What are the long-term side effects of reading philosophy as a kid/teenager?

What are the long-term side effects of reading philosophy as a kid/teenager?

Autism.

God that reddit post is so cringe

Posting on reddit

Based on a case study of just myself.

> Half the people you meet think you're an idiot because you don't "reason" in their terms
> The other half thinks you're manipulative or trying to trick them because you consistently win arguments and explain yourself better than them
> Alienation from everyone around you
> Aloofness and preference for solitude is interpreted as standoffishness and hatred of those around you
> Indifference to argument and use of argument as a method of resolving differences is viewed as extreme aggression
> Eventual reputation for being arrogant, somehow both stupid and a Machiavellian genius at the same time, hateful, etc.
> Reputation spreads via internet/social connections
> Eventually can't get a job
> Kicked out of home
> Homeless and destitute and going to die on the streets of Seattle along with the other 80 people who have done so this year so far.

Depends on who one is reading and whether one understands.
Regardless, the person telling the story is a child too and I guess has never noticed that the youngest child often has more lax rules.
If I had to guess why without any studies done, I'd say it's two things:
1. The parents already have viable offspring and do not feel it necessary to put as much time and effort into the last child.
2. The parents may have learned from previous experience that some disciplinary strategies are not useful, saving them from extra expended effort.

>parents 50s M/F

Having no friends, usually.

And no sex

So they had their first child at about 29 and their last child at about 39. Not too strange

Apparently it will make you so much better at life than your older sister that she'll throw a tantrum on reddit

Jordan is cool as fuck. His sisters a big dork lol

This is obviously fake

No, it’s autistic that the girl specified her parents genders.

just tell your brother Jordan that Foucault died of AIDs that he got from getting gangbanged in San Francisco bath houses.
When people realize they're getting their ideas from someone that degenerate, it really puts things in perspective.

They're not wrong.

>you have to keep your door opened

Lel. How happy am I of not being part of one of those weird families.

Wouldn't M/F mean her parents are hermaphrodites?

>implying degeneracy precludes genius

People shouldn't be allowed to read philosophy until they're 30. Otherwise they'll ruin themselves because young people are stupid and believe stupid things and they're liable to go in too deep on stupid ideologies that inhibit their intellectual growth. There's nothing sadder than a 40 year old Communist but that's what happens when they start young.

Too late nerd

Having a pencil drawn image of thyself as thine ID card photo and labeling everything as a spook

That's clearly fanfiction but I'll give some anecdotal evidence anyway: I am 26 now working on a PhD and started reading philosophy as soon as I was 13.

It gave me no laurels, no happiness, no peace and no consolation, to be honest. You get this huge sense of alienation because people around you act in ways that are at once alien yet also predictable, and there is an underlying feeling of inadequacy surrounding any and every interaction you attempt to hold. "Going with the flow" is not something you could ever conceive, and situations simply unfold in front of your eyes while you more or less stun yourself from action and, if even that, react very slowly. None of this is extreme which makes it even worse; I could deal with going out and would even be invited to go out with the class, yet I (more or less purposefully) never really mingled in. Kind of like when you do something out of spite, but you're not really engaged enough to even feel spiteful.

People really like "talking" to me though, insofar as they want to input their thoughts to someone and be comprehended, and/or receive advice. It seems I am "trustworthy" and that I "won't use what they say against them", which probably comes from the overall aura of ineptitude. Most simply assume I am smart, intelligent etc. while never actually putting that to any kind of measure. Actually, they even feel validated in thinking that simply because I summarize their personal problems out loud in order to make sure I understood them correctly. My advice is mostly superfluous because I have little living experience, but I suppose it feels useful because I sugarcoat it with many peripheral thoughts and idea connections (from other people, of course, but it doesn't matter).

I more or less learned to be OK with this now, though the feelings of inadequacy never really go away. Teen angst is definitely something I have experienced though, and I would never recommend anyone to read philosophy before they come to age and experience some dilemmas by themselves. I don't regret being an introvert but I would probably have been the "group introvert" if I never got into philosophy as a teen, whereas what happened was that I isolated myself like an idiot and lost too much time before finally letting people in again.