Non-Philosophical BS Thread

I would really like to discuss actual normal literature and not pretentious, philosophical babbling. So, what have you been reading that has NOTHING TO DO WITH PHILOSOPHY?

I finished The Time Machine awhile back, currently working on Up From Slavery by Booker T Washington, The Forgotten Man by Amity Shlaes, and about to start reading Bram Stoker's Dracula.

I'm a fag for non-fictional stuff for some reason. I need to read more fiction. Once I start I love it, but it's hard to start.

>reading positivist literature
>genrefag no less
>reddit spacing

I-is this a bait thread?

I've been thinking about reading Stoker's Dracula too. But for now I'm reading this.

It's great.

Absolutely not.

>Reddit spacing

I'm seriously sick of this stupid meme. This spacing started on chan sites because it was easier to read. Reddit stole it from us, you stupid newfag.

>Everything even tangentially related to science is POSITIVISM amirite (((goys)))?

m8 maybe stop reading things that were written as philosophical and moral discourses if you want people to stop bringing that up. maybe less eugenics and sexual repression stuff too.

How is Up From Slavery, an autobiography, any of those things?

>Look at me, I can refute any idea I don't like with just three brackets

>Autobiographies can't have philosophy or morality
>The story of a person doesn't contain the moral and philosophic views of the people he interacts with or himself
Maybe OP actually wanted to talk about Philosophy and this is his master ruse to get us to do it for him.

Bu I'm not and yes, "philosophy" can be found in ANYTHING, if you dig hard enough. Not the point of the post. I just want us to discuss stuff that we are reading who's main focus isn't philosophy.

Jesus, you guys just can't stop, can you?

>Bram Stoker's Dracula.
Tru-philosophy right there

>reddit spacing
You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs?

>I would really like to discuss actual normal literature and not pretentious, philosophical babbling.
Wrong board. Also, pretentious, philosophical babbling is pretty standard for most people who pretend to be interested in literature and come online to pose and blather about it.

># Paragraph 1 # You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs? You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs? You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs?

># Paragraph 2 # You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs? You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs? You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs?

># Paragraph 3 # You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs? You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs? You can't indent here nor there. How else do you want people to break paragraphs?
Get it right, newfag.

I just read the short "To Build a Fire" by Jack London, gotta say it's the first true man v. nature I've read and I thoroughly enjoyed it

Never heard of it. Is it a novel or like a bushman craft book, where it instructs you on how to survive?

Just a short fiction story. It follows a mans journey through the Yukon.

Same user, you can find it online for free. Only about 16 pages, it's a pretty good read

I'll check it out. Thanks anons

There isn't a single thing in this universe that has nothing to do with philosophy, brainlet.

t. fag

Your ignorance is showing.

Case in point, could there possibly be nothing of Philosophy of Ethics to be derived from OP's, "Up From Slavery," or nothing of Philosophy of Science, or, again, Ethics, to be derived from "The Time Machine," and how much can be inferred about the nature of man and the psychology of horror from "Dracula." I have not read "The Forgotten Man," but I can assure you, there is no such thing as a book with no philosophical implications - not even a book as rancid as Twilight.

OP's post was pure, undiluted brainlet-posting - as is yours.

The original Dracula is dope, trust me.

Jut finished LIt by Mary Karr. Some great thoughts on empathy and writing. I'm now onto Kindred by Octavia Butler.

up from slavery was literally written for the moral and educational improvement of african americans. it's why he got invited to the white house over it.
time machine was written specifically with wells' take on eugenics in mind. he's one of the big players in the start of the movement.
dracula is often cited as the apogee of victorian sexual moral repression and desire combined with eastern exoticism of the balkans. said wrote a whole book about that kind of thing and it's one of the easiest books to get an A in basic orientialism from if you're a fresher.
choose something which didn't sprout a whole political mass movement and philosophy and ever basic stoner moral question of the past century if you don't want to attract that crowd. there's more of them who've read all those books than you; they have after all had a whole century to get around to it, or at least more than two decades in the case of said quotations.

*every basic stoner question
not
>ever

Up From Slavery was not written for the moral and educational improvement of African Americans. It was written to tell the story of a prominent black figure.

Have you ever read it?

Just finished The Third Policeman. One of my favourite books. It's exactly as 'philosophical' as you want it to be.

Anything like it?

>too stupid to understand philosophy
>i-it's pretentious!!!

back to r3ddit

yeah it was, how did you miss that part of booker's life? hell, he even has an earlier ghost written autobiography when he first copped on to the idea. the whole thing is about his method of instilling manners and pulling people up from the bootstraps. it's like reading scouting for boys and not realising BP was terrified of sex.