Is there a counter to this?

Is there a counter to this?

>attempting to reason with women in any capacity
the quote's a massive strawman deliberately intended to piss you off

men love women
women love children
children love pets

>women are afraid men will ignore them
reminder that women think rape is worse than death, because they dont want to be ostracized

Yeah, a right hook

Most of the time men kill or injure other men. Not women. She's a pseudo-victim.

Do you think the Sun King himself, who said "I am the state" would not let jesters make fun of him inside his palace, that he owns and they do not? Why, do keep the fools inside, that they may sing and dance, and allow them, with their own existence, to remind everyone of the difference there is between Sun King and joker, about as big as the one between everything and nothing. Should the guests be displeased with these performances, the jester can be discretely taken care of later.

Men are afraid that women will kill them physically, mentally, emotionally, or spiritually and be backed by the legal system, with full public support. Women are afraid men will kill them physically, in some act of desperation or instability.

Don’t laugh at people if you think they might kill you.

>men statistically more likely to be murdered and assulted than women are
>women are the real victims of male violence
Why do women love being perceived of as victims?

No. Psychoanalysts would agree with her.

The sun king was a narcissist.

no. women have perfected the art of being the victim.

*misses the point*

There anything you want to tell Atwood?
I could drop something off at her house.

Both genders fear being alone and socially ostracized. Being laughed at and rejected is probably a bigger fear for women than it is for men, if anything. Women are much more conservative when it comes to group adherence. Men are more likely to be freaks and loners

statistics

What are they missing? Violence is male, but victimhood also disproportionately male

Not everything needs a counter.
Maybe go read a book.

I want to thank her for the handmaid's tale.

Continues to miss the point

Why is everyone so confident when it comes to evaluating gender differences?

Any woman who's afraid any/all men will maybe kill her is insane.
And her statement about men is false.

>Why is everyone so confident when it comes to evaluating gender differences?
Why don't you ask Atwood?

Women are almost universally accommodating to avoid being murdered. She's talking about drives that are below the surface and sheeit.

>what is a master slave dialectic

>Continues to miss the point
Is the point meant to be some grand insight to the gendered psyche? Because it's nonsense, if men cared what women thought they wouldn't be men. If women generally lived in fear of men they'd be insane.

Yeah? And who are the main perpatators? That's right, other men. If we look at history, men have been root of all wars, genocides and cruelty. Maybe only a matriarch can bring about true utopia.

>In New Orleans, just outside the French Quarter, there’s a bit of stenciled graffiti on a fence that reads: “Men Rape.” I used to pass by this nearly every day. The first time I saw this, it pissed me off because I knew the graffitist would define me as a ‘man’ and I have never desired to rape anyone. Nor have any of my bepenised friends. But, as I encounter this spray-painted dogma every day, the reasons for my anger changed. I recognized this dogma as a litany for the feminist version of the ideology of victimization — an ideology which promotes fear, individual weakness (and subsequently dependence on ideologically based support groups and paternalistic protection from the authorities) and a blindness to all realities and interpretations of experience that do not conform to one’s view of oneself as a victim.
>In accepting the ideology of victimization in any form, we choose to live in fear. The person who painted the “Men Rape” graffiti was most likely a feminist, a woman who saw her act as a radical defiance of patriarchal oppression. But such proclamations, in fact, merely add to a climate of fear that already exists. Instead of giving women, as individuals a feeling of strength, it reinforces the idea that women are essentially victims, and women who read this graffiti, even if they consciously reject the dogma behind it, probably walk the streets more fearfully.

Men do care what women think...wtf. Everyone cares what everyone thinks, and if you tell yourself otherwise you're lying.

>Maybe only a matriarch can bring about true utopia.
we already live in a utopia. i get $500 a month from food stamps. doing fuck all. sucks to be a wagecuck buddy.

Wars, genocide, cruelty...innovation, human rights, civilization, etc...you seem to have cut your list a bit short. Of course I'm referring here specifically to white men.

Educate yourself.

Men have a better grasp of probability.

But men do rape. Female rape is much rarer and when it does occur it's usually some drunken slut climbing on some passed out dude's soft dick. Not quite dungeon torture rape.

Do you honestly care what a child thinks about you? Like, it concerns you?

Women kill too.
Also, you don't speak for everyone.

