Gender is purely a social construct

>gender is purely a social construct

Doesn't this sorta conflict with some people being born a gender that doesn't match their sex?

a henry t. ford automobile is also a social construct

There's no such thing as "gender" outside of grammar.

It's like the libshit version of the dogma of the trinity, you are not supposed to understand it. Questioning it marks you as a reprobate

No, not in the sense of it being purely performative.

It doesn't conflict at all since the full sentiment would be "gender as it applies to biologic sex is a social construct". Your take on it is over simplified, like your brain.

>All hetrosexuality is socially constructed
>All homosexuality is genetically determined
>Building a consistent ideological framework is hard work

Ah, no. She says gender is performative, period.

yes

If so, can the trannies stop messing with us already?

Performativity is an ideological justification that gives carte Blanche to neoliberal social engineers chasing after 50/50 utopia.

Right and that is in no way tied to biologic sex.

If sex has zero to do with gender then what's the point of sexual reassignment surgery?

>neoliberal social engineers
Such as? Your inability to imagine your own autonomy is touching.

What is the point of any plastic surgery? I am not saying it isn't vanity, i will say that gender roles are also vanity.

If I remember correctly, she claims that sex is socially constructed.

>There is no gender identity behind the expressions of gender
She writes so badly that you can take her to mean what ever you want. Mind you, I guess she's never kept livestock.

Butler claims sex is also socially constructed, so no, her system is at least internally consistent in this regard.

>gender is in no way related to biological sex
>except 99% of the time

You mean cosmetic surgery.

So you don't think SRS should get public funding?

How gender is constructed is heavily influenced by innate hormonal factors. Butler isn't creative or subtle enough to come up with a conception of gender that takes culture AND biology into consideration. She mediocre.

Even if it is a social construct, that doesnt mean shattering the overarching social order so that you can dress like a pretty lady isnt inherently destructive.

As a woman performing a male identity because she is biologically more masculine than the female average, she would say so of course to validate her identity as normal. It would be much more beneficial to her if instead she accepted her lot as an outlier and did something good with it.

Her argument is against essentialism which i think is relevant to the facts. Gender expression cannot be considered essential to chromosomal expression.

Why do transgendereds expect people to play along with bullshit identities that are, according to their own ideology, performative, made up and politically motivated?

i.e. "gender pedagogues" which by law need to be present in every Swedish kindergarten. The administrative state will always gravitate towards ideologies that increase its own power. How long before we reach optimum totalitarianism? Not even the planners of the soviet new man went this far. The bien pensant class sees dissent as just another technocratic problem to be solved.

She thinks sex is a social construct though. She's not a gender is "different to your assigned sex" person.

I would say absolutely not. Noone's gender expression should be publicly funded. That would be like me demanding money to go to harvard grad school because i see myself as a writer. Would be nice but not necessary for a decent and just society.

>i.e. "gender pedagogues" which by law need to be present in every Swedish kindergarten. The administrative state will always gravitate towards ideologies that increase its own power. How long before we reach optimum totalitarianism? Not even the planners of the soviet new man went this far. The bien pensant class sees dissent as just another technocratic problem to be solved.

I actually agree with you whole heart.