Whats some good literary fiction for animal lovers?

Whats some good literary fiction for animal lovers?

Other urls found in this thread:

utilitarian.net/singer/by/2001----.htm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Maybe Aesop's fables?

Too childish (mean that in a non-criticism sense). Even though I posted Watership Down, I'm not necessarily looking for books that feature animal protagonists or anthros.

National Velvet, Old Yeller, those are some classics. James Herriot has written several books with storys of dogs, cats, and other animals. W. Bruce Cameron has a few dog stories out. Then there is a collection called "Dog is my Co-pilot" by various authors.

utilitarian.net/singer/by/2001----.htm

I can't read Watership Down. I have a rabbit and I love her.

Life and death are a part of the same cycle. Accept it, you will feel better.

I do, but that doesn't mean I will be able to read about the death of something related to a creature I care about. I have a hard time reading about dogs getting hurt.

>I have a hard time reading about dogs getting hurt.
better stay away from richard adams altogether then user
maybe michael morpurgo is more your type of thing

I make sure to. I have I Am Legend on my bookshelf and have yet to read it. I like animals. I am mostly vegetarian because of it (save for chicken and fish), and it just bothers me. Call me tender-hearted, I guess.

Wasp Factory.
Cujo.

nothing wrong with that user. caring for animals is one of the things that sets us apart from the savages. for you i'd probably recommend something like gerald durrell.

Thank you for the recommendation. I'm looking this guy up right now and will probably go to #bookz.

What's some good fiction for those of us that hate animals?

the rats of nimh
animal farm
the horse whisperer

asofai has some good animal cruelty

life of pi

bump

>good novel with animal protagonist
The Call of the Wild, by Jack London.
>good novel without animal protagonist
Prodigal Summer, by Barbara Kingsolver.

>James Herriot
Good taste, my brethren, though I liked his nonfiction better.

haven't read it but heard fifteen dogs is good