All rapists were raised by dysfunctional mothers.

Women are privledged biologically and culturally. If you wanna talk about the master/slave dynamic let's talk about the man (of every race) who has had to pick proverbial cotton just so that the woman who chose him won't leave and take his children with her. Let's talk about the ability women have to ruin a man's reputation based on unproven claims.

why can't we just admit humans are shit ppl in general. this blaming x on gender will never work out. the next hitler will probably be a female the way how things are going.

>Is there a counter to this?

Do an extent. If that child decides it hates me it can cause problems, say if I'm dating it's mom. Or if I care about the child's wellbeing it's very relevant what it thinks of me, assuming I'm a figure involved in its life. Even for a random child I don't know I wouldn't want to smoke meth or jack off in front of it. And even if you did want to do that, you would still feel a voyeuristic awkwardness or pleasure that would indicate your feelings towards what the child perceives you doing.

So if men get collectively blamed for all of the horrors some of them caused throughout history, are we also collectively praised for Shakespeare, agriculture, and the invention of penicillin?

There's a massive difference between the practical implications of what someone thinks, and caring what they think. Men obviously value women, just not their thoughts (and for good reason).

You mean accommodated, not accommodating. It's men who keep women from living physically precarious lives, not women themselves. If I acted a quarter as obnoxious as the most obnoxious woman at a bar, it probably be knocked out.

Lol you must be /verysmart/

Oh boy. Have you ever raised a child? It's fucking awful. Work can be freeing, motherhood is always a ball and chain.
>unproven claims
This isn't even worth discussing desu. It's a politicized topic that I'm sure you already have a series of talking points for and nothing I say will matter.

>Oh boy. Have you ever raised a child? It's fucking awful
i raised my little my sister while my mom was partying every weekend fucking guys at the bar. raising my sister was much easier than my summer job working at mcdonalds cleaning toilets.

>Veeky Forums - Literature

>Oh boy. Have you ever raised a child? It's fucking awful. Work can be freeing, motherhood is always a ball and chain.
Fuck right off. Creating and shaping another human being is slavery, but working as a middle manager in order to make a coked up male CEO slightly wealthier is "freeing?" Also, that wasn't my point. My problem is that society, even progressive ones, perceives children as belonging to their mother. The notion that, on a whim, someone can take your children is unbearably alienating to most men. Hence why so many men just leave before they become attached to the child; the potential of them being wrenched away from you is too painful.

margaret pls leave

Why do you all compete for "most victimized" status? What is the prize?

Also, this. I've taken care of my nephew for days a time, both as a baby and as an adolescent. It's not that hard. Feed them, make sure they shower and brush their teeth, and let them play minecraft.

>What is the prize?
ego boost

Only uneducated Tumblr feminists actually blame men collectively.
Maybe actually study words on a page.
Good luck not caring about women's thoughts in academia. "Melanie Klein? No I don't need to read her, she has a vagina."
No, I meant accommodating. You are pretty obnoxious desu.
Also, "women at the bar" doesn't reflect on all women. Tons of people don't go to bars, and the ones that do probably have certain predispositions.

>men ditch their families because there's a chance of losing custody in a divorce trial

uhhh?? is this the brain r/incel creates
poor guys

>Lol you must be /verysmart/
Not sure what you mean, I'm not especially intelligent, but I am smarter than a little over half the population.

We're culturally inundated with examples of female victimhood. I don't perceive myself as a victim, but i'm trying to let people see a more complete and accurate picture of gender relations

>Good luck not caring about women's thoughts in academia.
It's the easiest thing in the world if you study anything worthwhile, meaning not liberal arts garbage.

>"Melanie Klein? No I don't need to read her, she has a vagina."
Literally who. No-one of discernment reads anything written after the 20th century.

>complete and accurate
Hardly. You do nothing but spout anecdotes about how life is unfair to you because you are a man.

>this whole comment
jfc just go back to r*ddit

How often do you talk to men? Fear of commitment, slut-shaming, and a bunch of other female relationship problems are the result of male insecurity resulting potential offspring. Either being cucked, or being abandoned.

oh sorry i should take this absolute fucking nonsense seriously because it fits my narrative

*regarding potential offspring

If you wanna talk about this statistically, we could talk about male suicide, male death rates, male workplace injury, male homelessness.

