What the fuck was his problem?

What the fuck was his problem?

Want the redpill? I'm sure you know what the answer is already. And that ought to tell you everything.
I suggest you read up on Culture of Critique by Kevin McDonalds

the same problem that we all have

Kafka is the true redpill, not the incel r/thedonald mutation that floods /pol/. Life in the modern 1st world is soulless bureaucracy.

He was a semitic hebrew, and the twisted ideas and cultural subversion expressed through his writing are reflections of the larger problem we face today now that his coethnics have gained power within our cultural institutions: more of the same twistedness.

Kafka's wrote in opposition to what is currently the scourge of America. Your simplifying this issue too much

Why don't you state what you're referring to.

>Of course, no matter how keenly, how admirably, a story, a piece of music, a picture is discussed and analyzed, there will be minds that remain blank and spines that remain unkindled. "To take upon us the mystery of things"—what King Lear so wistfully says for himself and for Cordelia—this is also my suggestion for everyone who takes art seriously. A poor man is robbed of his overcoat (Gogol's "The Greatcoat," or more correctly "The Carrick"); another poor fellow is turned into a beetle (Kafka's "The Metamorphosis)—so what? There is no rational answer to "so what." We can take the story apart, we can find out how the bits fit, how one part of the pattern responds to the other; but you have to have in you some cell, some gene, some germ that will vibrate in answer to sensations that you can neither define, nor dismiss. Beauty plus pity—that is the closest we can get to a definition of art. Where there is beauty there is pity for the simple reason that beauty must die: beauty always dies, the manner dies with the matter, the world dies with the individual. If Kafka's "The Metamorphosis" strikes anyone as something more than an entomological fantasy, then I congratulate him on having joined the ranks of good and great readers.

Lecture on "The Metamorphosis" by Vladimir Nabokov

Well, Veeky Forums?

he was really into insects

Lots of shit
>overbearing father who called him a fag all the time and made fun of him for being a pussy
>mewling mother who put up with his shit
>Jew but not super proud of that fact and always examining himself as an other
>working a shitty job he hated because his family were a bunch of freeloaders and used him for money and he was too much of a cuck to stand up to them
>had to pretty much relegate the only thing he was good at and gave him passion and a will to not put a bullet in his head to weekends and time off; he was only able to write prolifically when he was too sick to work
>fucked up sexuality probably springing from his weird childhood; constantly fapping to weird BDSM and anthro drawings
>sick all the time, letting his family down as a result
>horny all the time, has to go to brothels to fuck prostitutes but still can never reach his fantasies
>overwhelmed by sexual desire but intensely afraid of and reluctant to talk to women; got engaged a couple times but was always too afraid to go through with it
>died in perhaps the worst way imaginable: threat disease that makes it too painful to eat, leaving you to die of starvation
And if that wasn't bad enough, he was so supremely self aware and conscious of all of these facts that instead of building up resentment towards the universe, he let it get to him and crush him down
In short, he was /ourguy/

Kafka hated the bureaucracy and void that haunted the society of his time. He would be horrified by the current state of society, which you attribute to the Jews. So, do the math.

That's a very weak argument. Everyone hates bureaucracy and the "void" that haunts the society of their times.

He was actually right here. Some of the feelings X or Y piece of art can evoke in you sometimes (or how you believe to understand that work) cannot really be described. You just get it. Personally, I find this to be especially true in works that examine loneliness and alienation, like A Man Asleep or Kafka's own work.

So he didn't understand that the absurdity of this man becoming a giant bug and no one demanding an explanation was integral to what Kafka was trying to say? Does he have a problem with all magical realism too? Sounds pretty ridiculous coming from a great writer.

Nabokov doesn't give a single fuck about the story of a book, just if the prose is good

What? Of course not everyone does. /r9k/ shouldn't be used as a sample for that. Most people don't even necessarily have a strong dislike for it. Hell, some people seem to attach a good part of their identities to whatever figure or party they support.

There's a big difference between bitching about the government and feeling crushed by it or your work and feeling that it opresses you everyday non-stop. Furthermore, most people don't write books about how bureaucracy completely alienate people to the point of self-hate or extreme alienation.

That's valid. I would argue that Kafka's prose is good though.

Not everyone is 17 years old like you, buddy. Have you talked to white men over 30? Nearly all have a strong dislike for these things and many do indeed feel weighed down by them. The difference here is that they know how to express themselves like adults and deal with these issues in a mature fashion, whereas you with your limited experience and scope associate it with a Veeky Forums board you don't like and a book by a jew you had to read as a junior last spring.

Have *you* talked to white men over 30? Most of them do not show a strong dislike for bureaucracy, unless they're getting intensely fucked by it. This is not even a white thing, as I can for a fact say that it also happens in LATAM.

It is undeniable that there are people who heavily dislike bureaucracy, and the prejudice against it seems widespread (which is perhaps why Kafka's work resonates so much with so many people), but don't fool yourself into thinking that there are not people who don't dislike bureaucracy. Many, many people (especially men over 30) fucking love their jobs as bureaucrats, and see it as a source of pride.

You're the sheltered retard here who doesn't know how people feel about it.

t. Someone who actually works within bureaucracy and whose father has been working as one for the largest part of his life.

>WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT, US BUREAUCRATS LOOOVE THE BUREAUCRACY!
lmao you got me

You couldn't be more wrong here. White men are the most distrustful and resentful of the government by a wide margin. In fact, one of if not the most resonant issues with the GOP base during the election, Obamacare, was despised almost entirely due to it being viewed as a bureaucratic failure. Not to mention the US bureaucracy is staffed by non-whites, which is partly why it's so ineffective and despised in the first place. Your experience doesn't reflect reality.

I never said I personally love it. I find many (if not most) aspects of it to be quite hopeless.
You got me there. White men might be an exception, although the white bureaucrats I've met over the course of my life have been pretty proud of their jobs, and most of them have been Americans. They have also been arrogant assholes usually, but that's not limited to white people; spics are worse in this regard.

IMO, the workers' love or hate for the big B is usually dependent on how good their position is (although where I live having a decent position is more than enough to be proud of your job).

How did you deduce anything like that from this passage? Do you have problems with reading comprehension or is his prose too flowery for you?

>Kafka thread
>The usual /pol/tard comes and start bitching about da joos
>People still responding to him
Every time

>my personal perceptions of my personal experiences accurately reflect objective truths about society as a whole

You at least acknowledged you were stating your own opinion in the final paragraph of your final post, I'll give you that, but you seem to generally fail to understand that personal anecdotes do not make for good evidence in drawing more general conclusions about large swathes of populations.

Thots. Thots and God.

>>working a shitty job he hated because his family were a bunch of freeloaders and used him for money and he was too much of a cuck to stand up to them
I think you're confusing that with Samsa, man. IIRC, he wan't footing the bill for his family, they had a pretty profitable fancy goods store

It took 2 comments to derail the thread. Gj joosboys

I really don't see the his issues with the state, bureaucracy, social expectations and bürgerlich society as a whole as particularly Jewish in nature, in essence it doesn't feel any different than the sort of thing Wandervögel, Symbolists, reactionaries of the right, George or pretty much everyone with half a brain and soul experienced. Maybe the Jewish element is the fact that he suffers through it in a masochistic, self-denying manner, eventually assimilating into it rather than fighting and escaping?

Kafka had unforgivable secrets... that he would not admit fully... even in his diaries...