The Peregrine

Is it good?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8kJxyJ6VPwE
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

its fantastic
better than Thoreau's journal desu

i got it because werner herzog highly recommended it.

one of the most boring things ive ever tried to read. just flowery adjectives on every goddamn word.

someone explain why its good cuz its shit to me

Werner Herzog is highly overrated

yep. pretty awesome. read it.

lawrence english did an album based on it youtube.com/watch?v=8kJxyJ6VPwE

>repping law english

my man

It’s a bird watcher’s journal. Basically he describes landscape weather and the Peregrine’s hunt each day. Thats it for the plot. I thought it was worth reading for the descriptive prose and the occasional insights into this guy’s obsession with Peregrines and his misanthropic disdain.

The Goshawk is good, tho the end is a bit anticlimactic. Tipped to from a passing remark in a Mamet essay.

Query: Anybody read H for Hawk? & if so, what say ye?

Very nice sounds. Thanks, user! Gotta get to this book.

Well, he has a few masterpieces to his name but I would say, as a general rule, he has bad taste

I enjoyed the bits about training the Hawk in H is for Hawk but she was a bit of a virtue signaller when it comes to politics which was annoying. And she didnt like JA Baker. Thought he was too bloodthirsty. She had no trouble breaking rabbits’ necks though. I should stop reading non male authors. They just make me more misogynist.

It is just we'll written observations of falcons. If you want to gain a naturalists perspective on nature it's a good read.

Herzog is a hack. Every time I hear one of his DEEP moralizing monologues I want to off myself.

Fantastic book, I keep it in the bathroom and read pages at random while shitting. I also reread the ending when I'm stressed.

The prose is really something special.

how can i read this?. i think is imposible in my country. once i read the beginning and it really astonish me.

For someone who doesn't give a shit about birds, it's an object lesson in how truly great writing can transform the mundane into the sublime.

I want to read it for the same reason. Herzog has shilled it extremely hard. I expect it to be the second coming of Christ at this point

A great metaphoric language; the author is a poet

I don't think so, it's from A Baker.

>how can i read this?. i think is imposible in my country.

are you in Best Korea?

ty.

Read H is for Hawk second. She literally spends the entirety of the book hating on the dude and going off on how romanticised and amateurish his efforts were whilst literally buying a hawk as a coping mechanism. She literally almost loses the hawk in a storm because she wants to prove a point. She's not a great writer but I enjoyed reading it as I have an interest in falconry.

The Hawk is a far better read with good prose.