't know what was happening or even that he wasn't leashed I'm just a dude who was listening to music. YOUR DOG could have been after me or trying to bite me for all I KNOW. It's YOUR responsibility. And it won't hold up in court that I haplessly didn't know what was happening before you, irresponsibly, lost control of your dog in public and it got killed.

YOUR fault, now go cry salty tears over your dead dog while I laugh in joy and pleasure that such an asshole got what he deserved.

Yeah as he was yelling at me I just said fuck you man it's not my fault I had headphones I couldn't hear anything. I wanted to say it's his fault for not having a leash but I felt like that might be a little harsh.

When dogs replaced children in ads about the dangers of second hand smoke, I knew we were doomed.

man up

The master and margarita

It's just as harsh to blame a stranger for the death of your dog when you know for a fact it wasn't their fault.

It's pure evil and I fucking hate evil.

If you saw the dog and knew it was safe and didn't do anything you might share some guilt, but he'd share some too, and accidents happen in reality it's no one's fault and some assholes just need to blame another human being.

I saw a bumpersticker which read: "We love our grand-dogs!" Poor boomers are so blindsided by what they have created

That's not your fault, the guy was just understandably upset about his dog.

Woah easy there asahole. I held my tongue about telling him it was his fault. He will realize as soon as he goes to the vet or speaks with the person driving the car or in time on his own.

There are people in this thread who think they don’t overvalue dogs, but they’ll disagree with this: It’s worse to murder a single human than it is to kill every dog on the planet.

a) I said I bet you had 'fantasies of' which you did, because you posted immediately after my post.

I was picturing myself in your shoes and how I would have fealt afterwards, I wouldn't have said anything either. But I would have thought, fantastized, my my moment of anger about saying exactly that "I wanted to say it's his fault for not having a leash but felt it might be a little harsh".

What you said is exactly what I was saying, and then

b) I got angry on your behalf because I've been in those situations and you just bite my hand.

So I was actually on your side and caring about you and your situation, empathising, and you just call ME an asshole for taking your side and feeling for you and what happened to you.

So now you're just like dog guy, calling me an asshole for doing nothing wrong to you at all, for in fact, sympathising with what happened to you.

So thanks for calling me an 'asshole' and basically becoming the dog guy, projecting hate on me for what... supporting you? Showing I understand how that feels? Yah, thanks a lot.

I wouldn't actually laugh at his dog dying while he cried salty tears or anything. It was all just the angry fantasy part of my post, to express how you must have felt after he did that to you.

Saying that last line is going a bit overboard in the anger department, but I did say 'you must have fantasized' meaning, I thought you must have fantasized about being angry at him and telling him off, after he blamed such a horrible thing on you.

And then in the very next post you admited and said you DID think about telling him it was his fault for not having a leash, but you didn't because you thought it was harsh.

I would have done the same.

Sat there and took it and then felt angry later, and fantasise about telling him 'your fault for no leash' but wouldn't have actually said it or done it. Just to blow off the steam of my feelings of being blamed for something horrible I didn't do.

That's ALL my angry post was about.

And you called me an asshole for having sympathy.

So from my point of view, for being on your side and caring about you and what happened to you, my reward is you calling me an asshole.

Just like your reward for being in the wrong place at the wrong time was to be blamed for this other dudes dog's death.

It just goes in circles of human hatred. I really wish you didn't.

Okay I get it. Your not an asshole lol.

During a break in a weekend writer’s conference in Hawaii in 2007, David Foster Wallace was surfing with other conference attendees, when a small child was dragged under the waves and began to struggle to stay above surface. As his fellow authors rushed to help, Wallace held out an arm in front of them, stopping them and was reported saying by Jonathan Franzen, "The waves have claimed her, let her fight for her own life". The other novelists, dumbfounded, proceeded to watch her struggle until her body disappeared beneath the waves, lifeless. He was later spotted outside the child's house, making drowning gestures and thanking the family for their child's sacrifice to the great ocean.

You're in good company, OP.

Thank you, I appreciate it. And sorry what happened to you. Wishing you better luck in the future.

Objectively wrong, from a purely natural perspective. The extermination of a valuable companion species that provides countless emotional and practical services vs the death of one useless human?

Depends on the human.

>tfw you want to agree with this but you hate children and love animals
I get points for knowing I’m a sick degenerate

Possibly better than the electrical infetterence pasta/10

He lost his close, beloved companion. Even though you were not at fault, and you could not have done anything, he still needed to vent the anguish he was feeling. Just be glad it was a pet and not a kid, otherwise the court system would’ve tried to slap you with something related to negligence. It’s absurd.

Woah...DFW was ahead of his time

can you describe the dog, the Street?. it was empty?... why do you think he smell your hand?.

An Inspector Calls

Stone cold but absolutely the correct thing to do.

