What are some autobiographic books that made you hate its protagonist and writer?

What are some autobiographic books that made you hate its protagonist and writer?

>Pic related. I know it's a comic book, but I love how Craig Thompson really managed to make me hate him so much.

My diary

Knausgards trife ass memoir

Lolita

Post an entry, lad

This comic was weird in how the ending was so rushed. It seems like he forgot about the girl very quickly.

I read it too, just wondering, why?

That is a beautiful book, user. A very humble coming-of-age story. Did it, perhaps, hit too close to home for you? What is your real problem with it?

Not OP but the pacing of the story seemed off

The pacing was very off and the main character was just a whiny Christian

>10302223
The catcher in the rye
Diary of Anna Frank

its a fucking retarded awful book and the guy who wrote it is a dipshit

I hate how Craig and Raina could have found true happiness if they had stayed together but grew apart over bullshit reasons
I hate how Craig did not understand that Raina just wanted him to be less needy and to let her handle her shit
I hate how Craig did not understand that they were not fucking breaking up, and how they would be together after Raina's life got a little bit more stable
I hate all that disgusting cringy bullshit Craig told Raina (your pimples are sacred becaus ethey prove you're real, LOL)
I hate the bullshit excuse Craig found to reject Christianity
I hate how Protestantism and that Sola Scriptura shit led Craig to reject Christianity
I hate Craig's elitism saying that "I'm just passing through this life, lol, this ain't my body"
I hate how Craig seemed to censor Raina liking to party
I hate how Raina overthought her relationship with Craig
I hate how Craig was so needy towards Raina
I hate how somehow Craig and Raina's parents let him go live with Raina for two weeks
I hate how Raina's father did not beat the holy shit outta Craig for being a vegan hipster that deflowered his daughter
I hate how Raina and Craig just thought they could skip High School classes without big consequences
I hate how Raina just thought she could take care of everyone: Ben, Laura, Sarah...
I hate Craig for burning his drawings and the stuff Raina gave him
I hate Craig because I'm afraid of turning into someone like him if I don't restrain myself and have some self-awareness

>tfw you aren't elitist about a comic book and can appreciate it as a modern coming-of-age story that invokes feelings of familiarity for the uncertain and nerve-wracking inconsistencies of the human experience

Bump

i hate how fucking tumblr you are

stop posting

Oh undeniably Richard Yates by Tao Lin. I could barely finish it, just page after page of awful emotional abuse, so blatant and shameless too - I really really really really hope the worst parts are fictionalised, or at least exaggerations. It's not as though I held Tao in high personal esteem to begin with, I always knew he was pretty autistic especially with respect to relationships but this is really... too much. Makes me uncomfortable reading any of his other stuff at all.

That and a lot of Brett Easton Ellis stuff - like Less Than Zero etc. Now I know a lot of that IS fictionalized, but still... not enough

I thought so too, he also skipped over his spiritual journey, it's implied he becomes some kind of Christian deist but he doesn't get into it except for saying he likes Jesus.

It's a good graphic novel, but the author comes across as a bit pretentious. Not as bad as Epileptic though, that made me genuinely dislike its author. "I've got imaginary friends and I listen to classical music, I'm so artistic and much better than my brother who has mental problems".

>tfw you are no longer elitist about literature or life in general, find most people kind and worthwhile and acknowledge their struggles and complexity despite them being vastly different from you, and find that as you are more and more alienated from the hostility and faux-elitism of Veeky Forums, you feel more and more at home in the world

I think literature, after 4-5 years, finally cured me.

Thanks Veeky Forums, but now we have to part.

the guy who wrote Angela's Ashes has a brother named Malachy who also wrote a book. Malachy is a tremendous douche nozzle.

Wow, I liked Epileptic even more, and didn't find either author pretentious. Both seemed like the author was making himself exposed and vulnerable, a confessional tone rather than triumphant gloating.

It's been years since I looked at them, though, and maybe I misread them.

The guy who wrote Angela's ashes was a shite himself

t. latelate guy