Tfw you realize jordan peterson is turning christianity into judaism when he applies jungian/freudian analysis on the...

>tfw you realize jordan peterson is turning christianity into judaism when he applies jungian/freudian analysis on the bible

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis&t=444s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i was going to say shut the fuck up but the Jewish method of analysis, especially on their own myths and fables, is rather different to that of the Christians. this is the people that make midrashes. maybe you are on to something.

I've seen elements of that, but Logos alone pushes such doubts back into the mouth of Satan.

Every Gordan B Memerson talk is exactly the same, he just rambles about things, mention nazis communism, say how smart Solzhenitsyn, Dostoyevsky and Jung were, something about rats attached to springs proving morality exists blah blah blah

Is this a bot? I dont post here all to often.

Haha, brainlet.

Where are all of his deriders now that he was proven right this week? A woman was literally brought before of a tribunal of an accredited university for potentially breaking the Canadian human rights code for "questioning the identity of transgender students." Where are all of the people who called him conspiratorial now?

>>tfw you realize jordan peterson is turning christianity into judaism when he applies jungian/freudian analysis on the bible
Just read it again, retard.

The Bible? How in hell will me reading the Bible change anything?

you might be less of a turbo brainlet

>every talk is exactly the same
>they just ramble, mention some suff, say some other stuff, something about something else blah blah

Most speakers are able to talk about different topics without repeating the same tired anecdotes over and over

>a woman

Did you just assume dys gyndyr?

or mabye you are too dumb to see the nuances?

I've watched some YouTube excerpts from his lectures, and he's ok for a pop-philosopher / self-help guru / social commentator.

If you want deeper analyses on particular subjects - look elsewhere. The World doesn't start and end with Jordan Peterson.

he basically repeats the same anecdotes word for word

Flattery will get you everywhere

Can we get to the topic of the OP?

If look at the tools jews have used to interpret the talmud, they are very similar to the tools JP uses when he trie to draw meaning from the bible, while having it remain coherent. The resulting conception of meaning and things like "god" are very similar to the ways jews have viewn god for a long time. God being the archetypal conception of meaning/godness, as opposed to a personal anthropomorphized being.

great meme user

Maybe he repeats himself, but he's a professor and repeating stuff helps people remember -
the ultimate goal of education is teaching the students something they can remember and use.

not that user, but i listened to a lot of peterson's lectures, the rogan podcast appearances, other talks and stuff, at least 30 or 40 hours worth of content, and at this point i never ever hear him say anything i havent heard before, there's no point in watching any of his vids anymore unless its something topical

i still appreciate what he's doing for us especialyl being Canadian, he's the only person in canadian public life talking about anything real. this country is a joke

I agree with you on that - now and then he comes with a new and actually really groundbreaking point, but there is so much repetition between, so i get your point. To me it doesn't discredit him as a thinker - it just makes him more boring, especially if you watch sargon too who steals a lot of points from peterson.

I’m in the same position with respect to his topic. I think part of the problem is that he is still trying to widen his appeal so he has to reintroduce his ideas to people every time he speaks. I would like to see someone really challege his suppositions I am hopeful this will happen when he talks to proponents of Islam.

Part of what I like about Peterson is that none of his ideas are original: they have been part of western culture for a while now. He improved their delivery and made them accessible to the masses. That in itself is difficult but the fact his ideas are completely unoriginal gives him extra credence in my estimation. Still, they can’t be sufficient because that same western ethos gave birth to the ideologies that brought us to today’s degeneracy. Something is missing and I think part of it can be found by making a proponent of the west battle it out with someone of a truly different perspective. Hopefully someone with whom Peterson can have an actual dialogue instead of talking past each other like they did with Sam Harris the first time.

It will change you faggot.

>people who took a jung test and invade Veeky Forums with discussions about some self-help guru

>jung test

mbti is pseud lol and not even jung

Yeah man he just uses words and shit dude

>this entire post

Id venture to say the Jews have the right idea here. The best case scenario for western civilization is a soft transition to unified Christian spirituality rather than the hard death of evangelical religion.

I've never listened to anything from Peterson, but speakers will often speak about the same thing so that they can communicate their ideas to different audiences. They're giving the speech to the audience that is there at the time and can't assume those people have heard everything else they've said. It's not the same as a series of lectures.

If you read it properly it can change your perspective. Maybe after that you can change yourself, and possibly the lives of the people with whom you interact.

Is he worth listening to? I listened to him on Rogan as well as his debate with San Harris. He seemed a little rambly in some parts but he also made some decent points. I don't wanna watch 40 hours of video only to get memed on tho.

I got you covered senpai youtube.com/watch?v=07Ys4tQPRis&t=444s

I was wondering why the kikes love him.

He kinda sucks...
His Christ as an aspect/archetype of psychoanalysis is a bit new agey. It is not the answer, clearly.

Judaism does not at all correlate to Jungian theory. If anything Peterson is slightly Gnostic

I honestly think that's how lay christians see it, Christianity as a kind of child of the jews.

Some Protestants think that way. I'm not aware that anyone else does.

But is that how the Catholic Church sees it? What does Peterson think about Catholicism?

He's a teacher, his job is memorizing 20 lectures and repeat them every year. It's his profession to be repetitive.
His h3h3 podcast and bible videos are mostly very original.

Judaism is the most intellectual Abrahamic religion by far, it's a good thing.

Take the Khazar milk pill anons.

>cow udders
Ech, no. Perhaps if she were 30lbs more slender, or 20lbs more fit & slim, with a vastly reduced set of udders. But not like that.

Nigga you gay

>The World doesn't start and end with Jordan Peterson.
But he is the alpha and omega...?

I get why people get so annoyed by him on this board and he can definitely get annoying when he starts to get out of his depth.

That said, his tone is so damn refreshing compared to most contemporary sources.

im tired of that word new agey. Just because you're not adapted to the new age does not discredit the validity of his claims, they're based on some fascinating work.

>not wanting to drive your face into a hot pair of meat flaps
why live?

test get

Jordan? It's basically some new age Christ consciousness. Since he name drops Jung and psychoanalysis and calls it 'bloody smart' and 'damn smart' it becomes something more? The freedom of speech stuff is actually poorly argued, I see his point in a way (difference between being made to say something versus not being able to say something) but that's as deep as he goes?

My point is that his interpretation isn't that refreshing, it is found fairly clearly in new age religion and it isn't going to help defeat 'post-modernism' because it's now literally verging on the fedora-tier which means it has succumb to the irony or post-modernism. Good for him that he was able to exploit it for money and I think he is very forward thinking when it comes to educational tools.

>tfw mbti was based on jung
>two wrongs make a right user!
>1+1=3

How in the fuck is building an academic career on someone's past work name dropping?

>Jung was bloody smart, the man must have had an IQ of 200

You tell me. When one of the main points of his work is RPG-like new age philosophy...

I want JBP to be my interwebz daddy, where do I start? His Youtube channel has lectures on his books and school stuff, but that's not what I'm after. Where's his motivational/self-help shit at?