What are some literature that women will never understand?

What are some literature that women will never understand?
pic related

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=i04qKOh6iH8
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

someone please post excerpts from the Emily Wilson translation
I haven't had a good laugh all morning

bump

I-I'm a woman. I didn't understand Gravity's Rainbow.

Gravity's Rainbow was written while Pynchon was high on LSD. Does that make me an idiot, or people claiming they understood it liars?

alice in wonderland, the scarlet letter,

>pic-related
too bad the most meaningful interactions will it in the last 100 years have been women?
Oswald's Memorial
H.D.'s Helen In Egypt

I covered this book at school for A Level, loved it so much. The girls didn't understand it at all, so you're right.

>Women can't understand the Ilia-
youtube.com/watch?v=i04qKOh6iH8

you understand it as well as most of the people on this board. there are websites that explain many of the textual references (from Rilke, advanced chemistry, and other sources) that aren't exactly meant to be gleaned on a first reading; but once consulted and understood, they add a new layer of depth to the text. desu Mason & Dixon is much harder (and better) because of the historical span separating the subject matter from a layperson. Nobody got all of it on the first try. In fact many authors perform extensive research before writing books and in a sense were uneducated themselves to their own future work

their both retarded

nah

um, no sweetie

That's actually a really kind thing to say. When I tried to read it (mostly because I really enjoyed the first sentence) I honestly thought he was talking about a fucking train station, you know, those huge domes- I mean, I really got into it, long towering spires of iron and all that shit- and then I looked it up, and apparently he was talking about a bed frame, popular at the time? I was maybe ten pages in and I gave up. I still feel bad about it, but...

I want to read it again, but on the other hand, I'm apprehensive. Confronting myself with my own mediocrity isn't easy.

Just because the women you interact with are retarded doesn't mean all of them are.

Try the redpill

>their

Hemingway?

This. Women here. To me, none of what he wrote makes any sense in my girl brain.
Just let the fish go, lol ;)) Only men can understand Hemingway, because they have bigger brains

>the women you interact with

kys brainlet

there's also a standard modernist practice of making the first hundred pages or so of any large work very hard going. The book relaxes the density and obscurity of information after this point (and often gets better) but that initial portion is still essential plot and characterwise. Ada or Ardor, The Tunnel, The Recognitions, Mason & Dixon, Against the Day, The Man Without Qualities, Doctor Faustus, Joseph and His Brothers, You Bright and Risen Angels, Darconville's Cat, The Sound and the Fury, Women and Men, Infinite Jest, very very many books do this. Books like these people often give up on partway through, and read again at a later date when they've become more patient

>women translating the greeks

This. Ignore the soyboys in this thread. Fact is, women will never understand The Illiad as well as us

stop putting things in spoiler you fucking faggots

that's a performative contradiction

_________________no