Stop bullying me, my poetry is revolutionary!

Stop bullying me, my poetry is revolutionary!
Your all just jealous of my success!

Other urls found in this thread:

goodreads.com/book/show/23513349-milk-and-honey?ac=1&from_search=true
instagram.com/collin_andrew_yost/
theoutline.com/post/2488/collin-andrew-yost-the-most-hated-poet-in-portland
theconcourse.deadspin.com/instagram-poet-rupi-kaur-seems-utterly-uninterested-in-1819153164
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

i actually replied to this because digits

>go to goodreads
>even the stereotypical female YA readers are saying that Milk and Honey sucks, and these are the reviews with the most likes

kek

goodreads.com/book/show/23513349-milk-and-honey?ac=1&from_search=true

Nice

>4 stars
>*Note: I'm an Amazon Affiliate. If you're interested in buying milk and honey, just click on the image below to go through my link. I'll make a small commission!*

Where are her nudes?

Yeah I need to see her butthole

Women with horse faces like that really turn me on

like I still don't fucking get it. Everyone eats this garbage up. Milk and Honey coincides with this garbage SJW Slam poetry too

Anyone can publish

tumblr melancholia ruined everything
it's worse than Veeky Forums memes at this point

she is incredibly successful though, have you ever heard that 'the market will decide'?

lol gtfo tao lin

Can we stop making these posts, it just isn't funny.

user, its pretty clear that rupi can resonate with the feelings of the gloat, and very often thats more important that the aesthetics, language, musicality, rhythm/rhyme, idk, whatever makes a poem good

This is the worst, laziest bait I've seen here yet. And that's saying a lot.

I am now imagining the giddily self-satisfied smile that creeps across the otherwise stern, visibly borderline faces of those obese cunts who were nobodies in high school and are now in their late 20s and are reading this Rupi Kaur poem and deciding to reshare it on Facebook from their Single Mommy Sisterhood group.

Show bobs
And vegana
Dear

--rupi kaur

You call someone pretty before you call them intelligent or brave because it's pretty obvious within one second when someone is pretty not so much with intellect or bravery or whatever other quality.
One see this with kids a lot, and it isn't even gendered. When you see relatives at Christmas, for example, they usually say things like "Oh look how big you're getting, you'll be a linebacker like your father," or look how pretty you are you take after you're mother." It's extremely stupid to claim that these ice breaker like compliments are meant to describe the only quality that is important about you, or in a child's case the only important quality you will ever have.
You really make a mountain out of a mole hill here Rupi you hack.

I’m a girl. Should I read Milk and Honey or is it a waste of time?

We need a version of M&H with critical footnotes like this.

If you have a penis, you aren’t really a gril, user.

Rupi is an objectively bad poet.

She is popular because people are mostly stupid. She is popular with women because she appeals directly to them.

So in answer - only if you are not a smart girl.

Is she implying intelligence is not something you're born with? It's mostly hereditary and whatever portion of it isn't is determined by early childhood, which is completely outside of a person's control.

In her defense, she doesn't talk about intelligence but spirit and bravery. Doesn't mean the "poem" isn't the hottest pile of shit I have ever read.

Nah, it's hard to draw much depth or perspective from her work. It may be a pretty book (primarily aimed at girls), yet it just lacks the kick of character that other poets can give.

Derivative zeitgeist meandering

nael > rupi

Her poetry is terrible but she's no worse than any other hack. She just came along at the right time since America is all about buying terrible literature to signal they follow political trends.

Maybe i'm giving her an easy time because she's my sexual kryptonite for some reason.

I showed it to my mom and and said it was stupid teenager shit. So there.

Contrarian here actually thinks kaur is decent.

I mean shes hardly the sappho of our age and a lot of it is tumblr shit but i think some of it is alright. Lets face it poetry is ultimately in decline and at least her and others are bringing poetry to the forefront again. More teenagers now will read kaur over whitman, tennyson or even fucking virgil which is degeneracy, but at least it keeps poetry alive and reinventing itself

ahahah

based onion poster

>It's mostly hereditary
That's a pretty give statement. I don't think that's ever been conclusively proven. It's nearly impossible to extricate heredity from cultural conditions. Do you have any texts in mind?

you guys want to see even worse poetry? instagram.com/collin_andrew_yost/

>you are resilient or, you are extraordinary
this sounds like peak patronizing, do women unironically treat each other that way?

after reading a few of those he seems to be post-post-ironically trolling

Some of the poems wouldn't be half bad if she was a musician, and she didn't take herself so seriously

Fucking amazing God really does exist.

wtf I hate the selfish gene now!

he is not. he is totally sincere. maybe some of the recent ones are a reaction to the internet hate machine theoutline.com/post/2488/collin-andrew-yost-the-most-hated-poet-in-portland

I don't know where redditors even got the idea that people liked this

just keep it in the loo, bitch.

Basic bitches really do love Rupi Kaur, though.

She's a woman, not only that she's brown, not only that, she writes """poetry""".

If I were a redditor I'd believe she's pretty much Jesus.

