Other urls found in this thread:

testyourvocab.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

and one for grammar

My shame

that's ok user, ty for trying

>tried the testyourvocab.com test since this one seemed like a joke
>10k-something words
how do i become less of a brainlet, Veeky Forums?

I'm getting there

newb question tho: is english easy or hard to learn comparatively to other languages?

Kill me i'll never make it

Depends completely on what languages you know before.
From a "neutral" standpoint, it probably isn't that hard, but there are several easier languages.

I'm not even a native-speaker.

I'll say it's easy because it's rather simple on a basic ground. Unless you go full rhetoric you shouldn't have problems learning it on 10 weeks.
Also, being the franque language helps a lot as we are more familiar with it, regardless of where do you live.

28925, top 0.35 percent, better than i expected desu

Grammar

That's the exact score I got. I'm a native speaker.

I got a 2,700.

I thought 30325 was the highest possible score

>tfw got nearly the exact same score as the other test
>tfw all these tests I've taken are empirically consistent with my actual intelligence
>tfw forever 1960 SAT, 127 IQ, 22000 on these tests brainlet

>used testyourvocab.com
>24,200
I'm starting to forget my native language.

127 iq is pretty high, which test was it on?

Stanford-Binet

127 is better than ~96% of the population, not bad mang

kek'd pretty hard dood

What are smart people like you guys doing on Veeky Forums? Or is this test meaningless and you're all a bunch of retards?

Being smart doesn't automatically make you a hard worker

i'm the guy who posted my test results. most people would consider me dumber than I actually am, or at least that's how I've conducted myself over the years. it's cringeworthy the lengths I used to go to prove myself, although that's mostly an ego issue more than anything.

because i'm lazy as fuck tbqh. and don't worry once i get back to skiing i won't be here very much

unless you are not a native speaker, it's meaningless

>tfw you knew what a word meant but not what any of the examples mean

Vocabulary doesn't equate to intelligence, it's mostly a matter of exposure and memorization

Same
>t. another non-native speaker

Looks like you’ve got some balls to suck, verbose gaylord. Your homework is to coin some new words to describe the experience. I hope you’re as good at sucking as you are literate.

I don't know what to do with my life desu.

i mean, if i have to suck, i may as well aspire to be in the top 0.01% of suckers

you ski or you're lazy or both?

you're already "doing something" with your life whether you like it or not, so may as well try to figure out a way how to do what you enjoy at any cost

I've had this saved on my phone for almost a year. I was drunk as shit when I took the quiz.

It has a LOT of stupid fucking rules or things that don't really make sense, especially to non-native speakers, but it's not the hardest thing to learn to an acceptable level.

How old are you OP? I’m 19.

"The Antonym of" is triggering me. Would have it be so hard to right "An antonym for"? Most of these are not "The" antonym.

user, i want to believe but you know it doesn't count if you take it more than once right

Have you been reading a lot since you were 11 or something?

most of them toward the end i felt entailed picking the least shitty one, seemed to work out

Not a native speaker but it seems good enough.

28925 and I'm 18 and I don't even read

get over yourself, the results are obviously heavily curved

21 years old non-native neet.
also got 112 in grammar.

I don't believe you

Time for a REAL test
testyourvocab.com/

Never had any chance to interact with native speaker.

And not just bitching, 29450

For reference, these are the score I got.

close enough

Don't bother. Most native speakers have an extremely limited vocabulary. You'd probably expand your vocabulary more by reading works written by pseuds than by having conversations with other humans.

having alternatives does make it easier on the multiple choice, i think

I'm a lazy french student, is it a good score? Also got 104 in grammar. This website says I'm a "language god" but still not sure about that

Did they just start making up words at the end? It's weird to encounter things I can't even figure out the root of.

im smrt

I'm lazy about anything else than skiing and climbing

i'm thinking of moving to the mountains so i can ski and climb all the time

trippy trips

i did this in one shot
serious you are all brainlets
im old to be fair
im not even this guy
but 30500 is prob the max

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if a couple are, since it's an actual survey they would want to root out dolts who just tick every single box

I took it some time last year before so it did feel like cheating. I think I got 30000 before but have learned the remaining words since.

I read a lot more than anyone else I know personally and have done so for the last 6 or so years - at the moment I spend between 10 and 14 hours reading each week. I also look up every unfamiliar word I come across and sometimes will neurotically look up a familiar word to check my definition is homogenous with the official one. It’s all a little bit autistic I must admit.

Non-native.

I've had articles published and done some academic proof-reading. If your score is higher than this you're an English black-belt.

Veeky Forums is fun, because you never quite now what to expect. There's always something new, even after having been here for over 7 years now.

Make way for the king, plebs.

I'm pretty sure that its impossible to honestly get lower than this.

My vocabulary was like 7000 with the first one but 13000 with the second one.
Non native speaker here. My vocabulary really seems to be lacking but at least I scored 100 on the grammar part.
However the first test really showed me how many words I have never even heard of.

If it's worth something, english is not my native language

This is my English result, for comparison.

There are less words in norwegian than in English i assume.

plus grammar, 112

My grammar is pretty bad by 'people who read and write' standards

Yes, but which Game of Thrones House are you?

Like any other: depends what your native language is. If its European, yes same as any other related language, if Asian then its hard.

The trickiest thing about English compared to some other European languages is the non-phonetic pronunciation, silent letters and stresses. Google 'great vowel shift' for an explanation as to why.

I dun undestand. got 65 on the IQ test

Got 6600 not native tho

>for an explanation as to why
Doesn't explain why you retards don't do orthographic reforms like all sane people out there.

Well now you're just being mean:(

Perhaps.

This is my score for English grammar.

Plebs work for bread and circus, plebs can also get them for free. There's nothing to work for, aside from creative work, yet that would be to honor God, the Creator of all; to assume the mantle as His image.
I'm having a bit of a struggle with that at the moment.

what exactly are you struggling with user

Early modern English in some ways easier than contemprary English. The clarity of pronouns (thee, thou) and -eth -est verb suffixes are simpler and more intuitively similar to other modern European languages. Ergo, the King James Bible and Shakespeare are easier to read than Zadie Smith.

itt: brainlets

too lazy to screenshot.

non-native speaker, im guessing its not bad but not terrible.

there was a question in the vocab that seemed to have two possible answers btw, the one about catalyst. Anybody remember it clearly?

i think it asked for the antonym, and i can't remember what my choice was, but there was also "damp" which seemed related

It wanted the antonym of catalyst. The options were current, damp, nadir, prevention. The answer is prevention but you could argue that the nadir of a process (or non-process) is the opposite of its catalyst or the 'getting go' of a process. Its a round-about arguemnt but half makes sense.

I took their IQ test. Hah!

Consider the following: "fo shizzle ma nizzle" is a perfectly cromulent English phrase.

"motherfucker you's bein all facetious n shiet" is in fact a legitimate English language expression spoken in the african-american english dialect

i lost interest after 8 questions, randonly clicked the rest and got 110

i got easy words desu