Atwood writes feminist lit so...

HAHAHA DAYS AT A TIME HAHAHA

ITT: woman once again divides men and lets them fight over the idea of her. Everyone loses.

Those stats could be partially laid on toxic masculinity jussayin

Tbh i would like to see those statistics adjusted for socio-economic class. And if possible they should be adjusted for how physically attractive the people were. The libidinal/class divide overrides all ID politics which is what i am against.

>Only uneducated Tumblr feminists actually blame men collectively.
Then why bring up a matriarchy as a potential solution? If being ruled by men lead to civilizational blunders committed by individual men, then how would being ruled by women be any different? Either violence is inherent to being a male and it wouldn't change anything, or violent is inherent to being in power and women will start committing it.

>HAHAHA DAYS AT A TIME HAHAHA
I can extrapolate what raising a child would feel like based on 7 days as a baby, 12 days as a 4 year old, and two weeks as a 7 year old. I'm not retarded.

I didn't bring up matriarchy, some other intelligent user did. But it is a reasonable potential solution since it hasn't really been tried in the way patriarchal society has.

No. you really can't. You really fucking can't and if you don't see why kys.

It's much more complicated than any ideology can attempt to explain. It's partially hormonal, partially cultural, partially on how female selection relies on male disposability. Men compete violently because historically we couldn't reproduce if we didn't.

>33 days in charge of a child
>totally understands what it's like to be the most important being in a child's life for 6,570 days

Just don’t even bother replying to her, Jeff. It’s either a genuine retarded woman from Reddit who thinks she’s an intellectual powerhouse with le epic takedowns or a baiter. In any case they don’t deserve a reply.

i took care of my sister since i was 10 and she was 6. its still much easier than all the shit jobs i had. the only tough part was dealing with her whining about failing her math tests and dealing with her mood while on her period. its still more freedom than working a job where you only get an hour break and the other 8 hours you are working non-stop.

Your 6 yr old sister had her period?

If something isn't difficult when done for a collective month it will suddenly become as excruciatingly difficult as feminists claim it is when it's done for years? Doesn't practice make things easier instead of harder?

>since i was 10
forgot the autism on this board. im 23 now.

>74 replies
>25 posters
Jeff posted 15 replies, I’ve posted 3, 22 other people posted something. That means this salty bitch from reddit has posted 34 times. And we all know it’s you making all those replies; your not fooling anyone, love.

Please read some Freud. I'm done arguing with fedoras.

YAAAS KWEEEN SLAAAAY

Running a 5k is harder than a marathon?

I respect Freud for getting people to think differently about unconscious desires and for being one of the fathers of psychology, but he was pretty much wrong about everything. Also, you can't just drop his name without also talking about why he's relevant to the discussion. That's lazy as fuck.

I thought you were done arguing?

My brother runs. I bet if I asked him he'd say that first 5k was much more difficult than his 5th marathon.

Im not the the person who posted that, get a grip on yourself m8

I'm actually a dude who's never used Reddit and has been on this board for 7 years. Also I think you did your math wrong.

I've got three kids under 5 and a disabled one who's 16. I've been a home dad for 7 years. It's not that hard. Sometimes yes, but mostly it's much, much easier than a shitty menial job. I'm going back to work now and I'm finding it much more difficult. (I teach 11 to 18)

wow, deep

Parents fear the impregnation of their daughters, the murder of their sons.
>yearly, around 75% of homicide victims in the U.S. are male.
The insidiousness of her comment is that it suggests that it's more dangerous to be a woman in the world than it is to be a man, which is simply false.

You could attempt it, don't expect men to be okay with being ruled by women after being told that them ruling women is morally wrong.

women already run society passively tbf.

I am not saying it is hard but it is harder to do it for years than it is for a month isnt it?

False equivalence :)

no its gets easier as the child grows up and learns how to take care of themselves. as long as you can afford a roof over your head. parenting is pretty relax

Fair comment

Idk my mid is just at 10 months so it is hard for me to see how it gets easier but i hope you are right.

No it isn't. The point is that repeatedly doing something makes it easier. It was probably harder for me to take care of my nephew for two weeks than it was for my sister to take care of him for two weeks because she had already developed a schedule and a series of habits to tell her what to do, which i had to develop from scratch.