Would you still read as much as you do, if you had a girlfriend?

Would you still read as much as you do, if you had a girlfriend?

Other urls found in this thread:

ns.umich.edu/new/releases/1835-study-identifies-worldwide-rates-of-religiosity-church-attendance
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I have a wife and read more now than I ever did.

I would read even more if I had one, I would focus on how to create a healthy relationship troughout the years without making it becoming boring and would try avoiding fights, but I would also try to convince her to accept my views such as educating our children in the countryside and becoming a full time housewife. I would also read a lot about how to educate our children to make they become successful when they grow up, but without being extremely strict with them and leaving some space for fun and happiness in their childhood.

Man, having a family must be nice...

I would read a lot more since one of the main reasons to even leave the house would be gone.

Stop projecting your inceldom on the rest of us. I probably spend more time reading now that I don't have the urge to beg girls to fuck me every day.

Holy... was that in your reaction folder, you fucking virgin? Here have a reaction image from my unsorted pictures album, picked randomly.

I have a wife and a kid and the only thing keeping me from reading more is this site.

have one as well

Do you fuck your wife everyday?

I definitely read more when I have a girlfriend. It's lovely to sit in each other's company, maybe even cuddling while you read blissfully uncaring about what shite they're looking at on their facebook or instagram feed.

>tfw no gf

>I would read even more if I had one, I would focus on how to create a healthy relationship troughout the years without making it becoming boring and would try avoiding fights, but I would also try to convince her to accept my views such as educating our children in the countryside and becoming a full time housewife.

I can tell you haven't been in a relationship for a while (if at all). My friend has these deluded ideas too.

My ex was needy for attention. Couldn't read for more than ten minutes without her low key trying to divert me.

Sometimes it is every day but evey day would become routine after a while

Why is it deluded? I never been in a relationship, but my dream is to one day find a submissive catholic white and pretty girl who shares most of my ideals. And I honestly don't think that's impossible at all.

>asperger
An ableist too? Get off this board, perma.

Do you respect her when you fuck?

nu-uh

A submissive women is excruciatingly boring and you will realize that if you ever find one. My wife shares my values and yet is independent which really helps in raising a child. If she were just a vapid cunt i would have to do all the thinking for myself.

Mostly yes but at times i suspend my respect for her and dog her out like a whore.

Where did you find your wife?

>urge to beg girls to fuck me every day

>reading Kafka short stories
>messeged girl this morning
>just texted back
>haven’t read a page in the last hour

Great, now I’m conscious of another reason why I miss my ex. Thank you f am.

She was reading poetry at an art collective and i was there on an lsd trip. We hitch hiked across country together. Now i work as a mechanic and she raises the boy and we go to High Church Anglican mass on sundays.

Nice, she started sharing the same values as you after you started dating or before?

Because contrary to popular opinion on this board, women have their own goals, desires and wills. They might be influenced by you if you're passionate enough about something but not in all ways. I've had a few girlfriends who've tried to get into books and movies just because they know I like them but they haven't ceded to stronger beliefs because they're not cardboard cut-outs.

I mean good luck and everything but I'm 27 and I've never met a woman who fits the description you've mentioned. Plus, healthy relationships goes two ways, not just one.

Probably, yes. Being higher in Marlow's pyramid of needs makes people more productive in general. There would be less overall time to read, but I'd be more satisfied with my life.

I just read, I don't think why or when, if I should or not.
Only one time in my life I had a gf who actually complained to me about reading instead of spending time with her (we were in the same place, just me reading instead of cuddling her). I broke up with her on the spot because it weirded me out the level of neediness, not necessarily because I felt my reading time being in danger.

It's like "would you stop eating if you had a gf?" well, no, because you eat to stay alive. A better question would be, would you try to resist the influence of a partner in your reading habits, or accept the new things?
Like, if you go out with a vegan, do you oppose her, do you accept it, or do you stay neutral to it?
Or if she's fatter or thinner than you, would you adjust your diet or hers? etc.

Same with reading, would you read what she reads too, would you make her read what you like, or would you just continue without involving her in your reading habits?

I think she respects my opinion a lot but makes her own decision. I think we were both rejecting society through hedonism and since we had a child it has turned towards more traditional ways of rebellion (i.e. christianity and family values against postmodern insouciance)..she was always suspicious of tumblr feminism i think.

>I broke up with her on the spot

Ballsy

It wouldn't be a waste of time if I'd actually gotten to fuck half the girls who teased me or explicitly told me how they wanted me to fuck them (choking, spitting, etc). But actually organising a time with a girl is another level. Wanking to sexts is a waste of time, and I wish I spent all that time reading good erotica like 120 Days of Sodom or something.

I said 'i think' a lot in that post. Sorry i am actually shitposting at work. Fucking mondays amirite?

She was probably the one who broke up with him for being such an insensible faggot and he probably cried a lot after that.

women like that do exist but you'll never find one that likes you back because you're an autistic retard. lmao if you think finding "the one" is difficult then keeping her from laughing in your face is going to be downright impossible.

You could start saying 'I feel' more. I feel it sounds a bit more human. I'm fairly sure Dale Carnegie talks about it in that famous book of his.

I never had a gf so I can't know.

Why are you being so mean? What have I ever done to you? You don't even know me, why do you think you have to right to judge me like that?

I read a lot and I'm currently fixing my appearance to make it look pretty to women, I'm also working up to have a nice desirable body, if I ever find a women like that, I do think she would be attracted to me if we talked and she knows me better.

I'm positive I would read more, but different stuff. Would probably let go of stuff whose only appeal is indirectly relieving my oppressive sexual frustration, i.e fascist literature.