The dog looked like a mutt kinda the shape of a German Sheppard but yellow. The street is a busy 5 lane street in the suburbs. He came running pretty far away from the owner I thought he was just playing and he smelled me then just ran around and quickly into the road.

If you feel guilt, which you really shouldn't but if we all felt what we should or shouldn't things would be quite simple, then a good book for that feel would probably be The Fall by Camus. Similar circumstances drive the the protaganist

>Today a guys dog ran up to me and smelled my hand then bolted into traffic and got destroyed
Holy fuck this sentence is hilarious

This reads like a black comedy

>smelled my hand then bolted into traffic and got destroyed
KEEEEEEEEEEEK

the fall by camus

My new book will be called "blame for the death of a dog: or how the man who jumped in front of the subway won"

But seriously it's not funny. Poor guy got hit so hard his ears fell off. He had no ears after the crash they rubbed off on the ground in the impact

You should have made a video and posted it in rekt thread

Nah it happened so fast my man. Either way I feel really bad for the dog. I love animals. Stupid guy

I was joking, I also feel bad for the dog. Your sentence remains awfully hilarious though

child

you should sue him for not controlling his dog and putting you in danger when the dog attacked you by running up

you can prob get like 10k

>The extermination of a valuable companion species that provides countless emotional and practical services vs the death of one useless human?
That's all you could think of? Not that it would unbalance some fucking ecosystem or something, but that we would *abloo abloo* no longer have our furry fwens? Dogs are so useless that we've modified their purpose from shepherding, guarding, and hunting to sitting in our laps wearing human sweaters and watching our TVs. Seeing eye and disabled person companions are pretty much the only dogs that matter, and even they can probably be replaced with tech within twenty years. No one needs to talk to an animal when there's seven billion humans around.

shut up, dipshit!

Ordinarily I would be skeptical of a story like this, but with those digits, I have to believe that it’s true.

Alright, good luck quantifying the feels and finding when feels > human life. I'm sure that super-AI god is right around the corner. 5-10 years max. Def going to be a utopia when AI-god can do that math for us.

Murder implies the human isn't deserving of death.

Murrica!

Fresh copypasta? On my Veeky Forums?!

>He looks back at me and screams "YOU STUPUD MOTHER FUCKER".
Fuck these people. Should have busted his face open, is what I think. Only way he could ever see his dog again anyway.

Lol I told him to go fuck himself a few times. Felt kind of bad on account of his dog just getting obliterated but he was being a right prick.

based quads

what a fucking retard. walks his dog without a leash near traffic, it's like the interspecies darwin award

I really hope his dog didn't run out of the house though. I just assume he was walking it but I don't really know. I'll feel even worse if it just escaped. But he had a jacket on. If my cat ran out of the house I wouldn't stop for a jacket.

Honestly OP, knowing people like that, the dog probably wasn't so happy either.

books about war in general
political manifests or propagandistic books ARE NOT allowed

for next time, calmly walk over to his dead dog, wind up your leg, and kick the shit out of it before bolting

People are already killing themselves in record numbers, and you don’t sound too mentally healthy yourself. So yes, “furry fwens” serve an important social function in modern life. But if you’re a sociopath who views humans as robots and weak tools I can imagine you wouldn’t understand.

You’re overthinking this to the point of missing the point entirely.

it's not pure evil it's a naive evil

Can you imagine a smell so awful that would make you kill yourself within seconds? Poor dog and its ultra keen sense of smell: sometimes what we think of as a blessing is a deadly curse waiting to strike, isn't it?
Is there not a Greek tragedy about that? There ought to be.

It's more ignorant and illogical than evil. Pure evil would be using the dogs remains to conjure up an otherworldly being to curse OP for all time.

>all these animal hating neocons ITT
You make me sick. But this is what the modern age has done to us. We're so far removed from nature we think it's worthless. What a disgusting world.

You are mentally ill.

It's old, but fairly rare

I’ve come to expect it. So many people nowadays lack any sort of connection or love for the natural world and it’s creatures. Emotions are being drained from humanity if they don’t fit the proper consumerist framework.

It's not our fault we live in a time of economic instability. The Baby Boom happened because of the GI Bill and all that - now that the safety nets are getting torn out, children are tougher and tougher to actually get into a situation where you can confidently support them.
That being said, there's luckily no shortage of people.

Dogs are animals we have manufactured through artificial selection

Seeing Raindrops in Your Tears

Your mind is the garden
Your heart is the sun,
and we are little more
Than moments of time.
Floating along.
In waves of sound.
Sans gravity
Those who see
This. verily
Feel love.
Even when all
The others,
Pictures.
Are not coming in so clear.

So are numales. Do you honestly think numales would exist in the natural world

In the end. Forgiveness
Breaks. What could not be undone.

sounds like a real fuckin ass hole, hopefully he gets shot, or better yet stabbed

Waiting for Godot.