That's the classical caucazoid face senpai
that's the aryan look

theconcourse.deadspin.com/instagram-poet-rupi-kaur-seems-utterly-uninterested-in-1819153164

required post

Wow, my favorite type of story, I hate both sides involved.

intelligence being 70%ish hereditary is pretty much established by now

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heritability_of_IQ

ancient aryans had pale skin, blue eyes and black hair. looked like Iranians-Arabs-Jews-Pashtuns and Phoenicians all combined. There were no blondes in India in ancient times. Germanics are a breakaway language group that came out of the Indo-Aryan migration into Europe. Nords are a mix of ancient Hunter Gatherers and those Indo-Aryans.

Proof that good reads ratings are garbage.

I can't motorboat a bravery

Short answer: yes. It's a viciois competition to find out who virtue signals deeper than the rest while waiting for an inevitable backstabbing. This happens in all age groups, too.

pottery in motion

kek

poo in loo and stop talking about your vagina.

>I want to apologize to all the women that I haven't given dishonest, condescending, premature compliments

aww this is such a pretty sentiment

That article is in the same intellectual vain as Rupi Kaur 'poem' though; typical millennial 'bit of this, bit of that, I really don't an opinion about anything':

"Kaur does, however, do what I think is the most important aspect of professional writing: She creates work that articulates thoughts and feelings that readers have not crystallized for themselves. Her work, no matter what I may think of its literary merits, seems to help people relate to the world around them, and the emotions and experience contained within. "

"Folks, it’s a real wild one. At first I was like, No, why would I read this? I don’t find Kaur’s poetry to be particularly ... good ... but I’m more of a prose gal anyway, and who am I to tell the variety of women on my Facebook and Instagram feeds that I think Kaur’s work reads to me more like platitudes or mantras, which can be easily part of poetry, but ... I don’t know. It’s just not for me."

Just word after word, sentence after sentence of inane drivel.

spoken word poetry has always been shite and people have always thought the world is coming to an end

>spoken word poetry has always been shite
End yourself.

Not saying you're wrong, but her forehead is too short due to centuries of inbreeding amongst her brahmin caste.

>he likes spoken word poetry

user, we need to talk.

I'm not saying that her messages aren't empowering to the right audience, or timely, or that her success isn't impressive, or that Instagram wasn't idiotic for deleting her menstrual blood photo. I am saying that Rupi Kaur's poetry is flat-out terrible, identical in every way to any 16 year-old's overwrought "profound spoken word" drivel, her drawings are little better, and the fact that she's sold over a million copies and become #1 on the New York Times bestseller list doesn't change the fact that any decent pop song has better words. One's subject matter doesn't exempt one's skill from criticism. But I sadly agree that she is the perfect poet for our times: her poems are mostly indiscernible from the millions of cheesy affirmations clogging our social media, except that she carefully signs her name to each cloying profundity: brief, shallow, so utterly tailored to her target audience that they amount to flattery, even in the sense that most of the audience could do as well themselves. This is Rumi for the Instagram age. So why should this bother me? Well, by way of comparison, Dionne Brand’s 1990 volume of poetry, No Language Is Neutral, sold around 6,000 copies, a remarkable number, even with a Governor General’s Award nomination. Rupi Kaur's first collection of poems has sold over a million copies so far. In fact, more people bought 'milk and honey' than bought all other poetry books by all other Canadian poets combined, living or dead, last year. It's depressing.

I could produce just a similar book under the guise of a Latinx transexual in a month copying a bunch of Tumblr posts then once published DMCAing the accounts to get them to take my work down.

not sure if true, but i've been said that there's plenty of dudes in current year writing under female pseudonyms to be able to sell more genreshit

Show me the moose knuckle.

i want to apologize to all the gentlemen
i have called debonair.
before i've called them intelligent or brave.
i am sorry i made it sound as though
something as simple as what you're born with
is the most you have to be proud of
when your spirit has crushed mountains
from now on i will say things like, you are enlightened
or you are euphoric.
not because of some phony god's blessing
but because you are enlightened by your own intelligence.

Women don't like it because they are bitter.

The thing with feminine beauty and making women sex objects is that it's the women who want that. Women dont want to be smart, ordinary and brave. They want to be sexy, beautiful, "thicc" and such. Women want to be sex objects.

Women and men are different. Men dont care about looks and beauty, being not-ugly is enough for most men.

Her apologizing for something that women truly want is hypocrite and cheap.

Stop bullying me,
my poetry is
revolutionary!
Your all
just jealous of
my success!

-rupi kaur

Source pls. One that's not from retardblogs.

Alright, who did this!?:

he was a reader
his mind
expanded with thought
conceived mainly
from
white men
i gave him
my entire heart
and he treated
me as his
infinite jest

SLAYYYYY HUNNIIIIEE!

/pol/ btfo

literal self-help therapy

I'm from /pol/ and we hate women and especially poos. We consider them inferior to us as white men

I started doing christmas temp work at a book retailer since November and it worries me how many copies of Milk & Honey and the The Sun and Her Flowers are being sold

I thought that was a tumblr stereotype.

post feet