What is the most difficult Shakespeare play?

What is the most difficult Shakespeare play?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=eeOE4BQPHxk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

what's the most difficult right foot you've placed after your left

Troilus and Cressida really brings the language to another level, although I also think it's one of his most beautifully written plays for its density of style. Honestly, however, I don't think any of them could be called the hardest, or any one of them exceptionally stands out for difficulty.

love's labour's lost

Oh yeah, that's a good one too for difficulty of language, I was gonna put it with Troilus and Cressida but wasn't sure if my memory was perfect. Like T&C, however, it's also one of his most beautifully written plays, perhaps even better. Definitely very Joycean, with the most wordplay and focus on poetry and vocabulary.

guys, he said Joycean

the cold cruel realities that force apart the young lovers Romeo and Juliet are very kafkaesque

my butthole is platonic

Literally never heard of it neat

What are the best plays other than Hamlet, King Lear and Macbeth?

Henry V, Titus Andronicus, A Midsummer Night's Dream, Twelfth Night, The Winter's Tale

practically all of them are memorable if you see a good enough production

>Titus Andronicus
Huh I heard this one was bad though

If you turn your brain on but only half way on to where you take it as a commentary on violence and the cycle of revenge it's okay

Came to post this.
For me the LEAST Shakespearean of the plays (the ones that require most patience) are Timon and Pericles. The latter performs well, however.

and if you turn your brain on all the way?

Should his histories be read in a particular order? There's soon going to be a new production of Richard III in my city but I haven't delved into this part of his oeuvre at all.

>Titus Andronicus
top mem
I mean, it's fun and interesting to compare to Hamlet, to see how his style developed, but you really can't call it good.

Tbh most of them are worth reading. Open a random page of his collected works and you'll see a famous quote. Just pick one and go for it, in the end you'll read all of them, sooner or later.

about 10 years:
3.2 The Taming of the Shrew (1590–1591)
3.3 Henry VI, Part 2 (1591)
3.4 Henry VI, Part 3 (1591)
3.5 Henry VI, Part 1 (1591–1592)
3.6 Titus Andronicus (1591–1592)
3.7 Richard III (1592–1593)
3.8 Edward III (1592–1593)
3.9 The Comedy of Errors (1594)
3.10 Love's Labour's Lost (1594–1595)
3.11 Love's Labour's Won (1595–1596)
3.12 Richard II (1595)
3.13 Romeo and Juliet (1595)
3.14 A Midsummer Night's Dream (1595)
3.15 King John (1596)
3.16 The Merchant of Venice (1596–1597)
3.17 Henry IV, Part 1 (1596–1597)
3.18 The Merry Wives of Windsor (1597)
3.19 Henry IV, Part 2 (1597–1598)
3.20 Much Ado About Nothing (1598–1599)
3.21 Henry V (1599)
3.22 Julius Caesar (1599)
3.23 As You Like It (1599–1600)
3.24 Hamlet (1599–1601)

pretty impressive

Coriolanus is the most rewarding

It's still not that good and probably just a play to please the idiotic, violence-loving masses

Love's Labours Won is literally impossible to read

Much Ado About Nothing, I imagine it hard to get the banter right

That boob is killing me

Just watched the Ralph Fiennes adaptation today, definitely going to pick up a copy

This thread is for retarded teens and is therefore very murakummy

gib milkies

Fucking finally someone points out those enormous milkers

youtube.com/watch?v=eeOE4BQPHxk

Are you a dog? (White girls fuck dogs)

here u go

P U F F Y
U
F
F
Y

I'm neither of those fellows, but what a little four minute treat. Saw that film in hs, will have to revisit it soon. Peter Shaffer (who wrote both play and screenplay) is also responsible for the modernist haut lit play Equus.

The film adaptation is pretty darn good, and quite faithful to the text.

>and quite faithful to the text.
what % faithful? Shouldnt be less than 90% Realistically should not be less than 100

Except when it gives guns to everyone and turns Tamora's sons into punks playing arcade games.
It's good, though.

I'm pretty sure the entire original text is used.