French lit

Post some easy French lit. I'm learning frogspeak so I would like to acquire vocab through reading
Is Camus' prose easy?

>redditballs

Do you have problem with my kawaii af meme imagen fren?

First of all, it's not "Frogspeak"!

It's "Frogais".

>Is Camus' prose easy?
Especially in the Stranger, yeah. Start with that.

Merci bien mon cher ami•e

didn't poland ball start on /int/?

short stories by authors like maupassant

I've got the same question but for German. I did get "die verwandlung" recently. Also picked up some random Judith Hermann book, since it didn't look that dense. Danke.

>/int/ isn't a shit board
have you missed the nonstop goblinposting in every single board

Read children's books

I never browsed that board, it does seem awful desu and goblin posting is one of the most vile memes I've seen

>goblinposting is bad
Okay, mulatto Amerimutt.

It's not bad per se. I thought it was hilarious when it was used against white nationalist LARPers on /pol/, but the constant spamming everywhere is just getting annoying.

it makes me uncomfortable like the red wojaks

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Somewhat related: how do I not butcher French pronounciation?

I learned English alongside my mother tongue, but I rarely had the chance to speak it until I hit 17 or so. Result: heavy eastern-euro accent.

Is it possible to prevent this, even though I don’t have any frenchspeakers I can regularly practice with?

The pronunciations in french are fairly consistent, just practice syllables properly and you should be fine apart from having an accent
For example english speakers find pronouncing Rs difficult, find what you're struggling with and just force yourself to pronounce properly (probably difficult if there isn't a french speaker to correct you though)

asterix and tintin of course

>FRENCH

hergé was a flemish nazi

>The pronunciations in french are fairly consistent,
what? no they're not
the pronunciation of words can change depending on what comes after it. that's not very consistent
compare e.g. the pronunciation of "moet" by itself vs "moet et chandon"

butthurt froggy detected

moet (the person) was actually flemish so is still pronounced "mo-ett" even whilst alone

t. Tyrone "La Creatura" Smith

Shut up, irrational racist.

that's the rule of liaison and it is consistent, doesn't compare to english that has 10^1000 ways to pronounce the same word

>that has 10^1000 ways to pronounce the same word
???
there are "10^1000" ways to pronounce any word in any language
it doesn't mean they are all correct
english does have a certain amount of freedom that french doesn't, though

anyway whatever. enjoy le weekend, mon butthurt ami

L'orage
Author: Regine Desforges

Will enhance your vocabulary and help you understand what feeling alive means.

How did one man manage to be so right about absolutely everything?

>have you missed the nonstop goblinposting in every single board

OP, je ne sais pas à quel point tu maîtrises ou non le français. Si tu débutes vraiment, alors je te recommande Le Petit Nicolas, peu importe lequel.
Si tu veux quelque chose de plus littéraire, et que tu as déjà de bonnes petites bases, pourquoi ne pas aller voir du côté de Jean Echenoz.
Juste mes 2 centimes.

Christ this is painful to read, please learn French better before speaking as an authority

do you french people really say "just my 2 cm" instead of "2 cents"
holy, french idioms are hilarious
"il n'a pas inventé l'eau chaude" might be my favorite tho

>do you french people really say "just my 2 cm" instead of "2 cents"
>holy, french idioms are hilarious

No they don't you fucking retard

What's exactly wrong with what he wrote? Tell me please, i'm learning french as well :/

Mais je suis Français dude. C'est juste que je n'ai pas fait d'effort littéraire, j'ai écrit comme si je m'adressais à lui à l'oral.
Si c'est difficile pour toi, alors tu n'es pas prêt mon gaillard.

Its just so shitty. Not in any technical way its just so clumsy and garrish. The guy is claiming to be French though so if that's the case he must be autistic or something

he made a mistake in his first sentence but the rest sounds about right

Stop being such a dick, nothing wrong with his French

It's just written as though he was speaking, it seems unnatural to you because you're probably not as good as you think you are in french

Its not, I post in /fr/ all the time and have no problems with those memers. What he wrote is not natural or fluent, its just a headache
>pourquoi ne pas aller voir

Ugh

that's how french people speak kek

French benders maybe

>He didn't invent hot water
Does that mean something like he's not as important as he thinks, or what?
I am learning French but idioms are almost completely unknown to me. Cursing is interesting, especially Quebecois anti-Catholic curses

Heinrich Böll has some easy prose short stories, I'm also in intermediate level so this thread might help me too.

Mec tu connais absolument rien à la langue française, petit étron pédant. Give me your french, then we’ll talk.

omelette au fromage :^)

Mon Français n'est pas parfait mais au moins j'ai un peu du sensibilité du style.
Nous ami est l'hombre du France avec son langue. C'est pas surprise que j'ai supposé qu'il est eté un Americain.

*est l'honte

Les Fables de La Fontaine.
Les Contes de Charles Perrault.
Jules Verne.
Gaspard des montages, par Henri Pourrat.

Oooh alors ça c’est bien du français pourri d’américain en vacances.

Give Corsica back you frogs

I do not speak French, but that idiom is similar to other idioms in multiple languages, and assuming it means the same, it means the person in question is not particularly bright. Like saying "he's no Einstein"

Je ne me pense que ça, merci

Guys listen up, this is french guy speaking. This idiome does not exist in french, it’s all a joke. Bonne soirée mes amis

I’m having the frenchiest night drinking up some nice wines in the french countryside. Love you Veeky Forums

I'm on the same boat. Currently reading "Der Buch der Lieder" by H. Heine, it's pretty intermediate level german (except for some archaic words), but if you're not into romantic poetry I wouldn't reccomend it. Also heard Siddartha is quite straight-forward in the original german, but I haven't tried it yet.

But isn't Kafka supposedly harder than regular german prose? I remember reading a translator's preface on The Metamorphosis that said that the book was a challenge to translate because Kafka had the tendency to create really long sentences where all the action was pushed to the end, in order to inspire a certain surprise on the reader, or something along those lines.

My girlfriend reads Harry Potter in French.