twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

han kang

Starcraft fanfics

I would love to read about the history of K-Pop

peak literature
youtube.com/watch?v=4jJKo8KFTjo

I hear they have a thing for 19th C british literature

I recommend Richard E. Kim. It's more accessible than badly translated classics

I must confess as a Korean our people aren't very much into literature. We obsess more over winning the Nobel Prize more than producing quality writers or creating a culture to cultivate writers who can actually win one. That being said, Han Kang did win a Man Booker International for The Vegetarian, and Ko Un is a poet who is thought to be shortlisted quite often for major literary awards. We're better known for our movies anyways.

>not a mothership rush
Absolutely plebeian.

>We're better known for our movies anyways.
I prefer it this way desu. Your people make kino films.

and how could you, you have the most ugly language in the world

you need to go back

kim young-ha

R00d

Of course, King Sejong not only invented the alphabet but also literature and music.

>We're better known for our movies anyways.
It's amazing how much better Korean films are than Bollywood trash considering how long Pajeet's been at it.

Pajeets cannot into civilization

Indians are autistic, that’s why they make the same shit over and over again.

Indians don't have the money and the decadent finesse to care about art house

Korean 00s filmmaking is like the post-grunge of movies.

Park Chan-wook is the only redeeming feature of your American puppet-state shithole.

You don't like plastic fucktoys and dirt-cheap alcohol?

That's the rest of SE Asia, but, admittedly, America also have influence over most of SE Asia. But not so much, also.

Korea strikes a pretty good balance in between having those things and not being a complete shitheap, though, but that's just my opinion.

Korea is wealthy and has cool industries, however, the inhumane culture there ruins the quality of life

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_in_South_Korea

This is testament to how much of a synthetic country they are. Same thing with Japan. They're only rich because America use them as military bases. At least every shithole that surround SK (including NK) has preserved heritage and social meaning, without becoming hyper-capitalist bug societies.

>synthetic country

Is that the same thing as synthetic food? Can I eat it?

We will eat the Amerimutt dogs when we capture the entire peninsula and reunite Chosŏn

Modernity has definitely damaged the culture in South Korea. Compared to what's happened in America or even Europe though, it's nothing. At least it's not a crime to talk about it in Korea.

>Suicide
Who cares? Some of the high rate is definitely because of ~modernity~, but both Japan and Korea have traditionally had much less of a cultural prohibition/stigma against suicide.

I'd be much more impressed if you could show a marked *increase* in suicide over decades. I haven't seen one.

>implying Anerica ever had a culture

There would be one because the old are forced out of their homes, and have a deep shame to leech off their family. They kill themselves because of economic factors, and I doubt the youth really care about the family unit anymore. This has only been around since the rapid growth after the war. I'll try find something substantial though.

>I'd be much more impressed if you could show a marked *increase* in suicide over decades. I haven't seen one.
Lol

I used to love those interviews with him and HotBid.

Sorry but as another Korean, I know this is untrue. You just have to learn the language and look for Korean literature. There were times when Korean writers were strictly censored by various governments like the Japan. But plenty of great literature have been published with folksy, mythical, mystical elements, some realism, and other things throughout the decades.
What is really lacking is good translations from Korean to English. I've read some translated literature that would be good in its original language but with horrid English translations.

Name some

Name some, I can read Korean but it's very difficult and I can't be wasting time on shit.

I'll give you a list tomorrow.

Ko Un is alright.

That one Ko Un poem with the pig is really great.

>killing savages
>not culture

No

I've only read some of their webtoons.