Do you think white noise could be taught at the high school level?

do you think white noise could be taught at the high school level?

seeing as it is 10th grade tier literature, yes

yeah i didn't read that in 10th grade cunt.

I wrote my 10th grade paper on 1984

Well I'm going to try and propose it to my district school board and I teach juniors

why bother, it is nothing but hippie trash by an adorno adoring commie

I wrote my 10th grade paper on King Lear & Doctor Faustus

DeLillo had a thing for the kike Adorno? That's too bad. Source for it though?

what!
based delillo loves a kultural marxist kike???
I always knew he was a PoMo SJW

AP English only. Regular, American kids won't enjoy or get much out of it. For a lot of those kids, in their Senior or Junior years, the parody of hyper-specific college studies may be misconstrued as a wide-sweeping criticism of college, or studying at all which could be kind of a toxic idea to plant. I wouldn't assign it in my High School English course.

I'd say no, not because High School students wouldn't understand it or anything like that, but moreso that High School English classes generally aren't equipped to actually deal with literature past a surface level. The AP English classes are generally the most heavy reading focused ones while regular English classes have a retard-level pacing and focus on grammar. But maybe this is just my personal experience in Commiefornia public school. That said, I took a Critical Thinking English class for GE at my JC and we had to read White Noise and everybody in that class was a mouth breather who still didn't know how to make a Works Cited page. So whether something can be taught is all relative to whether your students are receptive.

Pretty much the same deal in southwestern PA hick territory. Except dumb farm kids were in regular English and the few people who read heavily were in a small gifted/accelerated reading group. Highschool was actually super comfy for me because of it; like 5 out of the 11 members were absolutely beautiful girls. It was basically an anime harem type thing going but I never scored and probably never will. And all the girls are kinda nasty now.

Cpnsidering that I read and, for the most part, perfectly understood Underworld at the age of 16, I'd say that most highschool students wouldn't have much of a problem with White Noise. I was and still am a retard, and I still managed to write a pretty decent paper on Underworld.

Besides, White Noise is both light on a surface level and really fun, which actually makes me thing that a good chunk of teens would really enjoy it, toom

This seems out of touch.

I’m currently reading this book. Page 210. I am completely engrossed by DeLillo’s style. Do you all really think he’s high school level? The dialogue is superb. Some of the family dynamics just seem as though they require a bit of maturity to really “get.”

Why? White Noise really isn't hard at all.

Teens get demolished by shit like Fall of the House of Usher; you overestimate the average teen and their interest or willingness to engage with literature.

I had problems with the dialogue. It's was too grandiose. All else was great.

faggot

It could be a good teaching tool on how not to write.

Agree. Perhaps the most accessible of his works. It can be neatly diminished into three or four major themes contemporary kids get, e.g. 'the environment'.
>t. practical, not cynical

Can't wait till the antifa supersoldiers wipe out all you frog boys

who didn't?

I read Underworld till about half when Kindle lost my page and I knew I would never find it again.
The waste manager parts where my favorites.
Did I miss anything?

>he's so brain dead he can't skim pages and determine if he's read that or not already

Haha good one

the entire book is a build up to the epilogue which is the reason it completely eclipses all of his other work