Nah, just in my mid 20s at the time. Not young enough to be too idealistic and romantic, not old enough to fear dying alone (though that fear never came, but stable relationships are enjoyable, so I would think about it more now).

>religion as a way of rebellion
As someone in a country with over 90% of religious people, that's weird to me.

>we go to some place to chill
>we sit, I take out my book
>she goes mad, yells at me for wanting to read instead of spending time with her (I'm already there)
>I tell her she's acting way too weird about the whole thing
>goes even madder (I understand since I phrased it very badly at the time)
>tells me to think about what I just did, and leaves
>comes back to me reading my book
>goes apeshit again
>we have a talk, I'm not allowed to read anymore that day
>we are breaking up but I still have to spend that night with her
>we rent a movie and spend the night
>a week later she calls, says she wants to get back together
>I refuse
>she uses sex as bait
>almost gets me since the sex was pretty good
>I refuse again
The sex was really good though.

>As someone in a country with over 90% of religious people, that's weird to me.
Not him but true religious people are those who frequent the church regularly and takes their faith seriously, most of those 90% barely even go to the church once every six months.

>gf
>not strictly courting a woman until marriage

Fucking peasant.

I wish you were right but:
ns.umich.edu/new/releases/1835-study-identifies-worldwide-rates-of-religiosity-church-attendance
Maybe 90% is hyperbole, but let's say 25% attend church (which according to that study, there many countries way above that number). If a city has 1M people, then 250k people attend church regularly. That's absolutely high, and would indicate that religion is the ideological status quo. I can't see how being religious in a country with over 25% serious church attendance could be considered rebellious. Assuming that poster is american, it's sort of weird. I'd understand the rebellious point in those countries with low attendance like Germany and Norway, but I'm gonna keep assuming he's american due to probability of someone being 'murican on the western side of the internet.

fpbp (I was going to say the same thing)

>not keeping a concubine

It's like you're not even trying to be patrish.

I meant rebelling in terms of the predominant culture which is not Christian.

>premarital sex
>patrish

wew laddie

>Christian ethical conventions

I don't even have anything else to add. You subscribe to a doctrine which elevates plebdom.

Is this a female girl or a male girl?

"Yes".

I have a gf and read less

Probably read more, as I wouldn't be out doing other stuff.

>tfw no cute trap gf to read and cuddle

I don’t really waste my time desu. I search for hashtags related to humanities or my uni on Instagram and message them. That, or I go to my uni’s bar. This way I make sure we’re at least vaguely interested in the same things. I take them to readings, museums, exhibitions and Veeky Forums places I wanna see, so I’m covered even if we don’t fuck.

I stopped giving a shit after my ex broke
muh heart, dating is a lot more fun this way.

Your gf is a bad influence. Ditch her now.

That sounds like a good idea actually

No, which is why I don't have one and never will, thank you very much

hell no
be too busy gettin the snatch

Seconded. Guy is wasting his short life w/a non Veeky Forums sub-waifu.

>And I honestly don't think that's impossible at all.

Imagine being this deluded...

id read a lot more because i wouldn’t stare off into the distance and ponder nonsense emotional loops for hours every day user. I was my healthiest mentally and physically with a gf

I'd probably read more because reading is easier to do in bed with someone beside you than watching dumb shit on youtube on your phone

probably not, but i'll never have a gf.

i was in a good mood until i saw this thread
thanks

no

OP you dumbass. women get in the way of everything.

thats why 2/3 married people are fat stupid losers.

kiss reading goodbye.

feels good do be the 1/3

I literally read more books last year than probably the previous 10 years of my life combined and I'm married.

topkek women don't like being respected during sex, especially self-proclaimed feminists

Don't ever use a comma in this manner again.

I do have a gf and I ignore the fuck out of her. Acquainting yourself with higher culture doesn't happen in the company of succubi. Women are lowest common denominator trashbins.

You got a touch of the 'tism son

He might be Danish.

Lol I thought of this, we use comma like OP.

Why are Danes so autistic about their comma?

who is this semen demon

Same with my current girlfriend. I wish I had the balls to dump her.

This. It takes away the direct need to go out and be social to get p*ss.

holy fuck this dudes not serious right guys?

are all of you people on this website like this?

reee get the fuck off my page loser

Yes, and now that you posted in here you're ONE OF US!
GOOBLE GOBBLE ONE OF US!
GOOBLE GOBBLE ONE OF US!

dear OP

You're what I would call a "faggot"

Let me tell you what I mean by that

I've seen this level of thought many annoying times before
I'm tired of it, and reduced to caring naught to express in clear terms why you're not even worth discussing this with
You're merely a "faggot"

Learn a bit more
Don't waste my or your time with this lack of awareness
I'm not going to babysit you through the preliminaries of consciousness
That is up to the suffering and trials of your life to do

Once you've got a bit of that going then post a thread that can do somethign

Until then,
OP, you're a faggot.

>dont be born a genetic failure with mental illnesses abound hiding in xis ebony tower
>get girlfriend
kys for the better of your race, and you might get lucky in the next life, you miserable loners

>dont be born a genetic failure with mental illnesses

stopped reading here, since i already failed this part

Did you wake up on the wrong side of the bed today?

>how to get dumped in XXI century

you choose either a physically fulfilling life, or a spiritually fulfilling one

and you will be unhappy either way

read kierkegaard

damn you picked a good picture OP i keep seeing her and i keep clicking yet again despite teh fact i have nothing to contribute to the thread and despite the fact i do in fact have a girlfriend and she is quite attractive and yet i still find myself attracted to other women on a regular basis in a quite sexual manner meaning i dream of pumping my seed into the birth canals of females on the streets and in the malls on a regular basis

>her

>gendered pronouns
Xir*